It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dec 21, 2010 the right date?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sittingonthefence
I guess if the theory is right, we only have a couple of days until we see what's gonna happen. I for one will still be preparing for a busy holiday period, 2 kids and a big extended family, although I will point out that the world has been here for a long long time, and after the human race is long gone it'll still be here spinning around minding it's own.

Hope you find the answers your looking for, merry Christmas.

Having the family over for Christmas as well. Suppose to be having the carpets cleaned on the 21st, so I hope nothing happens.
Right now, I have so much to do, well... I shouldn't even be on this computer.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
lol magic doesnt exist.
So to say 2012 is the end of the world (not to mention 2010?)
Dunno you guys are taking this in a little too much eh?

Your saying the end of the world is in 2 days, this is my response: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IM LAUGHING AT YOU!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*2 days later* nothing happens, and this is what i will do/say "HAHAHAHAHAHA I KNEW IT NOTHING HAPPENS, PEOPLE ARE DUMB"

Seriously though, its a calendar, thats like saying "oh no the calendar ends on dec 31 , i ts the end of the world...what? its the end of the calendar?...what?...get a new one? lol

Sometimes i wonder if evolution is really just taking us backwards, because with threads like this, it sure seems like it

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sidebar:

Mark 13
Geneva Bible Translation:

15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:

16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

19 For in [f] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have been looking through history to see what events transpired during the comming alignment and the most significant was the super volcano mt Taupo in NZ erupting as the biggest eruption in history..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

It is nice you took a peek into the past. What you found isnt what one could call a insignificant happenstance.
Depending one what you read there could be major earth like happenings. Earthquakes, Volcanoes etc. Thanks for taking the time to try and find something in relation to this event.

Now to address the one that thinks we are claiming we think this is the end of the world. I cant think of anywhere in this thread that that has been mentioned. I think it has been more about what kind of events may happen in any realm.

And one more note of mention, I guess magic is in the heart of the believer...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I love how some people completely deny that some types of magic could be real...not too long ago, if someone said there would be computers and touch screens, etc. everyone would've called you crazy and probably would kill you. Those are in fact "magical" devices.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
I love how some people completely deny that some types of magic could be real...not too long ago, if someone said there would be computers and touch screens, etc. everyone would've called you crazy and probably would kill you. Those are in fact "magical" devices.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

Wiki-Llink

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That would be great if it really were this year, I've been dying to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I have been looking through history to see what events transpired during the comming alignment and the most significant was the super volcano mt Taupo in NZ erupting as the biggest eruption in history..

Winter Solstice, Lunar Eclipse Overlap First Time In 456 Years, page 3
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by nidstav
I too noticed that the lunar eclipse and mid-winter solstice aligned this year. Last time that happened was in 1554 when an heir had to be found to the English throne. When it happened the king did see that problems could arise if he chose the wrong successor. An unlikely Lady Jane Grey ascended to the throne. Some days afterwards her opponents saw it fit to make Mary the queen of England. Mary was a devout catholic and wanted to bring the catholic faith back to England. Under her short name she ordered huge bloodsheds because of religion. Later she got the nickname "Bloody Mary". Luckily another quick succession happened so the fair queen Elizabeth could reign. Her reign was long and she was more pragmatic then fanatic when it came to religion. These were troubled times. There was a time when Europe was torn apart by the battle between protestants and catholics.

I hope this is not an omen.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

there is a confusion. but not like this 2 years. Gregorian Calendar added 7 years. when they start they start with 7 yeas plus. Year 0 start with born Of Jesus so when they start counting the new age after Christ they add 7 years for what reason nobody knows. the real date today should be 2003 and not 2010 we have to go back 7 years i have some old books talk about this and today world will never take this in consideration and because of the difference 7 years that explain when people try to decode Nostradamus and others prophecy never happen why because Nostradamus never put a date and things happen later always. in the year 2012 nothing will happen and not the end of the world and what will happen earthquakes - volcanos and other things and these things happen everyday.
Human on earth are free sometime there is some people crazy in Power like to go to war just to realise the prophecy. and remember everyone try to decode Nostradmus will never successed because they use wrong date.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't think of it as an end of the world thing. The fourth world ends and the fifth world begins if I'm not mistaken. That means that there's still a world the day after the big event. I'd say major changes in the world if it's not just a bunch of hocus pocus, which I'm not even close to convinced it isn't.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Actually it sort of makes sense. Not the end of the world parts, but the astrological aspects.
The Mayan calendar from what I know was ALL about astrological events, and that may be all there is to it. No end of the world, just cool astrological events that mark the end of the calender and probably start of a new calendar. Just like we end the year in December.

Who knows....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
best thing about all these failed predictions is it gives us one less bogus doomsdayer to worry about

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"Is it really December 21, 2010?"

No.

Simple as that. I'm still alive...don't know about you though. Next thing we know it's gonna be 3 days off...then 5...then a week. STOP LOOKING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD.

Really.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I invite all the 2012 nuts to make their excuses now. C'mon, you know when your date comes and goes, you will be frantically trying to come up with a new date (The old Julian/Gregorian thing has been used for several such u-turns) Imagine that we are all still alive in 2013. What will you do to come up with a new date? Do it now rather than then. I want to hear it. The Mayans couldn't predict the future. Show them a flashlight and they'd fall to their knees. Why the hell are we always trying to make ancient people out to be smarter than us? Modern man has SUCH an inferiority complex.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetToDaChoppah
I invite all the 2012 nuts to make their excuses now. C'mon, you know when your date comes and goes, you will be frantically trying to come up with a new date (The old Julian/Gregorian thing has been used for several such u-turns) Imagine that we are all still alive in 2013. What will you do to come up with a new date? Do it now rather than then. I want to hear it. The Mayans couldn't predict the future. Show them a flashlight and they'd fall to their knees. Why the hell are we always trying to make ancient people out to be smarter than us? Modern man has SUCH an inferiority complex.

*sigh*..

The arrogance of modern man.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join