It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repeal of Military Gay Ban Clears Final Senate Hurdle Before Passage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Besides, gays could already serve in the military. All they had to do is keep their MOUTH SHUT! [pun intended]

We should only have gay troops and have any other troops be fired upon claiming that they're not gay while subdued to all kinds of punishments and harassment. Does this seem reasonable to you?

I care about real Americans

You spelled "ignorant bigots" wrong.

anti-American left

Equality is anti-American? Or does equality stop once it conflicts with your anti-gay beliefs?

Don't you have KKK meeting to go to?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

anti-American left

Equality is anti-American? Or does equality stop once it conflicts with your anti-gay beliefs?

Don't you have KKK meeting to go to?

No...he is right. it is anti-american...

America has been going downhill ever since they put that damned constitution piece of paper in place. bunch of progressive crap about equal rights and such..

heh...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I will say this. Remember the Roman Empire. Nothings changed.

EDIT: Besides. You're in the UK, This doesn't have anything to do with you. You sound like John Lennon. Poking your nose where it doesn't belong.

I think the UK has a heck of a lot more to do with the States than the Roman Empire does. If you'd deny that the two have effects on each other, what language are you writing in and why on EARTH do we have to join you in your every (censored) war?

Because our PM is historically your president's butt-monkey. And so what happens over there DOES concern us, because it has repercussions over here. Heck, some parents over here are now trying to get ignorance into our science lessons, just like the States have.

EDIT: I realise - belatedly - that this post is not merely inflammatory but a little off-topic, considering that the US made a move for equality that we have already made over here (for once I'm proud of the UK gov't), there aren't likely to be any repercussions from this particular case on British legislation. However, it is still our business because if it had gone the other way, the UK might have felt the need to move back towards inequality.
edit on 18/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From the quote in your opening post:

WASHINGTON -- After two failed attempts, Senate Democrats cleared the way Saturday for passage of a landmark bill that would end the Clinton-era ban on gays serving openly in the military and mark a major triumph for President Obama, liberals and the gay community.

I can always pick out the Fox-skewed disinfo - Clinton did not "ban gays", he sought to change the earlier military practice of drumming out gays/lesbians or even soldiers/sailors suspected of being gay with the flimsiest of evidence. "Don't ask, don't tell" was a compromise reached under Clinton, the military could still boot out gays, but at least they weren't conducting witch hunts for them.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
From the quote in your opening post:

WASHINGTON -- After two failed attempts, Senate Democrats cleared the way Saturday for passage of a landmark bill that would end the Clinton-era ban on gays serving openly in the military and mark a major triumph for President Obama, liberals and the gay community.

I can always pick out the Fox-skewed disinfo - Clinton did not "ban gays", he sought to change the earlier military practice of drumming out gays/lesbians or even soldiers/sailors suspected of being gay with the flimsiest of evidence. "Don't ask, don't tell" was a compromise reached under Clinton, the military could still boot out gays, but at least they weren't conducting witch hunts for them.

Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Welcome to the beginning of the END of the United States.

Nah.

I emphasized END because that's where gays want it.

Oh ho! Sheer brilliance!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

but not the United States that's been hijacked by the anti-American left.

One more tidbit to counter your partisan nonsense

a picture is worth a thousand lol's

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Just exactly what the gays and liberals wanted.

Have fun!

Let me ask you one thing, What does a soldier's sexual preference have anything to do with thier proficiency to service in the military?

This is what all Americans wanted. To equate liberals and gays as being "Anti American" means you have a few screws loose.

ONE MORE FACT REMAINS QUITE CLEAR, THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION AND THE UNITED SATES MILITARY IS NOT GOD'S FIGHTING FORCE.

Remember one vital thing going forward, when a segment of our population is denied rights the Terrorists win!
edit on 18-12-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You just don't get it do you? I can't explain something that you'll never understand so I will not waste my time trying to explain. Thank you.

No, please try and explain!

EDIT: Besides. You're in the UK, This doesn't have anything to do with you. You sound like John Lennon. Poking your nose where it doesn't belong

Oh, so because im from the uk, that means i will never understand your ignorant post?

I hate these over patriotic for your country kind of people. In fact, i find it creepy because they tend to just see things from their countries point of view, which is quite sad considering governments are corrupt as hell and don't give a crap about you!

And it just proves how stupid and primitive we are when we question if gay people should, or should not be in the army! Its just sad! But worse than that is the fact that their are many people on this planet with the same primitive views.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

but not the United States that's been hijacked by the anti-American left.

One more tidbit to counter your partisan nonsense

a picture is worth a thousand lol's

Hey!
You're a riot!

OK. I don't know any homosexuals personally! I've seen some and they've come in to close proximity of me in the past. To me, they're a strange lot. A type I will disassociate myself with. What's wrong with this? Nothing. It's my right. Homosexuals have plenty of their kind to associate themselves with. They don't need my support or friendship.

Like I said, I don't know any homosexuals and I know I never will. To me, they're a strange bunch just as straight people are a strange bunch to them.

I'm just trying to have a little bit of fun here. I can see that homosexuals and there supporters don't like jokes.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am proud of my country for sure today. 17 long years of a stupid, fearful policy. I understand there are still people out there who feel they have legitimate reason to be against this. My response to them is wait and see. My guess is repealing DADT won't cause the kind of chaos many of it's proponents have been predicting as a result of this.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Oh, so because im from the uk, that means i will never understand your ignorant post?

Yes. I'm ignorant of the gays and want they want. I can't care less about what they want. It's my right. I don't want to know anything about them. Am I trying to deny your right to support them or be one? Nope. I'm not. I couldn't care less what you do. Just don't impose your beliefs on me and everything will be good.

I'm just voicing my opinion, something you're obviously against.

edit on 18/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Just exactly what the gays and liberals wanted.

Have fun!

I'm not gay and I sure as hell am not a liberal and this news is good news to me. Maybe you should meet some gay people some time, I'm certain not a single one of them will be attracted to you. I, on the other hand, am man candy for 'em...Can't be helped.

I respect your right to not want to associate with gays...But I don't understand the logic in saying it's the end of America if they can bleed on the battlefield for us if, in fact, you know nothing about gays...

edit on 18-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yes. I'm ignorant of the gays and want they want. I can't care less about what they want. It's my right. I don't want to know anything about them. Am I trying to deny your right to support them or be one? Nope. I'm not. I couldn't care less what you do. Just don't impose your beliefs on me and everything will be good.

I'm just voicing my opinion, something you're obviously against.

edit on 18/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

So, you say they are a "strange bunch" So, you know every single gay person? Oh, wait there, you said you know none
Well, at least you admit to being ignorant. Thats a start.

Yes, you are ignorant!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I am proud of my country for sure today.

Me, too. project.
I was thrilled that both sides of the aisle actually worked together to get a compromise. I hope we see a lot more of that. But this was a great step for freedom and equality. And while there will no doubt be the occasional case of an issue with it, it will be virtually no different at all. Except a group of people will be able to exercise their rights equally.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh, come on!

If you voice your opinion on an online community aimed expressly at debate do you not expect to be refuted? No one is against you posting your opinion. The problem here is that people disagree with your opinion.

All I want to know is how, when we have HUGE and HISTORIC debts and deficits, two wars + all the crap we're secretly doing in place like Colombia and Yemen, a Federal financial regulatory system that is just as predatory as the corporations they are chartered to oversee, our rights being quashed by inept government, are gays serving in the military what's gonna destroy America? Really?

How?
edit on 18-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm all for equal protection under the law. These social machinations enforced by the letter of misguided law written by misguided lawmakers have got to end. Government, at least according to the Constitution, is not supposed to be engaged in social engineering.

This is indeed a win for Liberty.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I'm certain not a single one of them will be attracted to you.

Duly noted!
I'm so glad!
I'd have to kill myself if I knew I was a fag magnet!

So don't you homos come hitting on me!

I don't know any homosexuals but my wife said she worked with some on her job and she said they're the most obnoxious and arrogant human beings she's ever seen.

Hmmm? I thought Yankees were the only obnoxious and arrogant human beings on Earth.

Proven wrong again!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hey!
You're a riot!

Thanks, I am here all week. tip your waitress.

OK. I don't know any homosexuals personally!
if you work out in society, then you might want to rephrase that..you don't know how many homosexuals you know personally. some may be that co-worker you never bothered investigating in on, or that client you trade jokes with, etc...its actually pretty suprising how many people are gay or bisexual but tend to keep quiet (especially around opinionated people).

I've seen some and they've come in to close proximity of me in the past. To me, they're a strange lot.
Your probably talking about the ultra flaming homosexuals...and they are a pretty disturbing (albeit quite amusing at times) lot. I put them right up there with those ultra macho got to say something sexist every minute or two types.(I also find them equally disturbing and amusing)

A type I will disassociate myself with. What's wrong with this? Nothing. It's my right.
Your right. You can disassociate yourself with anyone or anything you don't like...indeed it is your right.
I have known plenty of gay men through work and general friendship...I am not bothered by them. There is one guy I am actually fairly decent friends with. I occasionally make some gay jokes, and he finds it funny..and of course to counter it, he gives me visual descriptions that makes me facepalm..but ultimately we just hang out and kill stuff online together.

I also know a few conservatives. I find them a bit harder to get along with lately because they are in some sort of mental breakdown since 2008. but I still chat with them overall...even though they are such different creatures.

Homosexuals have plenty of their kind to associate themselves with. They don't need my support or friendship.

Like I said, I don't know any homosexuals and I know I never will. To me, they're a strange bunch just as straight people are a strange bunch to them.
Hmm...no...you might be strange to homosexuals or lesbians..they have little problem with me from my experience.
I think you might be suggesting that they have issues with bigots in general...I think that may apply to anyone on earth though, not just homosexuals.
Its your right to be a bigot though..as a matter of fact, I personally believe some bigotry in society helps progress us forward...granted, it is to measure where not to be overall, but still necessary nonetheless
(hard to judge how warm something is without first understanding what cold is)

I'm just trying to have a little bit of fun here. I can see that homosexuals and there supporters don't like jokes.

Hmm...I am not a homosexual, and I don't really see myself as a "supporter" of homosexuality...I am a supporter of America.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I am glad America has finally caught up with several other places in the world...and stopped the hypocracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yes, you are ignorant!

Thank you! I'm ignorant and damn well proud of it.

Ignorant can be fixed! Stupid can't!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join