It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from AUS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hi guys I've been lurking here since years ago when a friend put me on a thread on this site back in 2004 (i think). If anyone can remember a crazy thread about a guy claiming to be a time traveller from the future, all I remember is the thread went for pages with people trying to debunk him then he eventually posted pics of his time travel machine and it was a red hilux in his garage and he was holding a torch or something like that. Surely if anyone was around back then they'd remember it was pretty funny.

Anyway I checked back in here maybe 3 or 4 times a year since then, but started to get a bit more into the information here after watching that 911 movie called Zeitgeist which was eye opening to say the least. Following that was the GFC a couple years later which brought me back here a little more often, then finally the BP oil spill sealed the deal and I have visited here once a day at least!

It is certainly strange but reassuring to see posts stating an absolute belief in some pretty crazy ideas (like aliens/2012/transfer of subconcious? etc) and for these guys not to be flamed for a couple of pages - who knows maybe I'll become one of them!

Anyway cheers all.
edit on 18-12-2010 by PandaJZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by PandaJZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi Panda

Welcome from a fellow Aussie. Enjoy your stay!

Heffo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello, thanks to people speaking out the web-censorship that probably would have taken this website offline in AU you can be here today!

How do you feel about the gun control in AU?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PandaJZ

Ah Zeitgeist was what gotcha going. Welcome fellow truthseeker. I think that after years of lurking you should do 20 laps around the track by way of penance.

Regarding the time traveller, I think you may be referring to 'John Titor'. No one successfully debunked him because he offered no proof for debunking; It was an amusing episode but nowhere near as difficult to pull off as many had argued.

If you like that kind of thing and haven't come across it yet I recommend the 'hidden hand' threads and analysis. Unfortunately it's a subject with an unbelievable number of pages and posts.

Once again welcome see you on the boards.
edit on 18-12-2010 by spookfish because: because i'm a numty

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Hello, thanks to people speaking out the web-censorship that probably would have taken this website offline in AU you can be here today!

How do you feel about the gun control in AU?

ahha we're not counting our chickens - that web censorship may still pass into legislation Conroy is a stubborn @#$% and have you seen him? He looks like Henry Rollins - no wonder he gets what he wants!

About the gun control its not nearly as politicised here as it is in the states, I'm all for it though, and I think the majority of the population are for it as well. Regulate guns to people who need them like farmers and sports people and police and deny them to the rest of the population - we have a problem with knives here not guns. I know our laws changed drastically after a multiple murder years ago, and there has never really been a push to bring back those laws.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookfish
reply to post by PandaJZ

Ah Zeitgeist was what gotcha going. Welcome fellow truthseeker. I think that after years of lurking you should do 20 laps around the track by way of penance.

Regarding the time traveller, I think you may be referring to 'John Titor'. No one successfully debunked him because he offered no proof for debunking; It was an amusing episode but nowhere near as difficult to pull off as many had argued.

If you like that kind of thing and haven't come across it yet I recommend the 'hidden hand' threads and analysis. Unfortunately it's a subject with an unbelievable number of pages and posts.

Once again welcome see you on the boards.
edit on 18-12-2010 by spookfish because: because i'm a numty

yeah thats the one, I can't believe it wasn't officially debunked with the Hilux pics, I mean you know how fast those things go right? LOL anyway thanks spook I'll see ya around.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
He's a disinfo agent!!!! Don't trust a word he says!!!

ROFL!!!!!!

You seriously could be though, and we'd never know. But welcome to ATS. I'm also from the AussieLand!

Prepare to have your mind warped in sooo many ways it's mind boggling. Also, prepare to become depressed at all the things you know that others don't. This place will open your mind if you are willing,
edit on 18-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
He's a disinfo agent!!!! Don't trust a word he says!!!

ROFL!!!!!!

You seriously could be though, and we'd never know. But welcome to ATS. I'm also from the AussieLand!

Prepare to have your mind warped in sooo many ways it's mind boggling. Also, prepare to become depressed at all the things you know that others don't. This place will open your mind if you are willing,
edit on 18-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

haha maybe!!

btw I'm guessing you have a melbourne influence based on your avatar?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PandaJZ
About the gun control its not nearly as politicised here as it is in the states, I'm all for it though, and I think the majority of the population are for it as well. Regulate guns to people who need them like farmers and sports people and police and deny them to the rest of the population - we have a problem with knives here not guns. I know our laws changed drastically after a multiple murder years ago, and there has never really been a push to bring back those laws.

I have heard that from a friend in AU. He works as a gas station attendant and he told me a story about a man chasing armed robbers down with a sword and hacking them to death. Of course, swords were banned soon after. Any truth to that?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

yeah there were a few incidents all at once right before the ban on swords, the most high profile was a triple murder with a samurai outside a nightclub which brought about the changes - check the link for the details:

The Age article

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Thankyou for sharing, I personally believe a population of armed responsible citizens is the best, though not perfect, solution to many problems today.

When you've deliberately dumbed down the majority of the populace, fed them disinfo, and given them a gun they are just as dangerous as they are without a gun. Note : Very Dangerous

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Welcome to the site mate. You'll read stuff here you'll think is loonly, rubbish, interesting, enlightening, educational, informative and people who will give you perspectives on things you never thought possible.

btw, accept that you are now on the ASIO and the CIA watch list.

cheers

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Thankyou for sharing, I personally believe a population of armed responsible citizens is the best, though not perfect, solution to many problems today.

When you've deliberately dumbed down the majority of the populace, fed them disinfo, and given them a gun they are just as dangerous as they are without a gun. Note : Very Dangerous

yeah I think the problems you face in the US are quite different to the problems here. There are many attacks here late night in the city and trains but very rarely are they gun related. To arm our population would inevitably lead to an arming of the thugs. Yes they could buy a gun right now if they wanted, but most don't because they know they aren't facing armed victims. As you said its not perfect but it's the lesser of two evils.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PandaJZ

well I was born and raised in Melbourne, but i left Victoria for the hotter weather of Brisbane, QLD.

So you were correct, as my avatar was from my night clubbing and raving scene of melbourne.

Lets do the Melbourne Shuffle ;-P

edit on 19-12-2010 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PandaJZ

Hi PandaJZ, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Dam you Sauron!!!! I was going to give you a star for that info, but cant because you're a mod!

new topics

top topics

join