It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham: UFO mystery ‘was a US cover-up’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The East Anglian Daily Times website has a new story on it today putting forward yet another explanation for the Rendlesham incident:

www.eadt.co.uk...

THE internationally-famous Rendlesham “UFO incident” story was a cover-up to save the blushes of blundering US helicopter pilots, a special investigation claimed last night.

BBC Radio Suffolk broadcast a live programme to investigate the enduring mystery of the UFO “crash” in the Suffolk forest nearly 30 years ago – a story which has gripped enthusiasts across the world.

“The Woodbridge airbase was home to the Apollo recovery team which would be called out if the rocket landed anywhere other than the Pacific,” he explained.

“For whatever reason, it seems the helicopter crew went up on Christmas night and took the capsule out for a trip, suspended below it on chains.

“The helicopter was flying low and it smashed into the runway lights, causing it to drop the capsule into the forest. They then came back the next day to recover the capsule. It was then taken to an air force base in America and, apparently, its dimensions match up with those in the forest supposedly caused by the ‘alien spacecraft’.

So was:

merely one of these?

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 18-12-2010 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Thanks' for sharing!

That explanation was a new one (at least for me)!

But now when searching the net I find a discussion from 2007 here:
rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

In that discussion "Observer" writes (Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:53 pm):
"The Apollo capsule based at RAF Woodbridge was a training aid only and contained no classified equipment or systems. The 67th ARRS were in sole charge of it and it was often spotted sat on the grass near some air side flight buildings at RAF Woodbridge. In effect it was a de classified training aid. Many servicemen including Officers not attached to the ARRS and especially those based at Bentwaters would probably be ignorant to its existance at Woodbridge. This probably includes Halt. It was a need to know thing."

If that's true and the capsule "was often spotted", why would they make up a story when they presumable dropped it by mistake. A UFO story wouldn't have been my first option. The Ridicule Factor and all that.

I like a good mystery.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This reminds me of how the government claimed the aliens at Roswell were dummies dropped from airplanes. Even thought they were dropped several year later. However this story may be true, which I doubt, it sounds like a cover up itself.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yeah, this is another "story" made up to cover another UFO event. Nobody is going to mistake loud helicopters for silent aircraft maneuvering between the trees in a forest. Also, there were many witnesses to this event and nobody, and I mean NOBODY ever said anything about it being confused with helicopters. Even the debunkers were saying it was the damn lighthouse in the distance. So now the debunkers need to jump on the other bandwagon? Gimme a break! This smells of high BS to me. These are misdirections to what actually happened.

The fact that somebody made up another story about this makes it even more likely that it happened.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Graphix10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Here's last night's radio broadcast-

Rendlesham Revealed

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Here's last night's radio broadcast-

Rendlesham Revealed

Many thanks for the link Torsion. I'm downloading the broadcast now.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
LOL they really were better off trying to forget this happened, why all the attention now and new explanations? Speaks for itself, they act so guilty "Brits and Yanks" makes me wonder if they want me to think it was ET. I mean this is total FAIL as far as a cover up, so then the question comes up... it is something else.

And i heard they were time travelers, that being us humans from the future.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So Ridpath has to be completely wrong, the Lighthouse theory is completely wrong and the helicopter made absolutely no noise. Dear dear... I honestly cannot see how anyone can even give 10 seconds of their time and consideration for this explanation, it doesn't just stretch credibility wafter thin, it tears it asunder. There is n't a shred of evidence to support the helicopter theory as anyone who is interested has heard the Halt tape and there isn't a hint of a helicopter motor and blades.....
edit on 18-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
So Ridpath has to be completely wrong, the Lighthouse theory is completely wrong and the helicopter made absolutely no noise. Dear dear... I honestly cannot see how anyone can even give 10 seconds of their time and consideration for this explanation, it doesn't just stretch credibility wafter thin, it tears it asunder. There is n't a shred of evidence to support the helicopter theory as anyone who is interested has heard the Halt tape and there isn't a hint of a helicopter motor and blades.....
edit on 18-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

I agree with all you said.The very important point here is to remember that these kind of explanations are aimed at the UNEDUCATED MASSES or general public who have not looked deeper at ALL the evidence.The PAB rely on this ignorance and the public's NEED for spoon fed explications that returns them to the status quo is readily provided.Indeed i feel that the PAB have an easy time of it when they know the masses are in no real position to really take on broad the evidence from people who actually witnessed these events on those nights.To those who have gone down the rabbit hole on this incident, it must look like a main stream circus aimed at the uneducated gullible.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
True. They seem to have missed the fundamental element of audio evidence on this case and the fact all those in the clips are ranked and in some cases officers. I think they'd know a prank or mishap when they saw one and also be quite aware of any helicopters in the vicinity. We don't even need to question that, you only have to listen to the audio clips for yourself to get a strong reassurance there aren't any helicopters about during the event either. I'm sure within them they reference an object "a hundred feet away". And anyone who's been 100ft close to a helicopter will know there's more than just a racket.

That along with my own friends who've had similar experiences in woodlands beside RAF bases leads me to also choose to ignore this theory altogether, it's crap.

Appreciate you posting the info though, always interesting to see how individuals and the media will spin it for some attention.
edit on 18-12-2010 by markymint because: more opinion

edit on 18-12-2010 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I agree with those of you who think this explanation is crap.

I think a lot of the confusion about this case derives from the fact that many of the military and intelligence staff were lied to about what happened too. A lot of media statements about the Rendlesham Forest incident are made by staff who have been misinformed.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think that fact that there is more of a chance that is was an Apollo craft dropped than UFO/Aliens landing should be enough.

Does anyone know or can anyone confirm it there was an actual recovery team stationed there at this time of the event? I think that would go a long way.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I think that fact that there is more of a chance that is was an Apollo craft dropped than UFO/Aliens landing should be enough.

Come on, this is bunk!

Silent moving craft were seen after the object in the trees which presumably you think was the capsule? The witnesses were air base personnel. Lots of locals saw strange things. Remember the locals were used to living near an air base so helicopters would hardly have surprised them.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So now we're supposed to believe that military officers somehow failed to recognize an iconic Apollo capsule?

That's like saying one failed to recognize the Statue of Liberty... :@@

Ridiculous...but then, no surprise they keep trying to explain it.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
So now we're supposed to believe that military officers somehow failed to recognize an iconic Apollo capsule?

That's like saying one failed to recognize the Statue of Liberty... :@@

That's like saying a dog failed to recognize a bone . . . .

That's like saying a drunk failed to recognize a bottle of booze . . .

That's like saying a fatso failed to recognize the buffet line . . .

This could be fun.

new topics

top topics

join