It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Do Christians, Muslims, and Jews worship the same God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I totally don't understand...

Over 95% of the humans on this planet believe in God, does the small group of atheistic-satanist seriously believe that the rest of us suffer from some kind of delusion ?

Education is the Key !

edit on 12/20/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Love and Unity with all. . .
Where do you think that comes from?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
First off, I'd just like to point out a clarification of the muslim view of things that has been wrongly stated at least twice in this thread. I guess it would also be helpful, because it would be my assumption that Islam would be the most underrepresented in this thread, seeing as fewer muslims would be here.

Muslims DON'T believe that Abraham's covenant was fulfilled ONLY through Ishmael, because he was the elder. I've heard this stated by christians as an "alternate", a reason why Palestinians lay claim to their land, but it is not true.

What muslims believe is the same as the covenant in Gen 17:1-14 the promise that God made to Abraham and his seed. The difference is that muslims believe the covenant was made with ALL of Abraham's seed, and not just Isaac (this is where they differ from Jews and Christians, I guess). This is why Ishmael was also circumcised, and muslims also practice circumcision.

And as far as muslims go, yes, it is an article of their faith that they're worshipping the same God as the Jews and the Christians.

Also, yeah, muslims believe in Jesus, that he was the Prophesied Messiah, and that he will return before the Day of Judgement, but he was just human. Muhammad was also a messenger, also just human, like those before him. There is no talk of less important or more important. However, the Quran states that some prophets (giving an example of Jesus) were given greater gifts or powers than others.

edit on 21-12-2010 by babloyi because: Added quotes for reference

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

babloyi,

The Muslims flunk out though because their Jesus is not God and if one don't believe that, Jesus himself said, "I Am He"--

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

They didn't realize who He was.
Many Christians don't realize that also.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

. . .an article of their faith that they're worshipping the same God as. . .

They profess to know God but with their deeds they deny him. . .Titus1:16

Saying it does not make it so.
The Jews claimed God but Jesus said, "Who you think you worship. . .".
edit on 21-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Earlier in the thread when I said;

Originally posted by Sahabi
Jews and Muslims worship the same god.
Muslims and Jews worship One God.

Christians worship a different god than Jews and Muslims...
Christians worship Jesus as God or son of god and a 3-part Trinity god.
Jews and Muslims do not worship a god in flesh, or a multi-part god.
If Christians worship only the "Father" then they would worship the same god as Jews and Muslims.
Jesus/Son and Holy Ghost are only worshipped by Christians.

I was talking literally based on scripture, belief, and doctrine.

However, according to my honest understanding, all three religions are worshipping the same God.
I first worshipped God as a Trinitarian believing Baptist Christian. I loved Him and trusted in Him. Jesus was in my heart and soul as my Lord and Savior.
I later became Muslim through the Guidance of the God I met as a Christian. I had a strong, personal relationship with God as a Christian, I know He led me to Islam. He was the same God. I felt it in my heart.
I understand and believe that all religion and all philosophy are worshipping or seeking the same God, Energy, and Understanding. Simple as that.
Love is Love... Brotherhood is Brotherhood... Kindness is Kindness... no matter what religion, or philosophy, or teacher says so.
Every God, every statue, every idol, every creator, and every belief are nothing more than different masks on the same face.
Separation, Fear, Hate, War... these are the beliefs of man, not God.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That's not worship. Just a fuzzy feeling. How is that worship?
And what does that even mean, that the three faiths worship the same god,
then you say everything is a god, so how does the three faiths even have
any significance whatsoever? If it's just as good worshiping a rock or a flame
shooting up from your fire. Why all the trouble making up a whole religion?
What's the use? If everything is everything, then everything is nothing.
You have a religion and it says, do this exactly this way.
Then another religion that says, do this exactly this way.
Then another. They are all being very specific about who this god is and
how to go about recognizing Him, so they are all wrong because the guy
worshiping the rock is right. He says, no, this is god over here and light
a fire in this direction from the rock and dance just like this. That is what
my god says. The Jew and the Christian and the Muslim will tell the guy,
No thanks because I do not think your rock is god.
Well, none of the other guy's are god to the other, whether it is a rock, or not.
edit on 21-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Genesis 1:26-27
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil...

Qur'an 15:28-29
And when thy Lord said to the angels: I am going to create a mortal of sounding clay, of black mud fashioned into shape.

So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down making obeisance to him.

Qur'an 32:7-9
Who made beautiful everything that He created, and He began the creation of man from dust.

Then He made his progeny of an extract, of worthless water.

Then He made him complete and breathed into him of His spirit, and gave you ears and eyes and hearts; little it is that you give thanks!

Qur'an 38:71-72
When thy Lord said to the angels: Surely I am going to create a mortal from dust.

So when I have made him complete and breathed into him of My spirit, fall down submitting to him.

As referenced above, each and every human is made in the image of God.
We are infused with the Divine Spark of God.
He breathed into us life.
He gave to us from His Spirit.
We know good and evil.

We are born in original sin (Christians) or are created with the Free Will choice and potential to sin (Muslims). You think we are created only with sin, and corruption, and evil? We know good and evil. We have in our instincts, in our creation the ability to know both good and evil. Every human can differentiate good and evil, it is the curse and gift of eating the fruit.

The disciplined Samurai... the humble Asian farmer... the pious Tibetan Buddhists... the medicine men, shaman, and balance of the Americas... the peaceful aborigines of Australia... the African bushmen...

The whole world was sinful, corrupt, and ignorant for millennia? The whole entire world was left in this state except Abraham's progeny in the Hebrew and Arab people? Only the Jews, Christians, and Muslims in one part of the world know what good is and had to spread it by the word of men to the rest of the ignorant world?

Christian and Muslim friends, please don't forget we have knowledge of good, not only evil. We are all formed from God, of His Breath, of His Spirit. Just as real as sin is, so to is knowledge of good and evil. All of your fellow humans around the world know what righteousness and upright morality is. Love is Love... Peace is Peace... Righteousness is Righteousness... regardless of the book that says so. God and Allah said we know good and evil, it's in our creation.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

. . . entire world was left in this state except Abraham's progeny in the Hebrew and Arab people?
That's where the term, "Abrahamic religions" comes from, a person in distant history named Abraham.
Why would there be such a thing?
Was Abraham special?
I would have to think, yes. Don't you?
Do you think every person who one day sits down and thinks about god is Abraham's equivalent?
Ever heard God say, "I am the God of Abraham?"
Do you think he just said that because maybe the Hebrews would recognize the name?
You don't think that God looked at Abraham as being special?
Maybe you should go talk to some of your Arab friends
and ask them if they think Abraham is somehow special.
I already said, that before the New Testament, there was one
person who is spoken of as believing in God.
Everyone else, apparently does not know who God is, unless
you were to include Jesus. That changes everything but he still
is not the same as Abraham because he knew God by being god himself
so it did not take faith for Jesus to believe in God.
But, on the other hand, if we accept Jesus as God, then we can all be very special
and join Abraham in the afterlife, in the bosom of Abraham, a name not given
for no good reason.

edit on 22-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lipstainedred

I've notified the management that all your posts are spamming this video. Now let's see what they think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join