It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fried Eggs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, I suppose I should be researching this on my recipe site, but since I came here, I can't leave.

So, can anyone answer this stupid question? What is it with fried eggs and that tough skin that sometimes ends up on them - can't stand it!

What is causing it, how do you stop it?

I really can't stand being served one more of these, so if anyone could tell me what the secret is to NOT have this happen I would really appreciate it (even if it means I have to cook them myself).

Please someone give me back the perfect plain old fried egg.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Too much grease? You are talking about that crispy # that forms on them sometimes? btw I hate eggs.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh yes, that's what I mean. Is it that simple? Actually, that would explain it if that is the reason as the person who keeps serving them to me like this definately uses too much butter.

Thank you so much for taking the time to resolve this silly matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't know if it would be the grease, but perhaps that the egg is b eing cooked too long, or at too high a temperature.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Eggs gross me out.

They're so....snotlike...and I can't get over that umbillicus white stringy thingy when you first crack them open. Gnarly

I much prefer the prepared egg that comes in a nice little milk carton.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I dont really like the look of scrambled egga they look like sopm1 has just
i am sorry to say.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
egg farts are the worst. I am only reminded of this because of a car ride earlier today.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You could try poached eggs instead of fried ones. Just make sure the water is boiling before you drop the egg in, so it stays together.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I am getting hungry now!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just use a little butter like maybe a fourth of an inch if you need that much *just enought that it goes and spreads over the bottom of the pan, if there is too much that nasty stuff forms. Dont cook them too long, I cant say how long you should cook them because I dont know how many eggs are being cooked at a time.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Get a good teflon pan and only use plastic utensils in it so it doesn't get scratched. If your pan is high quality enough, you won't even need grease.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well, you are right, it was the grease (too much).

Thanks for the perfect fried eggs this weekend with my Irish soda bread!!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
IRish soda bread? Whats that? bread with coke in it?

top topics

join