It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your default emotional status, what are you becoming more of ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Simple question,
We're emotionally based creatures,
Basically everything about us roots to our emotional state, in every instance and every behavior.
Emotions are engaged at home, on the job, during purchases, driving around, anywhere and everywhere we find ourselves to be.
I ask this partially because I see, and believe, that more and more people are being converted to a default emotional position of anger.
I believe it's caused by a constant hammering of the negative.
Negative conditions, negative news, negative entertainment whether in film content or lyric content.
The negatives are overwhelming, silently, consistantly and with enormous frequency.
Then through individual interaction, with a negative set as a default emotion, simple daily life, daily tasks are approached with the preconception of an awaiting combative situation, and the intial face that is most often presented has anger waiting right under the surface.
What was your emotional default? Has it changed, have we allowed ourselves to become easier to manipulate, easier to control, and are we further from co-operation, peace, and neighborly existence than we should be to insure the good lives we all want?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I agree with you totally. One is fortunate, if not being affected by this stress caused shift in the mental state of people. I for one know, that i am being forced to live my life in a way that seems unnatural to me and that has started to annoy me. So what was i? satisfied with the circumstances. What are i becoming more of: annoyed with things that are absurd and still everyday happenings.
edit on 2010-12-18 by above because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by above
I agree with you totally. One is fortunate, if not being affected by this stress caused shift in the mental state of people.

I believe we are being herded into an emotional state that allows for an easier control and direction to our own destruction.
The power of emotions has been harnessed to work against us, and in my opinion is the key to our survival or fall.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Myself, always easy going and very understanding, always stop to help people, or drive a little slower if someones going slow in front of me, always woke up happy, even in the darkest days because I always believed I could make the day better if it got bad,
anymore though, I dont like who I'm becoming,
not so much to others, but to myself.
I'm still very respectful to others, I just think I'm tolerating too much stress.
Way too many friends, family members and coworkers are dancing on the tight thin string and going off the handle much more frequently and at greater inappropriate levels.
So I'm thinking 'if I'm seeing it' maybe its within all the populations around the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
Simple question,
We're emotionally based creatures,
Basically everything about us roots to our emotional state, in every instance and every behavior.
Emotions are engaged at home, on the job, during purchases, driving around, anywhere and everywhere we find ourselves to be.
I ask this partially because I see, and believe, that more and more people are being converted to a default emotional position of anger.

The default position is Fear.
Anger is the reaction to fear.
Depression is then the reaction (inward turning) to anger.
Paralysis is the reaction to depression.

It was said that in Stalinist Russia there were two feelings.
Fear and Hunger.
At least we are not hungry,yet.

The Stages of Political Awakening
Ignorance (Knowledge of Only What you want to Believe)
Knowledge (Awakening to True Facts)
Denial (Attempting to go back to Ignorance)
Shock (Realization that your Beliefs are not True)
Grief (Realization that you have lost something)
Depression (Sadness over loss)
Anger (Sadness projected outward)
Bargaining (Hoping to get back what was lost)
Acceptance (Changes are Beyond Your Control)

edit on 30-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Speaking for myself, I have always been the outgoing happy go lucky type for the most part. Now I am pretty much the exact opposite. I have become very reclusive.I used to know lots and lots of people and was pretty popular at one time, now I think I have 2 friends a daughter and wife and I am quite content with that.

I only go out to work and I have that down to a few days, and I try to get done what I need to do just so I can get home and not worry about it for the other few days. My peace is in my own little space. Im really quite content in my own little world. I have no problem being alone and actually savor all the alone time I can have.

I have really lost a lot of the patience I used to have in some sense. I really have no time for ignorance, and something as simple as letting someone cutting in front of me while driving without a thank you from them really crawls up my .... Sounds silly I know, but it is what it is.

My little world has peace and I aim to keep that way. I am open to sharing that, but most dont have the time, which is probably a good thing in the long run for me, but sad for them.

I look forward to the day of Utopia... guess Im still a dreamer, but that's Good news I think

top topics

join