It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberconspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I just wanted to point this out. It may be an example of an actual conspiracy, or just one of the many stupid things government researchers do that make people believe crazy conspiracy theories in the first place. Cyberbullying is considered a cybercrime, okay. Right up there with cyberterrorism, software piracy, and drug trafficking. Seriously? If I'm bored and decide to log on to my school's network for some good old-fashioned bullying I could be arrested? But I'm just having fun, I'm just being young, cut me some slack.
What about all the real-world bullies out there? What happens to them? They end up working for major corporations and making buku bucks, that's what. No way to find out the truth about how they socially interact with people, is there? No records of their conversations with others, are there? This asymmetry in the treatment of real-world bullies vs. cyberbullies is absolutely ridiculous!!!
Are you wondering why this inequty exists? Are you wondering why that kid named Francis who experienced a massive growth spurt in elementary school and picked on you every day during fifth grade is now making millions of dollars, his past completely hidden and inaccessible? It's because real-world bullying creates natural leadership structures that the government can only dream about, while cyberbullying has no basis in reality. The only person who benefits from cyberbullying is the cyberbullly. Real-world bullying benefits the bully and society. Some corporations even hire bullies, known as goons, to take care of those who stand in the way of mergers. There are even organizations, i.e. the Mafia, based on bullying.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Since you started another thread on the exact same topic in another forum this one is closed.

Springer...

join