It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israel Has Deceived U.S.A. Former General Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In what could be a clear case of deception by the Israeli Government a former general and member of an Israeli opposition party showed photos monday of four West Bank outposts he claims will prove the government is indeed deceiving Washington and in fact expanding Jewish enclaves not retracting them or removing them as promised...

ABCNEWS.com

JERUSALEM July 5, 2004 � In a display likely to increase U.S. displeasure with Israel, an opposition lawmaker and former general Monday showed photos of four West Bank outposts he said proves the government is deceiving Washington by expanding the enclaves instead of taking them down.

The settlement watchdog group Peace Now said it has counted 53 outposts Israel is required to dismantle under the U.S.-backed "road map" peace plan or nearly twice the 28 named in a government list handed to the Americans last week.

"There is a clear-cut case of flagrant deception and a breaking of the promise to the Americans,"legislator Ephraim Sneh from the Labor Party told reporters in displaying the "before" and "after" photos....

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There has been no comment so far from Washington on this matter.

It would seem that this phase of the "road map" for peace between Israel and the Palestinians has failed badly amid accusations of clear deception.

Israel seems to make a good case for peace with the Palestinians but their actions always seem to show a pattern of deception. In my view Israel cannot continue down a path of agreement followed by deception without consequences and greater risk of conflict, and with actions such as this Israel runs an even greater risk of losing the trust of her allies.

Other News Today From Israel:

Palestinian Boy, Militant Killed -Medics

[edit on 5-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
And since when Israel listen to US? I have always persived Israel as a leave me along to my own things and don't bother me country.

Israel is pretty much his own person and does not need approval from any other country including US.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
although they really never have, the main reason israel is expected to keep its promises to the USA is the millions of dollars in aid we are constantly giving them, and have been for years.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The American Nation has not won a war since we went along with a few other Nations and made Israel a Country.
One that "thinks" it is above reproach because some read the bible WRONG and don't realize that Israel was a name God gave to Jacob. That statement has not one thing to do with the country of Israel!
Should any Nation bow down to their behavior like the Palatines have had too? NOPE!
So, what's up? That country should abide by the same laws as any of the rest do. Are we supposed to treat them like they are God's chosen people when the "book" tells us, "I am the God of Abraham, the God of Issac and the God of Jacob.... now it's time for us to know who we descended from.
Wrong is wrong and any country not complying with the United Nations should be under extreme scrutiny.
PERIOD!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Doesnt suprise me at all. Israel just seem to have this arrogance about them as a country. They seem to think that they can do what they like when they like have to worry about what anyone thinks. I think the USA should stop funding them altogether then see how powerful Israel really are...

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Israel runs the USA, plain and simple.
Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.
They are the policy makers and their global mandate is the drum beat that the US marches to.

That's the way I see it!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The Merovingian, after seen the list of the campaing money donated to our members of both parties by
Pro-Israel PAC Contributions to 2000 Congressional Candidates
1999-2000 Cycle

TOTAL for 1999-2000 Election Cycle $2,044,606
TOTAL 1978-2000 Funds to Congressional Candidates $34,607,182
TOTAL No. of Recipient Candidates, 1978-2000 1,732

Related figures:
Total US aid to Israel since 1948:
According to the US government: $82 Billion
According to WRMEA's calculations: $94 Billion

I have to agree with you.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How could Israel possibly run America? Seriously. A nation that small and requiring that much support, controlling America?
I think we're playing dumb- Israel is a convenient patsy. If Israel hadn't embarrassed Nasser and his supporters, pan arabism very well may have achieved its goals, and we'd be facing a nuclear-armed Arab power controlling most of the world's oil. Israel bombed Saddam's reactor when nobody else found it acceptable. Israel maintains a military presence in the middle East that America could never justify.
The Egyptians and Syrians know that they are Israel's personal property whenever Israel says so, and it's been proven 4 or 5 times now. (EDIT: this is beneficial to America, which is frequently at odds with arab and islamic nations and can't afford to keep them in check alone).

America may very well control Israel. Why do we care if the settlements are there? The fact that we pay lip service against the settlements buys us some much needed positive attention while we're keeping a huge force in Iraq and talking tough to Iran.

That being said, there is a lot of pro-Israeli feeling in the typical Christian yokel, especially if they aren't too well versed in world politics. In boot camp I remember a discussion among about a dozen recruits (our of a pool of only 70) where the general consensus was that if the UN ever took action agianst Israel, those Marines would go to serve as mercinaries if America failed to defend Israel. Kinda scarry with 12 of 70 US Marines in a random sample would leave to serve another nation.

As for devine favor...
1. The current Israeli government is actually secular. There has not been a religious ruler in Israel at any point since 1948, according to my reading.
2. The Old Testament is pretty clear that Israel is never to bargain with, live with, make peace with, nor surrender to the canaanites from whom the palestinians are descended. So this Israel isn't keeping the covenant anyway.
3. These Israelis are in large part Ukranian Khazar converts, not true hebrews, as far as blood is concerned.
4. The usefulness of Israel was in large part over when Christ came, as far as the Christian perspective on the conflict is concerned.
5. Israel doesn't really exist until the apocalypse comes. Israel is restored, rebuilds the temple, is attacked from the East (the euphrates dries up to make way for the armies of the east to do battle with the Lord) and then blood runs to the height of a horse's bridle on the plain of Meggido. Therefore, this isn't really God's Israel.
6. The parable of the fig tree is often taken to represent a false Israel, (Israel is symbolized by an olive tree). Therefore one could argue that a false israel is prophecied for Christianity.

From a secular point of view, that doesn't matter of course, because the definition of nations and citizenship by racial and religious standards is archaic and generally frowned upon. It's still in practice for most of the world, but we all know it's wrong. The existence of Israel is not the issue here. The mutual freedom of Jews and Palestinians is, and in that case the nation really makes little difference. If you follow this to its conclusion, nations in general are meaningless, which i do believe. The problem is that I'm getting a little utopian... it's a nice idea but the world isn't ready for it.
So, we have an impasse, and this means war. So... why not let them all kill eachother and see who wants it most? Maybe they'll get so sick of it that they'll evolve and be ready to coexist.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Your comment on this is great!
Even though I was a bit shocked to hear what the Marines would do.
Maybe because there are a few things that our Military knows about that isn't savvy to the public? Like how many nukes that country is sitting on....? Who knows!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well The Vagabond, I guess running the US is a littler bit exaggerated, I should say influence on from Israel is more like it, and for the historical facts about Israel I have to agree with some but the bible connotations I pass on that one I am not believer of myth just historical facts.

Israel inluences on US,

Laurence Cohen, a columnist for the Hartford Courant, rejected criticism of key Iraq hawks Richard Perle, Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz and others, claiming, "It took about four seconds for this clustering to stir anti-Semitic rumblings to the effect that these crafty, secretive Jews had come together in the Rose Garden to chant special prayers that transformed George W. Bush, Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld into anti-Iraqi warriors, prepared to sacrifice American lives in a subtle defense of Israel." (13 April 2003) Such claims were echoed by many pro-Israeli figures, such as Rabbi Marvin Hier, the director of the Simon Wiesenthal Center who claimed, "It has now become en vogue to blame the war on Iraq on Jews." (Washington Post, 15 March 2003)

www.countercurrents.org...

perhaps if Israel didn't have such a loud voice in America's political process,
sidelining politicians who show even an iota of sympathy for the Palestinians; perhaps if Israel weren't in the process of bulldozing Palestinian homes and confiscating Palestinian land and building apartheid walls -- well, perhaps then the threat of anti-Semitism would not be rearing its ugly head.

www.al-awda.org...

"Through its influence on some (foreign policy) centres in the US, Israel is putting US policy on a road opposed to justice, right and peace in the Middle East," Jean Obeid told reporters in the Lebanese capital.

www.jang.com.pk...

It is sad to say that US does have influence from Israel on our policy making in regard with other countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why is it so sad? When the UK calls us up and tries to get us to modify our policies regarding some other nation, is that seen as "British complicity in controlling the US government"? NO. Or when Japan's foreign minister tries to influence Colin Powell on our position with North Korea, is that "Japanese meddling in American foreign affairs"? NO. Or when France tries to persuade our administration that our foreign policy is misdirected, is that "French attempts and controlling US interests"? NO

The fact is that our Allies tries to influence our foreign policy all the time, with varying amounts of success. Israel is not the only one. And we don't always listen. The fact that some people get worked up about Israeli influence can be directly or indirectly attributed to one thing......care to guess?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Pyros,

That what make politics"politics" but it also have a tendency to make it also "bias politics" and "dirty Politics" and candidates and politicians will go for the highest bidder.

did I forgot "nasty and naughty politics"

top topics

join