It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Do Christians, Muslims, and Jews worship the same God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

agreed bfft... I like many do not have a problem with most people, except Atheistic Kafirs, they cause so many problems in the world.

Wonder why they hate us ?

I have the answer...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Believers in Christ believe in the Same one God as the Jews.

but do not believe anything that Islam claims

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Atheistic kafirs?
So no one in history has ever murdered in the name of religion?
Religion doesn't cause disunity amongst mankind?
I see religion saying to kill non-believers and to condemn non-believers to hell.
I see religion saying to separate people into groups; Believers and non-believers.
But it's the non-believers causing all the problems?
Assalaamu alaikum akhi.
But you will probably respond "wa alaikum" instead "wa alaikum salaam."

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Atheistic kafirs?

yes, those who will not leave anyone alone if they do not believe as they do, Hollywood id full of them and they push their doctrine thru different types of medias.

So no one in history has ever murdered in the name of religion?

I wouldn't know I have only been alive 3.5 decades, but I have a tendency to know where you are/have got your info from... (see above description)

Religion doesn't cause disunity amongst mankind?

No... actually quite the opposite.

I see religion saying to kill non-believers

you may need to seek someone to talk to about this, because that is not a good sign.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
but do not believe anything that Islam claims

is this response missing a they, as in... (but they do not) ?

Muslim people are just fine in my opinion, the problems come from the ones who are in control and the ones who misuse Islam for their benefit and to keep the populace subdued, imo this is the problem... I can not hate a whole group of people because of the ones who abuse the word. Islam was indeed a response to what pre-Islamic societies were experiencing at the time it was introduced and may have worked well to control the type of lawlessness they were experiencing at the time.

I know plenty of Islamic people and they themselves (the ones who have not been brainwashed) are a good people, I have 2 Muslims in my family, my Uncle of 30yrs is from Pakistan and my cousin has married an Egyptian woman in a mosque and in the church, (two weddings) they have two children now. I have dated myself, and even in some instance more than one of many religions (Muslim.x2/Hindu/Coptic.x2/Sikh/Jewish) I have found that nothing can divide humans who have love in their hearts... but I have also found that there are only those who seek to divide us.

edit on 12/19/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Believers in Christ believe in the Same one God as the Jews.
Abraham believed.
Other than him, it looks like the only other believers were the
Ninevites who believed in God and repented after being
warned by Jonah of impending disaster.
So I think it was only Abraham who believed in God without
having to be threatened in one way or another.
Christians believe in Jesus.
Jesus is god by being in God and God being in Jesus.
Those who believe in Jesus believe in God.
Anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Son of God
do not believe in the same God.
There seems to be only one belief that is real that is available
and that is through a spiritual blessing from God which gives
us that ability. Non-Christians may intellectually acknowledge
the existence of God, but so do the demons.
That is not the kind of belief that brings eternal life.

edit on 19-12-2010 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snickersman

Originally posted by freedish
reply to post by thewholepicture

Jews and Christians worship the same God. Although Jews don't seem to believe that Jesus was God.

Muslims are way off base. I truly think that's a doctrine of devils.

Here's the problem with Judaism.

You can never be good enough for God. You can never follow the law well enough and get into Heaven.
Everyone falls short of the glory of God. It's so simple- that's why we NEED a saviour, Jesus!

I'm not too sure about Islam- but unless it teaches that we can't get to Heaven by our own deeds, an that Jesus is the son of God, it is wrong. Sorry if that seems closed minded.

You're quick to say humans can't do this and can't do that. While you bring up the savior concept very quickly. You do know Jews are not looking for a savior? Jews don't even believe in the Original Sin doctrine.
We believe in Free Will and the forgiveness through prayer.
Three Articles on Original Sin debate
I do respect your views. But everything you bring up to me is totally different how I view G-d, his laws and what he has promised for everyone.

Most Jews I've talking to are still waiting for the messiah who was supposed to be born in Bethlehem from a virgin...(Somewhere in Malachi-you do believe the old testament don't you?)

Of course God forgives sin, but the wages for sin are death. Do you still make animal sacrifices for your sins? God will forgive you but there must be punishment for all sin. We chose to ourselves instead of God in the Garden (again do you not believe in the O.T.? Or do you only take certain verses out of it?).
I really feel horrible for you friend. I respect your beliefs but it must be difficult living under the law. Wouldn't you rather be under Grace? Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice. There are no more needed. We don't need the law when we have the Holy Spirit. Sorry i'm kinda rambling now. I hope we can understand each others beliefs better

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
*double post*
edit on 19-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKnightE

Originally posted by Subhuti
I think Judaism and Islam are closer in theology than Christianity is to either of them. In Judaism and Islam they believe in One God who is able to forgive sins alone. In Christianity God is Three (the Trinity) and God had to come down in the form of a man to die so he could forgive sins. In that sense no Christianity and Islam don't worship the same god.

Judaism and Islam reject all forms of polytheism including that of God in there persons. They are purely monotheistic.

According to (my)God, there ARE multiple gods, just none greater than him. If we were made in his image, then call us by our name, A quote from Erykah Badu. Even Jesus said we are Gods, but none greater than the father. The KJV of the bible in opion does not fully explain what it was Jesus came here to do. He came to do more than just die for our sins, but to instruct us in how to become like God which is all loving.

can you show me where Jesus said that...?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I think Judaism and Islam are closer in theology than Christianity is to either of them. In Judaism and Islam they believe in One God who is able to forgive sins alone. In Christianity God is Three (the Trinity) and God had to come down in the form of a man to die so he could forgive sins. In that sense no Christianity and Islam don't worship the same god.

Judaism and Islam reject all forms of polytheism including that of God in there persons. They are purely monotheistic.

Ah, but we should not discard the possibility, nay, the probability that the first Christians did not believe in the Trinity doctrine or that they were even aware of it. The fulfillment of some of the prophecies in the OT are but shadows of the real fulfillment which is in the NT. It could be that Christianity may have been purely monotheistic in its beginning and only started incorporating polytheism in its doctrines when the apostles died. There are numerous events in the OT where Israel was punished by God because they followed after false gods, committing idolatry and forgetting their duties to God which Moses gave them during his ministry.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There is only one God.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
An example of the Israelites' inability to remain in obedience was when Moses left them in their encampment to climb Mt. Sinai to receive God's commandments. The Israelites ordered Aaron to make a representation of God; a golden calf. Why? Because they wanted something that can be measured, something they can see with their physical eyes, something they can approach and touch when they want to. Human nature finds it hard to accept God as not having any form or image, it finds the concept too vague, so eventually it resorts to something that it can contain within the boundaries of its comprehension. Flesh responds to flesh, but the spirit recognizes the one who is Spirit.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Yes... Even though they are loathe to admit it...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Yes... Even though they are loathe to admit it...
I suppose this is directed to the question built
into the name of the thread.
That in your opinion, the answer is obvious but
for some reason people avoid saying it for some
ulterior motive?
What would that be? Maybe say that someone else
with a different religion wants to steal our freedoms,
so we invade them first and control the oil contracts?
It makes it so much easier when you believe they don't
have the same god?
I don't believe that people that much motivated by greed
believe in any kind of god but their own gain. They worship
money and power.
There are lots of alternatives to worshiping a real god, one
who truly is God and created and upholds the universe.
Hardly anyone does worship God as they should.
I think the worse god to worship is the god of ease and sloth
and complacency. Thinking things are tolerable the way they
are and why do anything? People like the things they have
and if it took having those things by being made by slaves,
then why complain? That's just the way life is and nothing
to be done about it, right?
There's a place for the worshipers of complacent complicity
after judgement, and no name calling of any supposed god
will stave off that punishment.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

If you want to talk about the media or Hollywood, go look to the financial heads of the industry. They are responsible, not any average group of ordinary people. We are talking "elites" here, not normal people.

I am an ex Protestant Baptist Christian, and an ex Sunni Salafi/Wahabi Islamic Fundamentalist. I get my information from the Bible, the Qur'an, and the Sahih Hadith.

And I still say religion causes disunity amongst mankind. It separates all humans into 2 groups; Believers and non-believers.

Are you in doubt about religious violence?
Look at the Hebrew Israelites... how they entered the Holy Land with bloodshed of the native people. How they are still practicing genocide and oppression today!
Look at the Christians... the Crusades.. the witch hunts/burnings... the Inquisitions...
Look at the Muslims.. jihad fisabillah.. woman's rights violations... honor killings...

Religion separates, not unifies. The only way religion unifies is if every single soul accepts the same religion without fight or threat or fear. But Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala doesn't encourage this.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The answer to the op in a nutshell is Jews and Christians do believe in the same God. Some Jews would never accept Jesus as God also same with some Christians and Muslims. The Messianic Jew though knows Jesus ( They know His name as Yeshua or similar ) is God as they know there is only one God and He would come as the Messiah. They know that only God could be the Messiah. They well know of Isa. 44:6 and understand it well. For the Christians and Muslims that don't find He was and is God I find to be a serious problem and it is their call so I leave it at that.

I would like to have a Messianic Jew state their view on this as I only in my limited know of them believe what I stated.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Muslims believe in Islam which is a fanciful metaphysical utopia.
Jews believe in Israel which is a communist secular utopia.
Not all Jews, and some like you say believe in a form of existence
brought about by God directly.
Christians believe in the God which already brought about a new
spiritual form of existence, namely Jesus who is inextricably
entangled with whatever we may think of a god as being, such that
to not believe in him is the same thing as not believing in God.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Hello.
You said Jews believe in a "communist secular utopia."
I believe that is description of Zionism, not Judaism.
I would say about Jews that they believe in an Earthly Religious Caste utopia.

You say not believing in Jesus is equal to not believing in god?
Religion separates, it does not unite. Believers vs non-believers.
Love and Unity with all of mankind and nature transcends any religion or doctrine.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by SirKnightE

According to (my)God, there ARE multiple gods, just none greater than him. If we were made in his image, then call us by our name, A quote from Erykah Badu. Even Jesus said we are Gods, but none greater than the father. The KJV of the bible in opion does not fully explain what it was Jesus came here to do. He came to do more than just die for our sins, but to instruct us in how to become like God which is all loving.

can you show me where Jesus said that...?

John 10

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are gods’e? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
And I still say religion causes disunity amongst mankind. It separates all humans into 2 groups; Believers and non-believers.

so everyone then should be non-believers "Kafir" living in sinful lust ?

are you out to save the world ?

I might add it has already been done...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join