It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Female police officer brutally beats woman. Criminal suit against officer claims strip searc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sorry but it won't let me embed the video, mods please help? Any members can feel free to post the video if they know how.

youtube.com

Here is a ctv.ca source.

The Canadian Press Date: Sat. Dec. 18 2010 8:21 AM ET — A 27-year-old Ottawa woman shown being kneed and having her top cut off in an Ottawa police cellblock video is suing police. Stacy Bonds names the Ottawa Police Service, Chief Vern White and several officers as defendants in her suit, launched Friday in Toronto. In her statement of claim, Bonds alleges some or all of the defendants infringed her Charter rights and led to her being negligently and maliciously prosecuted. Bonds is seeking $1.2 million in damages and the destruction of all records concerning the 2008 incident that is the subject of her claim. After seeing the cellblock video, Justice Richard Lajoie stayed charges of public intoxication and assault against Bonds and criticized police conduct. Statements of claim contain allegations that have not been proven in court. Lajoie said he was "appalled" that Bonds was strip searched in the presence of male officers, calling the incident an "indignity." The statement of claim says while Bonds was being "held securely" by two male officers, Special Const. Melanie Morris "brutally assaulted and battered" her. "Morris administered two shattering blows to the plaintiff's kidney area with her knee, with intent to cause excruciating pain," the statement alleges. After that, "Morris conducted a highly intrusive, unnecessary and unlawful search" and when Bonds objected, Morris "struck the plaintiff's head with a closed fist," the claim says. Bonds says she was then pinned to the floor with a riot shield and her top and bra were cut off. Bonds, who had soiled herself during the incident, says she was then "frog-marched" to a cell and confined, naked from the waist up, for more than three hours. Bonds claims that "emotional and physical trauma," suffered during the incident have left her unable to sleep and "fearful of police." Morris has been reassigned to desk duties pending an investigation. The defendants have 20 days to respond with a statement of defence.

These renegade cops should know by now. I can think of many incidents here in Canada alone recently that these brutal thugs get busted by their own cameras abusing their power.

Like my similar thread I made on the same subject, I must clarify that I appreciate and respect our police officers. It is the very few such as this one that give the good ones a bad name.

The female officer is "on desk duty" pending investigation. She smashed this lady's face into a counter then strip searched her in front of male officers. I am sure she was drunk and being a trouble maker, but she still didn't deserve what she got.

We have laws to follow, so do the police, sadly sometimes they seem immune to the consequences of their actions.

Here is another thread I made about a beating in Washington state that happened a couple years ago. This time it is a male officer kicking and punching a teenage girl.

abovetopsecret.com

edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: can't get to show in OP

edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: video

edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: title

edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: In future FYI just copypasta everything AFTER the v= bit in the youtube web address into the ats youtube vid text field when it asks for it. I hope that helps!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you for the information OmegaLogos

I never knew it was so easy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The lady is fighting the cops...... Probally a drunken idiot being a smart ass...

I also don't see where they strip search her while men watch.....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rather misleading....the thread title and the video title.

Innocent? Really?
And please....where is the "strip search". There is absolutely NO strip search conducted on that video.
The woman was not cooperating with police.....I see no brutallity. I see cops trying to restrain a woman who refused to cooperate. Maybe she was strung out on drugs or alcohol! People are very uncooperative and hard to control when in that state. I really see no law being broken here....however, I do not know Canadian laws.

Obviously two sides to the story....but the video does not do a good job in defense of the defendent.

Statements of claim contain allegations that have not been proven in court

edit on December 18th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

It says in the ctv.ca article that the video shows her top being cut off, which is illegal to do in front of male officers. CTV can be a load of bull crap most of the time, but this video does not lie. I am guessing that it was edited to be suitable for TV and Youtube. It has been in the news so I imagine that the whole video would not be suitable to all audiences.

Let's hope that proper justice is served with a fair non biased investigation. You make a good point about the video not showing it, but regardless of your opinion she did not deserve what she got. Who knows maybe she is lying ( I highly doubt that because of the video).

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ever since this footage came out weeks ago, the Ottawa newspapers have been filled with reports and stories of police brutality. There was even a sob story about what the poor blond officer has had to endure since everyone found out she's a goon.

I even heard them joking on the radio to be careful about impaired driving. They said not only can you lose you license and have you vehicle impounded, but you'll also be taken to jail and beaten.
edit on 18-12-2010 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I adjusted the title. There is video footage of her top getting cut off. The judged even pointed it out. And yes the laws in Canada are very strict about different gender strip searches.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If she was that out of control they could have tazzed her instead of beating her regardless of the circumstances. That would have given them enough time to restrain her! It was not necessary to hid her head on the counter - strange all those cops couldn't control a small woman. Cops make me sick when they do stuff like this!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well if you got a video of her getting stripped search you can u2u me the link..

Until then i'm not believing this horse dung!!!

Don't resist when your already in trouble at the jail!!!!!!

edit on 18-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Since when is kneeking someone an approved police restraint method? That's an attack to cause pain and injuries. Not ment for restraining anything.
Also in the vid the blond female cop acts injured. It's a crap quality video in itself but since the suspect was restrained I can only think that she must've missed with one knee and hit the counter.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well, In Canada we have this condition called "Equal Force".

In The States it is very much legal in many states to kill someone for just stepping on your property without your consent. In Canada, if someone is a known burglar standing in your house wearing a pair of brass knuckles, the most damage you could do to him legally is the equal amount of force that he could deal to you with his brass knuckles. Stabbing him would be illegal. Kicking him in the face with steel toed shoes would be illegal. If you were to disarm him of the brass knuckles, you would have unequal force since the brass knuckles are now in your possession; retaliating after the perp is disarmed is a criminal offense.

Now, was this woman trying to assert equal or more force than this officer kneeing her in the ribs? Absolutely not. What this officer did was not anywhere near a civil means of restraint that could be exercised by our own citizens in our own homes, why should professionals that are trained to deal with these instances get to act like this? They shouldn't. Plain and simple.

This officer's employment should be terminated. She clearly does not know how to act professionally within the boundaries of the law in the country that she claims to be protecting the boundaries of the law in. I retract my permission for my tax dollars to pay this Non-Canadian's paycheck in this country that has standards to prevent overly vindictive retaliation.
edit on 23-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join