It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coldest December For UK Since Records Began...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And records began in 1910. WOW!

Coldest December since records began as temperatures plummet to minus 10C bringing travel chaos across Britain

Swathes of Britain skidded to a halt today as the big freeze returned - grounding flights, closing rail links and leaving traffic at a standstill.

And tonight the nation was braced for another 10in of snow and yet more sub-zero temperatures - with no let-up in the bitterly cold weather for at least a month, forecasters have warned.

The Arctic conditions are set to last through the Christmas and New Year bank holidays and beyond and as temperatures plummeted to -10c (14f) the Met Office said this December was ‘almost certain’ to become the coldest since records began in 1910.

Oh, I'm sure the manmade global warming / global climate change / new ice age people will latch onto this and 'predict' one of their impending manmade disasters, probably injecting some HAARP folly in with it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why does everything have to be politicized? This is just freaking weather.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Pfff....says a lot about those records.

Try looking for some British artwork depicting winter scenes made between 1550 and 1850....and those guys didn't have central heating or thermal underwear.

Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
its starting to feel like a competition in here to see who is going to be the first to prove the lastest doomsday scenario, it's like they want it to be the end. canada,alaska probably get this type of weather all the time if not worse i dont hear them calling ice age every 5 mins.

that last cold snap a week or 2 ago felt alot worse than this one.
edit on 18-12-2010 by truthseeker10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What I enjoy about this is they consider 14F bitterly cold! Wait 'til it gets cold, then we'll see what they really think!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Its sensationalism.

Its been that cold in britain that the Thames froze over to a depth of several feet and people built a market on it, Its just not been that way for a long time.

If it starts happening regularly we will adapt. Until then we'll just moan and carry on. Its the british way :-)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Here, here, and just think of all that 'orrible Ikea clap-trap that could be burnt to keep us warm if the grid can't cope with the cold...actually why wait for that?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You know what's crazy? You guys got a load more snow last year compared to us here in Toronto, Canada. And now you are getting pounded again? We were HIT in 2008, but from the photos I have seen... You guys are getting whacked way beyond that!

I don't have the answers. It was biyaatch cold here this week - for e.g. -7 Deg C High, and way below in the morning. However, Canada (country wide) has taken a beating!

Just look at the snowfall that caused a "state of emergency" in Sarnia!

www.theobserver.ca...

and the rain in Quebec!

www.ctv.ca...

There's a lot more flooding, I just can't remember the area / province

edit on 18-12-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well, actually the midwest has been pounded by snow, wind, and cold. Us here in Colorado have had an extremely uneventful winter so far, with only minimal amounts of snow on the eastern plains and temperatures in the 60's. But the mountains are really happy with the snow they've received.

new topics

top topics

join