It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dec 21, 2010 the right date?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am only throwing this out here because, first of all, I know some folks around here are into this kind of thing and have more knowledge then I do about it, as to how true it could possibly be, and second, if it is true or not, then we only have a few days to wait and see.

Also the fact that it does seem to make sense as far as more "magical" things happening this particular night.

Here is a snippet of the article: (Note, this is someone Else's ponder as well and urls and authors are incomplete as it is mentioned)

According to this collection of articles, (urls and authors incomplete) the “big shift” is not Dec 21, 2012, but Dec 21, 2010 !!
Good News / Bad News

THE GOOD NEWS! The world will not end on Dec 21, 2012.

THE BAD NEWS: The date has been moved up to Dec 21, 2010. An astrologer, Victoria Peltz just wrote an article explaining that we are – or may be - two years off in our calendar because of the confusion back in the 16th century between the Gregorian and Julian calendar. In other words when we interpreted the end of the age in the Mayan calendar as 2012, it should have been 2010.
Now what is so interesting about that is when I heard of the 2012 end of the world scenario, I immediately did a chart for Dec 21, 2012 and saw nothing. Then I asked a few of my astro friends and they saw nothing. BUT, if I do a chart for Dec 21, 2010, I see a spectacular, powerful eclipse lasting over one hour. Also, in July 2010, we have a cardinal T-Square with Saturn, Uranus and Pluto in the sky that can be seen as a herald or portent of things to come.
People have been predicting the end of the world approximately every couple of centuries since 2800 BC when it was written on a clay table in Assyria. And the Mayan elders have been trying to tell everyone that the end of a cycle on their calendar is not the end of the world.

This ARTICLE seems to have a lot of little puzzle pieces that may actually point to the truth of this. I don't want to paste them all here for obvious reasons, so you might want to read it to get the full effect.
ARTICLE

Now for me, I know just as much as the rest of you, and Im the type of person that crosses the bridge as I come to it. If this is true though, perhaps so much the better and we may finally get some actual change in this world.I prefer to think positive and hope any change is for the good.

For the folks that do understand charts etc., does this add up?

Please keep in mind this is not me predicting anything. I am just curious about this.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thank you for the thread, but it's funny to bottle all of this 2012 theory into the next few days.

It kind of goes with the whole "If you want something to happen, you manifest it" - And if enough people do, it can "save or destroy the world". Well there is proof, that we are all very impatient.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I guess if the theory is right, we only have a couple of days until we see what's gonna happen. I for one will still be preparing for a busy holiday period, 2 kids and a big extended family, although I will point out that the world has been here for a long long time, and after the human race is long gone it'll still be here spinning around minding it's own.

Hope you find the answers your looking for, merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the article friend. But there is nothing to worry about. The world will not end in 2 days from now.

Here a quote from the article which you posted.

According to this collection of articles, (urls and authors incomplete) the “big shift” is not Dec 21, 2012

All the best my friend.

Peace
edit on 18-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What will be will be and all we can do is deal with it as it comes.... don't plan to far ahead the universe might decide to through you a curve ball
best just to live one day at a time.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatwolf

Good analogy, the Universe loves the curveballs. I mean, we are one.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

oh dizam(yea i went old school)
well i guess its time to rent Donnie Darko! Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My husband and I were just discussing astrology this morning. I kept telling him, this solstice, it's not good, it's not good. He was like "oh, it will be fine!" I told him he better look at it again. He did, and he said "Oh, I see, the moon is VOC, and the aspects - I see what you mean."

I don't know jack about the Mayan stuff, when or what or anything. I just know that I **FEEL** that humankind itself is standing at a very important crossroads. Then I look at the solstice astrology, and it is crap.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

So Im assuming that what you see in the stars coincides pretty much with the article? I dont think it is the end of the world or anything, but like you, I do feel something is in the air and something is going to shift or change in a big way. May be just wishful thinking, but my gut is pretty ummm anxious. Not really the right word for it, but my senses are very attuned that's for sure. Like high alert or something.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It will be the darkest day in 456 yrs.

Break out the flashlights. When a full lunar eclipse takes place on the shortest day of the year, the planet may just get awfully dark. The upcoming Dec. 21 full moon -- besides distinguishing itself from the others in 2010 by undergoing a total eclipse -- will also take place on the same date as the solstice (the winter solstice if you live north of the equator, and the summer solstice if you live to the south).

www.foxnews.com...

Not sure if it has anything to do with the 2012 stuff?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The winter solstice?? I think the correct date is that day when it happens, til then, we'll just have to wait it out!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have wonder about this for awhile ever since the partial eclipse we had earlier this year. That is when i looked ahead to future eclipses and was looking for eclipses on Dec 12 of any year. Not only a total lunar eclipse but a full moon to boot. Won't happen again to Dec 12 2094.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Okay, we'll give them the wrong date, so they won't panic...

"Sir, it turns out there will be no apocalypse."

Mrfhmrfhmrfh, all right, relinquish the real date. Good thing, too, Tuesday would've been a big surprise. Blame a college or something...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
what i found interesting about 2012 is that neptune moves into its own sign of pisces. that may indicate some sort of spiritual renewal.
another is venus eclipses the sun which it did in 2004 and repeats in 2012 as part of its 120 year cycle of eclipses. this phenomena is related to the ending of races, like when cortez landed in south america and cook arriving in australia to begin the downfall of the indigenous population.

the eclipse on tuesday 21-2010 reminds me of an astrologer (forget who) who pointed out that this event often presages major earthquakes or tsunamis. her idea being that it is focused towards the galactic centre of sagitarius.

we shall see soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh dear, 2010 huh? I suppose it would be better to be snuffed out by surprise rather than sitting home expecting it.
I think the fact that a full moon/lunar eclipse is ominous, even if it's not the end of the world!
I was watching the movie Titanic once, imagine knowing, that in 1 1/2 hours time, you will be dead.
Are we all passengers on the Titanic?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I found this article saying something similar. What strikes me is that according to what this article says, the alignment we'll have on 21 December 2010, only happens once in 25'600 years.

dcoda.posterous.com...

On 21st December 2010 coincides with a total lunar eclipse. This is the only lunar eclipse that will occur over this period of 36 years or so during which the winter solstice sunrise is directly aligned to the Galactic Centre. The Mayans, among other cultures, have identified this dark rift in the Milky Way galaxy (between Sagittarius & Scorpio) as the cosmic source of all creation (and destruction) and they have specifically tied their mythological and calendrical traditions to its winter solstice alignment. It is the place to which the Mayan shamans have always ventured on their visionary journeys in order to gain wisdom and understanding. On Winter Solstice this year, thanks to the lunar eclipse, and for the only time during this period of solar alignment, the Moon, Earth, Solstice Sun and Galactic Centre will all be in perfect alignment. This alignment only happens once every 25,600 years

It also says that during the eclipse the holes in the ozone layer and magnetosphere will be directly opposite the sun, so there won't be a 'shield'.

So, it seems as though it could be a possibility. We'll have to wait and see! If it's got to come, let it come, I say, and let's get on with it! In any case, if what the Mayan Elders have been saying recently is true, it's a positive event and not a negative one. So, enjoy!

edit on 18-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Glad you popped that up. It seems that may have been one of the sources my article was referring to as it is almost a verbatim.

I guess maybe in our own tiny little puzzle piece of cosmos it definitely represents something beyond our understanding. Considering the time and space it takes to occur, I would imagine there has to be some form of a ripple effect.

Hard to understand the magic of the cosmos when one is busy watching MTV and eating their take out.

(Just a odd thought that hit me before I hit the reply button, perhaps we should keep a eye in the animals the next couple days... they may eat the takeout, but they don't watch MTV.)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by wcitizen

Glad you popped that up. It seems that may have been one of the sources my article was referring to as it is almost a verbatim.

I guess maybe in our own tiny little puzzle piece of cosmos it definitely represents something beyond our understanding. Considering the time and space it takes to occur, I would imagine there has to be some form of a ripple effect.

Hard to understand the magic of the cosmos when one is busy watching MTV and eating their take out.

(Just a odd thought that hit me before I hit the reply button, perhaps we should keep a eye in the animals the next couple days... they may eat the takeout, but they don't watch MTV.)

Nice thought, I will definitely keep an eye on the animals.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Your post proves nothing, sir.

Did you even read what you wrote?

Probe

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
reply to post by Seed76

Your post proves nothing, sir.

Did you even read what you wrote?

Probe

lol Probe, you crack me up sometimes the things you notice! Bless ya lad for pointing them out, I on the other hand just shake my head!!! Good for you

edit on 18-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join