It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dec 21, 2010 the right date?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I think we will just have a spectacular lunar eclipse on that night. Then the sun will rise the next morning.

2nd line.

edit on 18-12-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The answer is:

Matthew 24:22

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
(Geneva Study Bible translation)

So keep your eyes open this coming Tuesday. By the way, Tuesday is represented in Roman mythology by Mars, the god of war.

edit on 12/18/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo, Tuesday

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

I think we will just have a spectacular lunar eclipse on that night. Then the sun will rise the next morning.

2nd line.

True the sun will probably rise, but what kind of day may dawn upon us? That is the question.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

2nd line.

True the sun will probably rise, but what kind of day may dawn upon us? That is the question.

I love this statement I was just thinking of creating a 2012 refresher course thread. Simply what exactly is expected to happen on 12 21 2010 or 10 28 2011 or 12 21 2012. I look at this stuff as often as I can but not that much as of late b/c of my job.
End of the world this tuesday or the beginning of the end?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poeticgorilla

Not only a total lunar eclipse but a full moon to boot. Won't happen again to Dec 12 2094.

What do you mean? Lunar eclipses always happen during full moons. And this year's is on Dec 21, not 12th. Did I misunderstand something?

link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Thanks! It is how I feel though. What if it was a time line split or something? They say what you believe or feel is what it will be. lol Silly as it sounds, I am all about the rainbows and unicorns basically. Im a artist, I seek the beauty. Will I fall on that side of the new day? I guess I don't really need to point out the other train of thought...

I really think in all actuality getting past the rainbows and unicorns and back to a semblance of reality, I think a "Key" thing needs to happen. All through history "Key" things happen that change the course. Be it good, bad, or ugly, they have happened. Just to name a few recent keys to follow my train of thought, Lincoln assgination, Hiroshima, Kennedy assignation as well. Then you could throw walking on the moon and 911. These are just a few things that happened with a bang made in a few short seconds, things changed. These are my keys.

What was happening in the cosmos on those days? Maybe we should look and see...

edit on 18-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

link   

I'm glad you picked up on the ambiguity in my statement. The only thing we can be sure of is that the sun will rise the next morning. Anything else is speculation.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I'm glad you picked up on the ambiguity in my statement. The only thing we can be sure of is that the sun will rise the next morning. Anything else is speculation.

lol yes I did... the good news is, we as humans love to speculate, a cheap form of gambling I guess, and we have either a couple more days to do it, or eternity.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There are sites that will give you historical eclipse data but I believe they are all derived from a Gregorian calendar engine. The Julian calender was so far out of sync at one point that the winter solstice came on Dec 10th. I think originally they expected the winter solstice to occur Dec 23rd. Can't seem to find any detailed historical information about an eclipse on that date near the 0 year of the Julian calendar.

The lunar eclipse on the 21st would have been special to the Mayan priests if they could have calculated accurately out that far. We missing something? The reason given for the 2012 date is that The sun will sit precisely on the heavenly crossroads between the Milky Way and the galactic equinox, forming a perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy. Unless that was an after thought that somebody made up later.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slichter
There are sites that will give you historical eclipse data but I believe they are all derived from a Gregorian calendar engine. The Julian calender was so far out of sync at one point that the winter solstice came on Dec 10th. I think originally they expected the winter solstice to occur Dec 23rd. Can't seem to find any detailed historical information about an eclipse on that date near the 0 year of the Julian calendar.

The lunar eclipse on the 21st would have been special to the Mayan priests if they could have calculated accurately out that far. We missing something?
edit on 18-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

Good question. I wonder if anyone has asked them? People wonder where tptb will be the next few days, maybe we should wonder where the shamans and high priest will be.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Perhaps Im feeling a little melancholy, but if I were to pop up one last song for my journey into the new dawn, this just might be it... Least it will make you feel good either way!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I find it odd that this becomes news only 2-3 days before the event. If it was something significant we would've at least heard about it months ago.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The dark eclipse is only on the Western Hemisphere. The rest of the world will be fine.

If you want to be a downer, predict that the nuclear war begins between the Koreas. Timing is about right. That dark period could be the beginning of WWIII.

The Earth keeps on rolling along, it's the people that make the hard times. Throughout history, the rulers have used these heavenly signs to their advantage. Probably will again this Tuesday.

Frankly, I don't believe it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by peacevic

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov... not
all lunar eclipses are during a full moon do your homework.
But total lunar l eclipses do happen during a full moon but not all lunar eclipses do sorry for my mistake.

edit on 19-12-2010 by poeticgorilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by poeticgorilla because: can't spell
:
edit on 19-12-2010 by poeticgorilla because: cause im stupid

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Something may very well happen on the 21st of this month , however the 21/12/2012 enigma has nothing to do with a lunar or solar eclipse .Wether the dates you provide are correct or incorrect an eclipse is not related to the so called Mayan mythos.
This date is sacred to many ancient cultures and is by no means exclusive to the Mayans .The enigma relates to, as someone has already mentioned , the elignment of the sun with the galactic centre not a eclipse . As at this time the sun passes through the thirteenth zodiac .This relates to the sacred number 13 and the pi ratio amoungst other things .
I also would dispute the date of December 21 be it 2010 or 2012 .The date as passed down through my family for generations is December 23rd 2012 . 2+3+1+2+2+0+1+2 =13 .This is why the Monarchy of Europe celebrate Christmas on December 23 .

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
By the way, Obama just approved the federal budget till Tuesday. Just saying.www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

do you understand the difference between a lunar and solar eclipse ? i dont think you do - read : this

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

this event often presages major earthquakes or tsunamis. her idea being that it is focused towards the galactic centre of sagitarius.

Eh? Now whilst there is a possibility of some gravitational effects that are probably not much out of the normal run of things but pointed at Sagittarius? Would this be a reference to this?

This same sense of shock came as scientists announced that the Sun, the Moon, our planet and its siblings, were not born into the familiar band of stars known as the Milky Way galaxy, but we actually belong to a strange formation with the unfamiliar name of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy!

Source

It is quite possible that we may get hit by a body from the Sagittarius Tidal Stream - and we may not even see it coming - but I doubt it will be in 2 days time. *ducks just in case*

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Your post proves nothing, sir.

Did you even read what you wrote?

Probe

According to the link from the OP.

According to this collection of articles, (urls and authors incomplete) the “big shift” is not Dec 21, 2012, but Dec 21, 2010 !!
Good News / Bad News

Now, how credible is an article, if the urls and authors are incomplete that claims THE GOOD NEWS! The world will not end on Dec 21, 2012. THE BAD NEWS: The date has been moved up to Dec 21, 2010. In my opinion it´s just a rare event that on 21st December 2010 coincides with a total lunar eclipse. In other words winter solstice and an eclipse.

Just because is an rare event, that does not mean that the world will end on Dec 21, 2010. Now please read my first post again and explain to me why my post proves nothing.

Peace
edit on 19-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by poeticgorilla

All lunar eclipses happen during a full moon. It's just that the eclipse may be total from some parts of the world and partial from other parts of the world (as your link shows). Here's more info...

Wikipedia - Lunar Eclipse

A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes behind the earth so that the earth blocks the sun’s rays from striking the moon. This can occur only when the Sun, Earth and Moon are aligned exactly, or very closely so, with the Earth in the middle. Hence, there is always a full moon the night of a lunar eclipse.

edit on 19-12-2010 by peacevic because: wrong type of quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join