It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water fluoridation to begin in San Diego on December 22, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Water fluoridation to begin in San Diego on December 22, 2010

groksurf.com

The City of San Diego is scheduled to begin fluoridating drinking water beginning Dec. 22, 2010. All residents in the City of San Diego, as well as residents of the cities of Coronado, Del Mar and Imperial Beach will receive fluoridated water.

San Diego will supplement naturally‐occurring fluoride and imported fluoridated water in our drinking water to meet the standards established by the California Department of Public Health.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sandiego.gov
en.wikipedia.org
msds.chem.ox.ac.uk

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not sure how many of you reside in San Diego but I am opposed to water fluoridation nor have I seen any evidence that the form of fluoride thats added to our water is beneficial. I did call the water district and asked what form they will be adding to the water and they said its hexafluorosilicic acid. How is this form of Fluoride naturally occuring? If any you have read where this comes from you would be concerned too! Please contact the California American Water at 888-237-1333 or the city’s public utilities department at 619-515-3500 and express your concerns about fluoridation.

groksurf.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Look like we better start filling up our water jugs.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, Flourspar's natural... I wouldn't say that flourspar+sulfuric acid (hexaflourosilicic acid)is natural, though, so I'm not sure where they're coming from.

I miss having water from a private borehole, without all this government added (censored). Here in the UK, filling the sink with water smells like a public swimming pool these days. I almost thought that I'd used bleach instead of washing-up liquid, it was so strong.

Anyway, back on point, don't they tell us NOT to swallow flouride toothpaste because of the risk of flourosis? Surely putting it in the drinking water (which is generally swallowed) is going to increase flourosis? Besides which, group seven elements aren't generally good for your health in anything above a minute dosage.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
LOL, gotta keep infiltrating our bodies with their toxins one way or the other. If it's not fluoride, it's anti-psychotics and other garbage being dumped in the supply lines by the pharmaceutical industries.

Despite the fact that numerous studies have shown ZERO benefit from these forced 'fluoridation' protocols, they keep right on infiltrating our water supply with this crap.

There is something very unsettling about this, the more one digs...
edit on 18-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Read the MSDS for hexafluorosilicic acid.

Holy crap! As it degrades the byproducts are even WORSE!

The MSDS says not to drink it, not to get it on your skin, and not to breath mists from it (taking a shower).

Can't be dumped into a sewer....yet they dump it into our water?????

www.sciencelab.com...

NOT naturally occuring. It's a waste product from manufacturing.

This is one of the byproducts created as it breaks down:

en.wikipedia.org...

eats thru glass
edit on 18-12-2010 by Pervius because: we're being killed

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We just had it banned here in Ontario!

Crazy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I work in the medical research field and currently researching fluorides effect on the thyroid, and how fluoride disrupts your thyroids ability to make thyroid hormones. Im trying to find a few surgeons who do thyroidectomy and see if they can do a analysis of the thyroid tissue to see how much fluoride is present.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Do you always have to put "lol" in your posts? I mean come on...

Anyway, I am a heavy water drinker. I don't really drink anything else, besides the occasional glass of milk. This is disconcerting to say the least. I have noticed my water tastes a bit funky compared to distilled water, which my cousin drinks. When I drank my tap water, then drank the distilled water, the tap water tasted like metal. How I haven't noticed that before is beyond me.

Still, I have nothing else to drink. Bottled water is just glorified tap water, and I am skeptical about the revere-osmosis filters out there that sell for four easy payments of $24.95. It is just like electricity. You are forced to have one option and that is to pay the electrical company, doesn't matter which one they are all the same, or risk freezing to death in the winter. In this case you either drink this fluoridated water... or don't drink water. Eat processed food... or don't eat food.

What is next?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
Do you always have to put "lol" in your posts? I mean come on...

Aw, DD's just happy because he hasn't been loaded down with enough fluoride yet.

The government is trying its damnedest to have us all sedated before too long though, so you might not have to worry.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Not sure why you felt the need to take the stab at me, but whatever.

I put lol at many of my posts because I seriously AM laughing out loud at the unbelievable ridiculousness of what I see going on around me in a world gone mad.

Answer your question?

And this happens to be a subject that, to me, EPITOMIZES that insanity. And people's acceptance of it, without questioning is even more head-scratching to me.

edit on 18-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good luck. California is so "broke" yet it can afford to add fluoride to the water? Seems unreasonable. Where did the pressure come to start doing this?

If I lived in the area I would make phone calls and create petitions. Use facebook, it's powerful in that regard. I live in a small town that fluoridates the water, and people I've spoken with who live here, a fair percentage of them are aware of the negative effects of fluoride yet they don't do anything about it. Be the one who creates the outlet for change, create a petition, use social networking, write a letter, make phone calls, do SOMETHING. anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Flouride is good. It helps you accept things the way they are.

Seriously though I've been drinking a lot of tap water lately which has flouride in it and it helped my anxiety.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
...but I am opposed to water fluoridation nor have I seen any evidence that the form of fluoride thats added to our water is beneficial.

There is plenty of published and reviewed research available if you were to look. Fluoridation of water improves oral health.

Fluoridation is not a government plot to brainwash the population or some other wild conspiracy. It's all about decent teeth. The population of San Diego will benefit - better teeth and fewer visits to expensive dentists.

Regards

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
When I drank my tap water, then drank the distilled water, the tap water tasted like metal. How I haven't noticed that before is beyond me.

Funny how that happens. A friend of mine has started buying spring water for his family and now his kids suddenly don't like the tap water that they drank for years.

Another thing to remember is to occasionally empty your kettle - don't just keep topping it up. The stuff they put in our water is deemed to be in "safe levels" but over time, the levels in a kettle will increase due to the evaporation of water.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by Alchemst7

It's all about decent teeth. The population of San Diego will benefit - better teeth and fewer visits to expensive dentists.

I was fluoridated my whole life (tooth paste,fluoride treatment, and fluoridated water in Las Vegas) and have the worst teeth ever. I brush 2 times daily and floss daily, dental exams 2-3 times a year. I know many people with similar conditions. Also proven here in Del Mar, horses that race at the track that drink fluoridated water verses horses that don't drink fluoridated water have brittle bone and have been put to death because of bone breaking easier. How much fluoride is too much. Is dental hygeine not enough? are you saying that I no longer have to brush my teeth with fluoride tooth paste now that its in my drinking water?
edit on 18-12-2010 by Alchemst7 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

No, I am not saying that if you live in an area where there is fluoridation you will end up with perfect teeth and never need to take care again. What I did say is that there is plenty of proper research in the public domain which demonstrates that fluoridation of the water supply leads to a population having better oral health. That’s the correlation.

Note the words “proper research”. By that I mean scientifically approached, peer reviewed and published. Not some opinionated rant on YouTube or some blog written by a self proclaimed expert or paranoid nut-job who thinks the Authority is messing with his brain.

Regards

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

In the early part of the twentieth century, a "peer review" of the country's leading scientists published an article in a major newspaper - I believe it was the New York Times, but I may be mistaken. The subject of said article was that manned flight was an impossibility and that if it was possible, they would have done it. They also urged people not to listen to 'spurious" claims of manned flight taking place. had YouTube existed, they would have taken it to task as well. Problem is, the very day this article was published, those pesky Wright brothers were giving rides in their fully functional aircraft to the general public.

The point is, just because mainstream "science" says something, does not necessarily make it true. Remember, at various points they have told us that DDT was safe, smoking aids digestion and masturbation leads to mental illness. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just wanted to bump it out there again that today we can poor a glass of water and make a toast good by to our health! CHEERS

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yes because the gov't of California is INTENTIONALLY making their residents sick so they can increase the lines at local hospitals...

LOL.

top topics

join