Below are some of the worst attacks since President Felipe Calderon took office in December 2006 and declared war on powerful drug cartels. More than
30,000 people have been killed in drug-related violence since then.
* Sept 15, 2008 - Suspected members of the Zetas drug gang tossed grenades into a crowd celebrating Mexico's independence day in the western city of
Morelia, killing eight people and wounding more than 100.
* Jan 31, 2010 - Suspected cartel hitmen killed 13 high school students and two adults at a party in Ciudad Juarez across from El Paso, Texas.
* March 13 - Hitmen killed three people linked to the U.S. consulate in Ciudad Juarez in March, provoking "outrage" from U.S. President Barack
* March 28 - Gunmen in northwestern Durango state killed 10 people, as young as 8 years old, after the pick-up truck they were traveling in sped
through a roadblock on a highway in the drug-producing "Golden Triangle" region.
* June 7 - Police pulled 55 bodies out of a mine in the colonial town of Taxco near Mexico City over several days. Some bodies were in advanced states
* June 11 - Two dozen heavily armed gunmen burst into a drug rehabilitation clinic in the northern city of Chihuahua and killed 19 addicts, ranging in
age from 18 to 25.
* June 28 - Suspected cartel hitmen shot and killed a popular gubernatorial candidate in the northern state of Tamaulipas in the worst cartel attack
on a politician to date. Rodolfo Torre, 46, and four aides from the opposition Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, were ambushed on their way
to a campaign event for the July 4 state election.
* July 15 - A 22-pound (10-kg) car bomb killed four people in Ciudad Juarez in a blast detonated by cell phone, the first such attack since Calderon
* July 18 - Gunmen burst into a birthday party in the northern city of Torreon, using automatic weapons to kill 17 party-goers and wound 18 others.
Mexican authorities later said those responsible were incarcerated cartel hitmen let out of jail by corrupt officials. The killers allegedly borrowed
weapons and vehicles from prison guards and later returned to their cells.
* July 24 - Police unearthed 51 bodies in a grave outside Mexico's business capital Monterrey in northern Mexico over several days. Some corpses were
burned beyond recognition.
* Aug 18 - The body of the mayor of Santiago, a colonial tourist town near Monterrey, was dumped on a rural road, two days after he was taken from his
home. Calderon condemned the killing of Edelmiro Cavazos, the latest attack on public officials in the drug war.
* Aug 25 - Marines found 58 men and 14 women at a ranch near the Gulf of Mexico in Tamaulipas state, some 90 miles from the Texas border, after a
firefight with drug hitmen in which three gunmen and a marine died.
* Oct 22 - Suspected drug hitmen killed 14 people, mainly teenagers, at a birthday party in Ciudad Juarez.
* Oct 24 - In Tijuana across the border from San Diego, California, hitmen shot and killed 14 people at a drug rehab clinic, the most violent attack
this year in a city that appeared to be enjoying an improvement in security.
* Oct 27 - Gunmen opened fire on staff and customers in a car wash on the outskirts of the city of Tepic in Nayarit state in western Mexico, killing
15 people working there.
If I missed one of your fav's please feel free to add to this ever growing list