It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we fear ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So ....um .....a ... They died....And ....Um. a...they move the coffee cup every 2 years

So what bruh & bruhettes

The spirits were not powerful in "their" life , there is no need to fear them now.

Ghost = some cranky old person to stupid to move on.

Wake up my friend and lol @ these spirits

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
they scare me cuz what if one or two of them are banging on me right now for the lulzz and I can't see them ... creepy stuff man..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You know why we fear ghosts? Because we don't understand them.

I think a better question is why do dogs fear ghosts? Because they obviously know and perceive them better than we do.

I remember once when I was young and alone in my house with my dog during a blizzard. I heard something thundering up the inside stairs and it scared the sh*t out of me, and my dog would not budge nor would he take his eyes off of the top of the stairs. Funny thing was that I had to run downstairs to grab my boats to get out of the house

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"Ghost" really aren't dead people, the dead don't come back. When people say they experience a ghost of some past living person, what they truely experience is a demonic entity called a familiar. Familiars attached themselves to the living through out their life and literally become familiar with that person so much that when that person passes they imitate that person, they manifest themselves as if they were that person.

Atleast thats what "they" say

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Who fears ghosts?

I don't believe in them so do not fear them.
Rather like god. Two fictitious beings too scare little kids i suppose.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
So ....um .....a ... They died....And ....Um. a...they move the coffee cup every 2 years

So what bruh & bruhettes

The spirits were not powerful in "their" life , there is no need to fear them now.

The the energy or lifeforce that could be described as the "soul" is somthing that does not fade away to nothingness after the body dies. Infact it leaves a residual charge in the body long after death, its why hair and fingernails continue to grow on a body for months after it has died.

Depending on your beliefs, spiritual, religious or otherwise. The "soul" (i use the term loosly) Is not limited to one lifetime in one body. You may spend decades in the either before returing to another body. During this time you are free to do as you please. Mull over the knowledge that you have laerned in life, monitor friends and family that are still alive. Or you may just simply be waiting for the right time to enter a new body to experience somthing new.

Untill someone can truely figure out a way to communicate with thease entities there really isnt a simple answer as to why they do what they do. But i can hazard a personal guess. Most sprit or soul encounters tend to be of a peacefull nature. You see a loved one, hear thier voice, feel thier presence. Its Perfectly normal.

However there are encounters and experiences that are far from pleasent. Thease are obvuisly angry of vengeful entities that are obviously trying to make a very agressive point. Polterguiests, haunted houses etc.

Again it really does depend on your own personal belifes, but i think it would be a little foolish and a little ignorant to rule them out entierly. There is definatly somthing to it, but until we grow as a species and learn more about out conciousness we really cant be sure of anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

It's not demonic

Humans exist in three components: mind, body and soul. Ghosts are what is left over when the body dies and the other two existential characteristics stay behind. Some ghosts repeat themselves (memory), and some are lucid (soul). The lucid ones are sometimes incredibly aggressive and possibly demonic, but most ghosts aren't.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
the only thing scares me on ghosts is....they can watch you in your room...when you think you are alone....ehm..

you know what i mean^^ thats scary !

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k

So what bruh & bruhettes

The the energy or lifeforce that could be described as the "soul" is somthing that does not fade away to nothingness after the body dies. Infact it leaves a residual charge in the body long after death, its why hair and fingernails continue to grow on a body for months after it has died.

Actually, that's a myth - the hair and fingernails don't continue to grow after a person has died, the skin simply shrinks which gives the illusion that the hair and fingernails are longer.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
reply to post by SirKnightE

It's not demonic

Humans exist in three components: mind, body and soul. Ghosts are what is left over when the body dies and the other two existential characteristics stay behind. Some ghosts repeat themselves (memory), and some are lucid (soul). The lucid ones are sometimes incredibly aggressive and possibly demonic, but most ghosts aren't.

You're right, I guess its not always demonic or evil so to speak. But all depending on your belief system, the flesh nor spirit is conscious after death, Some beliefs state that spirit/soul or god like part of you is I in some suspense, whether sitting around for the next life cycle. Or sipping on a corona with the bearded guy walking on Golden streets.
I'm a "beleivist" (is that a word?) What ever the mind can believe and conceive, the mind can acheive,(Neopoleon Hill) so what ever your beleif sytem is, thats the truth for you.
Spirits, from my understand do not have the power to manipulate anything in the physical world, they can only persuade or influence someone. Some entities or very good at it.
I personally dont beleive in "ghost" (dead people coming back to haunt you) I do however beleive the are demonic forces capable of influencing you some scary #, Anything thats not of the father(my belief) or of the positive in my wording is demonic.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
the only thing scares me on ghosts is....they can watch you in your room...when you think you are alone....ehm..

you know what i mean^^ thats scary !

I've come full circle when it comes to any ghost. When the smoke clears, they can move on. Ghost are weak, they hate on us for we can physically do things they can no longer do. That is usually some vice they did.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's an interesting question, why do we fear ghosts? For reasons that may not be immediately obvious.

I have noticed how the whole presentation of a supposed ghost is as if it has been solely constructed to 'scare'.

To wit, you never (or very rarely) hear of ghosts harming people, the very nature of a ghost appears as if it has been orchestrated with the very specific intent of stimulating human fear.

Why should this be? Think about it, if a ghost really is a discarnate spirit, existing objectively, then surely there would be a whole myriad of characteristics and idiosynchrisies about them that are not necesarily 'scary'.

The fact that the ghost presents as a character whose sole-being seems to be to induce fright can be taken as evidence that they are merely the result of fear-induced imagination, as a fear-induced imagined being would, just like a ghost, appear 'as if it has been orchestrated with the very specific intent of stimulating human fear'.

However, I'm not so arrogant as to dismiss ghosts entirely, however the presentation of a ghost as an instrument of fear makes me suspect that there is certainly a subjective aspect to them, however I concede that it may not be wholly subjective.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

So what bruh & bruhettes

Hey there B.M.T,

I think you have a very simplified view of the paranormal.

I have experienced the paranormal all my life (so much so that if nothing happens for a few days then I think something is wrong) ... that said I am also one of the most grounded people your ever likely (not) to meet
... insomuch that I will never take anything at face value because even some of the most convincing senarios can have a logical and/or mundane explanation (not every creak and rustle is down to a ghost ... in fact very rarely is this the case).

Several years ago I formed a very select and private paranormal investigation group called W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source).

And I can tell you that most people are scared of ghosts / apparitions / poltergeists etc because ...

(a) people are naturally scared of the unknown (fight or flight - primordial instinct)

(b) the paranormal is so diverse people have trouble making distinctions ... get confused ... get scared.

Of course we must also remember that not all ghosts are well-meaning ... in fact some are crafty / cunning / evil and whilst some may lack physical power ... they can play with the mind ... hence the reason for a strong will and character. It's all very well getting a bit of a scare if old Aunt Alice slams a door now and again ... it's all good fun !

Not so funny when you have a very ancient ... very sinister ... very manipulative entity effecting two families who lived opposite one another for over a year (both physical activity and psychological manipulation) !

This is what happened with a case my team and I dealt with and only concluded fairly recently ... and let me tell you that whilst Hollywood can cram a lot of frights into a film that lasts a couple of hours ... then you leave the cinema and go home ... the reality of such things is a nightmare you cannot begin to imagine until you have experienced it firsthand.

So OP, I think that could be why people are scared of ghosts !

I have two threads on here that cover the case I just mentioned ... the reason for two threads is because the entity in question convinced us that we had got rid of him the first time ... only to return a couple months later with a different approach and much more activity.

The first thread will set the groundwork ... the second reports the actual intensity of events exactly as they occurred (bit like a journal). Both are quite long and both worth reading all the way through to understand the full impact ... but if it's just action that you want then I recomend the second thread ... here are the links;

#1 DEMON IDENTIFICATION HELP REQUIRED -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

#2 THE MESSENGER - DIRKEN RIDGE - UPDATE OF THE DEMON IDENTIFICATION ('RED EYES') CASE - www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are a couple of photographs included (can't recall which thread) that are well worth a looksee.

And if you would like to read about some more (less dramatic) W.I.S.P.S cases (with pictures) then you can find the accounts on my website; PastlivesParanormal&Pagans

pastlivesparanormalandpagans.webeden.co.uk...

Always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Woody

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Becaaaaauuuuusee......Have you not seen Thirteen Ghosts? I can't go down in the cellar at night because i know the Jackal might be down there waiting to slice me up!

Just one example!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't fear ghosts. Why should I? I've never came across one. I think they fear me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k

So what bruh & bruhettes

Hair and fingernails do not continue to grow after you die. It is a myth. The body dehydrates after you die causing the skin to pull away.
Snopes

Can you point us to any evidence of this "residual charge" or is that just how you want it to work compared to how it actually works?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If we supposedly live in different planes, maybe it could be that the ghosts are also scared of us as much as we are scared of them? Is it not that they have unfinished business on earth, and maybe that be the reason that they still dwell on the earth realm, some of them unaware that they even died? Is there a reason for us to be afraid of them? Or is the image of a demonic ghost haunting people being enforced on us via media and hollywood movies?

top topics

join