It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Solstice, Lunar Eclipse Overlap First Time In 456 Years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezabelandthesea
reply to post by LeoVirgo

i am only a dabbler in astrology, but am very interested... correct me, please, if i am misinformed... my piscean friend who, i firmly believe, has access to the akashic records told me that this is when pisceans will no longer be able to inadvertently draw energy from the moon... i have felt a strong current of change as of late, being a piscean, i feel a strong need to become a lot more dependent on myself (spiritually and cognitively)... that's really all i had to say... for now.

This year (in astronomy-the true positions) you have Jupiter that has been going in and out of Pisces. Several times this year the 'order/ruler' has entered Pisces to then return to Aquarius. And it is now doing this again....for it will be on the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius on the 21st. But I disagree that anyone can no longer be able to draw energy on the moon. You will hear different things from different Astrologist....and its likely that not many would tell you Jupiter has been in Pisces this year. Astrology uses old positions....so I use Astronomy for the positions then add the Astrology thoughts to it.

Its likely that whatever 'sign' astrology has given you would be different then the sign I would tell you you are. Has Astrology said you are a Pisces? And note...I feel that we dont have to be a certain sign for effects of the energies. The Signs are like attributes, and we all have a little of each sign of us. Planets and moons positions are also important.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Great summary!

We use these same constellational works in Ind-Tibetan astrology. Called 'sidereal' (as per the stars or constellations) astrology in the West, it results in a different position for all of the usual planets.

I might add that Neptune is in Aquarius and Uranus is in Pisces, not far from Jupiter. This is a close coordination between the works of the true heart and communities and the future. In other words, it is no chance who you're getting together with these days.

Right now we have several planets in the sidereal sign of Sagittarius - Pluto, Mars, Sun, Mercury retrograde most importantly very close to one another - around the cusp of that lunar eclipse in the Indian constellation Mula, which means root - probably the ancients intuited that is where the Milky Way's center is.

Just curious...when you use sidereal...do you include signs like Ophiuchus for the Sun....and other signs like Cetus, Sextans, Orion, Bootes, Serpens, and Coma Berenices for the planets and moons positions?

I have found very few that use all the true positions and found sidereal to not use them all. For example, I found through astronomy that Venus was in Sextans at my birth but have yet to find an Astrologist that would tell me about this.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here is a nice image of where the moon will be at the lunar eclipse. Note as you see it over Orion...above the club/sword over Orion is the top border of Orion. The Moon will travel this cusp, actually being on the border of Orion for 3 days after the lunar eclipse, then it will enter Gemini. So as everyone looks for the moon...take note of Orion right below it.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Has anyone touched on the fact that this is on the 21'st? (As in 12-21-12?) Just seems strange to me...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironheadd
Has anyone touched on the fact that this is on the 21'st? (As in 12-21-12?) Just seems strange to me...

Well yes, its in the title that its on the winter solstice (21st).

As the Sun enters its phase of 'standing still' for 3 days and being reborn....the Moon will ride the cusp of Orion for 3 days as well after the lunar eclipse. This is a great alignment!

The Sun will be in the direction of the galactic center (Egyptians called this the gateway of the gods). The moon will be in the direction of the anti-galactic center (Egyptians called this the gateway of man).

I think this is the coolest alignment we will see in our life time.

Edit to add though..Some are calling this the real 12-21. But....it is still cool that the winter solstice in 2012 will be at 11:11 UT.

I see the next couple of years being a time of choice for many. I think its all a conscious thing, a opportunity to be aware and observant.
edit on 19-12-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Heres a link that may or may not interest you all but i think it will be.......eventful to say the least. Something is definately going on that those in the know dont want to share.
______beforeitsnews/story/317/169/Emergency_UN_Security_Meeting-Korea_Drills_during_Total_Lunar_Eclipse_on_Winter_Solstice.html

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
This is a great alignment!

We have the Sun sitting in the direction of the galactic center (from Earths perspective) and we have the Moon sitting at the 'antigalactic center' which is opposite of the Suns direction on the other side of the Earth.

The Sun sits just a few degrees into Sagittarius which is known as the 'gateway of the gods' since this is the direction towards our galactic center. While the moon sits on the other side of Earth in the direction between Taurus and Gemini...and THIS places the Moon on the cusp of Orion (right at the top of Orion's sword). This area between Taurus and Gemini (anti-galactic center) is known as the 'gateway of man'.

While the Sun enters its time that it seems to die and be reborn over 3 days time, the Moon will enter the cusp of Orion and ride this cusp for 3 days time.

We have the Gateway of man, the moon, the earth, the sun, and the gateway of the gods....all aligned nicely.

This is about choices and consciousness/awareness.

Jupiter...the ruler/king/order...will sit on a cusp of Pisces (our current age) and Aquarius (our coming age).

Saturn will be seen in Virgo...the comforter in the womb.

Venus can be found in Libra...the feminine energy bringing and securing balance.

Mars like all things is a dual attribute and sits in Sagittarius with the Sun. It can show a need to heal with this alignment.

The cosmos never force things onto us...but offer us opportunities for reflection, awareness, choices.

These positions I give are not based on modern day astrology but is based on where you can really find all the spheres if you look to the sky (astronomy).

It does not have to be a clear night in order to observe within you this alignment. If you are aware its there...you can find it within you just the same and feel it outside of you as well. We have what I call a inner compass to the energy of the cosmos....we are of them just as we are of all life and its cycles.
edit on 18-12-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

beautifully stated - thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
so what I dont think anything life or world changing will happen but for a laugh perhaps we will all get powers like in the now cancelled tv show heroes

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Interesting you look to his hand, Tyr being the Norse God of war, I would perhaps link some aspect of war to this stellar event. Now Tyr lost his hand by taking part in a ruse to tie up the Fenris wolf with the unbreakable golden thread. His payment for the trickery was to lose his hand, something that comes into play during Ragnarok and potentially plays into the direction this epic battle takes as the end of the Gods of the Aesir and Vanir...where the children of Thor (modi and Magni) and others take up the yoke of building the new heaven and earth. Perhaps that could be the forshadowing of this celestial event in regards Tuesday/Tyr? Is this celestial event a significator for the end of the old and in with the new age?

Great thread, and nice catch with Tyr and Tuesday. My wife and I along with our 6 week old will be celebrating this great solstice as a family.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
As beautiful as this celestial event will be visually the ramifications for us on earth is not that great. This alignment will signal the start of the prophesied red moon which heralds the arrival of the world avatar.

The mayan elders know too well of the significance of this event and have been helping mankind come to terms with it.

Physically many will die but we must remember that this world is only an illusion and that the spirit is what counts.
This is leading us up and into 2012 and many things will take place between now and then however this event is the event that begins the motion of the unfolding.

Keep your hats on and buckle up... its gonna get real bumpy!!
edit on 19-12-2010 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

Could you elaborate some more please. I am interested in what you have to say and what the Mayan Elders know about this event.

You say many will die, what do you mean by that in real terms.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Do not believe to false witnesses!

I think God is coming to save us from this world of suffering,some buddhist monks have said it i do not recall where did i read about it,i will search some more. xD

Peace to all,David

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I too noticed that the lunar eclipse and mid-winter solstice aligned this year. Last time that happened was in 1554 when an heir had to be found to the English throne. When it happened the king did see that problems could arise if he chose the wrong successor. An unlikely Lady Jane Grey ascended to the throne. Some days afterwards her opponents saw it fit to make Mary the queen of England. Mary was a devout catholic and wanted to bring the catholic faith back to England. Under her short name she ordered huge bloodsheds because of religion. Later she got the nickname "Bloody Mary". Luckily another quick succession happened so the fair queen Elizabeth could reign. Her reign was long and she was more pragmatic then fanatic when it came to religion. These were troubled times. There was a time when Europe was torn apart by the battle between protestants and catholics.

I hope this is not an omen.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As beautiful as this celestial event will be visually the ramifications for us on earth is not that great. This alignment will signal the start of the prophesied red moon which heralds the arrival of the world avatar.

Why this particular lunar eclipse, "red moon", over the others? Another total lunar eclipse will occur during the Winter Solstice in 2094; Why not that one?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Why this particular lunar eclipse, "red moon", over the others? Another total lunar eclipse will occur during the Winter Solstice in 2094; Why not that one?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Just periodical occurrence, Nothing to worry about

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Musically, both sides of coin:

TRANSLATION:

O Fortune, like the moon of ever changing state, you are always waxing or waning; hateful life now is brutal, now pampers our feelings with its game; poverty, power, it melts them like ice.
Fate, savage and empty, you are a turning wheel, your position is uncertain, your favour is idle and always likely to disappear; covered in shadows and veiled you bear upon me too; now my back is naked through the sport of your wickedness.
The chance of prosperity and of virtue is not now mine; whether willing or not, a man is always liable for Fortune's service. At this hour without delay touch the strings! Because through luck she lays low the brave, all join with me in lamentation!
----

OK and now a little something more serene: (my fav, btw)

Clair de lune: (Moonlight)

(at YT link read highest rated comment - Strange since that is EXACTLY how I always felt too regarding a song without lyrics. Spooky.)

GREAT THREAD! (Explains why I've been feeling so uppity / anxious)

Thanks

edit on 19-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: added content

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Very cool

I haven't seen a lunar eclipse in many years, this is a welcome treat for my eyes.
I highly doubt anything mystical, magical, or otherwise out of the ordinary will come of this, it's just a chance mash-up of event and date, one simply rarer than others. I don't think the universe would operate itself based on an Earth resident's view of the stars, let alone the Gregorian calendar. We're not that special

edit on 12/19/2010 by Nyiah because: Typo

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ooops

Wrong info

edit on 19-12-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
does anyone know what time in the uk this will happen at, or will we even be able to see it
2nd

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Check out this link here dude:

www.space.com...
edit on 19-12-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join