It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You lot should not hate the US government. But embrace it for the good of ALL!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by c0ldPhr34k
reply to post by LDragonFire

Quite the opposite.

Im not from the US. So no, no government indoctrination.

Plus, Im not American so im not medicated and fed on fat all day!!.

So where did you get your information? or are you just trolling?

its obvious he/she is a troll. and in its 3rd paragraph writes as tho terrorism in the states is a given. the US (corporate political structure) first creates the problem-then offers and does the solution. the US has been involved with how many wars since WW2? is it 50 or so. follow the money.
but they have reached their peak, as all great nations do, and now they are in decline. hence the corrupt government.

its a troll!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, at the moment MY best interest is MY money. So You're absolutely correct, my government really does have my best interest at heart. Bless 'em

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

Ok, nice that you wrote such a mindless reply. What the hell dude? I wasn't even talking about the laws...

And what about the laws your beloved government broke? Oh right! They're perfect and don't break any of them.

You truly are hopeless. "I would lock down terrorists such as you. I would use my gun to enforce the law if I were to live in the US..." Blah blah you're being ridiculous here.

Honestly, I hope you're trolling. I really do! Because if you're not, I pity your soul.

Then think of my question again. What do you do about your beloved government breaking every single rule, every single law, every single human right clauses...What the **** are you up to?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Yeah obvious troll. No need to debate here, nothing will come out of this. Even if he's not a troll, what's the purpose of debating with such a close-minded person? His opinion is so biased...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

If I were to use the words of what I want to tell you to go & do, my post would get deleted, I would be banned for life.

So simply take your govt ass kissing & go away.

acrux said it better than I could have and conversely, yes, I too fear I might have been banned had I told you how dangerous, asinine and sycophantic the original post is.

I'm truly thankful for not being cognitively curtailed to your very limited and grossly misleading comprehension of the world and the dynamics thereof.

Anybody advocating America's foreign policy instantaneously loses any and all credibility.

*moves on to something intelligent.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow.
I'll give you a few reasons why Americans should have no trust for their government. As a resident of New Orleans, I can think of many.
Before Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast, residents were promised that the Federally constructed levees were built to withstand a category 3 Hurricane. The storm did not directly strike N.O. but those levees failed anyway, destroying billions of dollars worth of private property. After the city flooded, It took the federal government 5 days to begin evacuations. 5 days. American response to the Indonesian tsunami on the other side of the world was much quicker. U.S. citizens are apparently less important than residents of a far flung country. In the aftermath, government bureaucracy and lack of accountability held up any federal dollars coming in to help and also hindered citizens' own efforts to tke care of their own property.
5.5 years later, FEMA is still tied up bureacratically as far as rebuilding public buildings. The reason New Orleans has returned to health is due to the efforts of private citizens helping themselves and each other.
In 2010, as a result of a federal agency's servitude to the industry it is supposed to be regulating, the BP Oil Spill occurred. Collaberating with BP, the U.S. government agencies cowered under the authority of BP, Transocean, and Halliburton. NOAA consistently lied to the public about oil amounts. EPA quickly allowed a known toxic chemical be sprayed into the Gulf. The purpose of the chemical? To hide the amount of oil released by "breaking it up" so that it would be suspended in the water or sink to the bottom where it ensured a longterm presence in the Gulf's food chain. EPA quickly announced Gulf seafood safe to eat. Months later, only after many independent researchers pressured the agency with the truth, EPA admitted that the seafood may not be so safe to eat after all. Just as strange sicknesses are appearing in the area. We'll see what happens with the cancer rates in the next couple of years. Our "progressive" President declared the oil gone and the problem solved within a week of shutting the well down. I wonder why BP is still employing cleanup workers and why the Louisiana National Guard is still out there doing Oil Spill duty? And fisherman consistently run into oil slicks but are told by the government that it is algae and they are mistaken. These are seasoned fishermen from generations of fishermen who have fished in the same waters their whole lives. I think they might know the difference between oil and algae.
On a more national scale, since some have brought up TSA and American "whining". The radiation put out from the scanners has recently been discovered to unravel DNA in the cells that are exposed. Yeah, "whining." The other alternative is to be legally sexually abused. This is security theater designed to create an idea of security while providing none. It also forces humiliation in the name of "safety", showing us lowly subjects just who the boss is. Focusing so much attention on each and every passenger (99.99999999% aren't even worthy of scrutiny) you focus less on the tiny percentage that should be scrutinized
The ultimate insult, though, is taking tax payer money to pay off the very people and institutions that destroyed the economy to begin with.
The American government has committed treason against the American people and is becoming more and more open that we are moving toward a new form of feudalism.
I agree that Americans have become lazy and complacent. The banks and corporations and their media properties have been conditioning us to accept less and less and to worship those that exploit us. Largely they create an atmosphere that seeks to distract us with bread and circuses (pop culture, sports).
I would say most Americans aren't awake enough to realize just how much they should hate their government and its banking and corporate masters.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

I am pro war when there is a dispute.

I am pro preemptive action

I am pro dealing with terrorists wherever they may be any way that needs to be done.

I am pro Military Defense.

I don't mind paying for freedom. What else is money for.?

I will reach out and take freedom whilst you grovel on your knees for it.

Well you are small in mind.

YOU will be the one grovelling for freedom while people like me lock you up for being unpatriotic and a terrorist.
YOU will be the one who faces the harsh reality of a complete Military Defense for the people who deserve it and for the people who support it.

Just so you know, when you come to lock us Americans up for being unpatriotic, we tend to shoot foreign invaders first and ask questions later.

You might as well come out and say that we should embrace the United Nations and the New World Order to bring peace and stability to the world. Maybe all of us Americans need to eat more GMO food and drink more HFCS and aspartame to see your point of view.

I have traveled all over the United States and lived in several different states over many years and can tell you quite conclusively that there is no shortage of patriotism in this country. What there is is a healthy mistrust of the government, which is something this country was founded on. People are sick and tired of being lied to, taken advantage of, having our elected officials voting against our wishes and constatntly being told that the government knows what is best for us.

The government is not what makes this nation great, it is the people that make America great.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

I have traveled all over the United States and lived in several different states over many years and can tell you quite conclusively that there is no shortage of patriotism in this country. What there is is a healthy mistrust of the government, which is something this country was founded on. People are sick and tired of being lied to, taken advantage of, having our elected officials voting against our wishes and constatntly being told that the government knows what is best for us. The government is not what makes this nation great, it is the people that make America great.

I just read this paragraph and almost fell of my perch. The government is made up of American people so the American people do make the government which in turn makes the United States a great place. Its the Americans who are against the defending of the US that are the real threat. The outspoken ones who are mostly unemployed more than likely that have never had a major decision to make in their lives that are spouting of about the government. You know not of what you speak. I am a loyal American Citizen if you must know, before you ask. I back what the poster of this thread says.
I will defend this Country with every ounce of force and aggression I can muster behind my badge. I have served the people of New York for 6 years this February and I am loathe to say it but American Citizens are becoming the problem. I emigrated to America when I was 5 because my father was in the Military. I call America my home. But American citizens, They want and given nothing, the demand and offer nothing, they protest at every chance half not knowing the cause they are supporting.
Its time to back the Federal Government or choose the other option.
edit on 18-12-2010 by TheManipulator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

We are in real trouble in my honest opinion, but on the bright side the Tea Party is here and they will save us all......right? they are arn't they?

Well at least the Tea Party is showing signs of not being completely comatose

Too bad they got hijacked coming out of the gate.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Patriotism has nothing to do with being a mindless, cowardly pawn for government and her masters. Forget words. Actions are what count. Our elected officials and our entrenched bureaucracy serve the needs of banks, corporations, the super rich, and special interest groups. They recently stole our money and gave it to foreign banks. While I would never belittle the personal courage of our soldiers on an individual level, it doesn't take much to see that they are out there protecting corporate interests while actually making the world more dangerous for Americans. This garbage that distrust of government is somehow traitorous, smacks of propoganda worthy of Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, and other such police states. Our government is now encouraging citizens to inform on each other to the state's secret police. In the name of security, the federal government is evolving into the greatest threat Americans will face in coming years. It's time to wake up, America. The fruit of our labor is being funnelled to the banks through debt and taxes. End the Fed. Minimize government. Reclaim America for Americans. Authority and Security types love to abuse their power and then cry that they aren't appreciated(See Henry Glover case, Danziger bridge Incident). Screw em. I'll take my chances.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheManipulator

Thank you for explaining that you reside in New York. That explains the rest of the nonsense you posted (i.e. Good American people make up American gov. which makes American gov. good.).

I was born in NY and lived there for close to 30 years before realizing that the state would never change and just keep spending money it doesn't have, hoping they could tax what was left of the NY citizens even more. In essence, New York Government is really a microcosm of the Federal Government.

I almost feel sorry for you, the OP and people who think the problem is with the people and not the government. Almost, but not quite.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The OP sounds like he may have a serious mental disorder or defect. Blind allegiance to authority figures and trying to impress the "big boys" are typically signs of a stunted mental growth.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
You have got to be #ing #ting me. I would absolutely love for you to be one of my followers. I promise I have your best intentions at heart, so there will be no need to question any of my decisions. Simply come along little lamb, it is for the greater good.

This is where you are wrong.

I am not from the US but my money would go a lot further in the US than in my damn country.

I would be given all sorts of benefits and breaks. I would be able to pay for anything I want.

The way it should be.

I am pro war when there is a dispute.

I am pro preemptive action

I am pro dealing with terrorists wherever they may be any way that needs to be done.

I am pro Military Defense.

I don't mind paying for freedom. What else is money for.?

You also sound pro-facist.

But I guess this the result of a country turned to neo-conservatism and fear of "the other" after the 9/11 attacks. I wouldn't be so scared if around 40% of Americans didn't share the OP's views.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheManipulator
reply to post by survivalstation

Its time to back the Federal Government or choose the other option.
edit on 18-12-2010 by TheManipulator because: (no reason given)

I will chppse the other option I guess. I will NEVER back the pack of liars, murders, thieves and wannabe tryants nor their boot licking lackys in the police department, FBI CIA DEA ATF.......etc

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

YOU are obviously one of the millions of sheep that recieved a corrupt education. The facts of the matter of Cuba is that the usa have been pissed off because Castro took all the corporations and buisnesses back from the corrupt american monopolies and put it back in thier control and that they sided with Russia. Nothing more. The boat that sunk in the harbour is now known to have been sunk by american intrests. Get an education because your opinion doesnt mean squat untill you know the facts.I have been to Cuba and have first hand knowledge of thier country and millions of canadians travel and will continue to travel to Cuba instead of the U S . I wont be replying again since you dont know enough about world affairs to have a debate with me. see ya and i wouldnt want to be ya

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

---The US government has highlighted the worlds problems and is one of only a few countries will to tackle them.

The United States has CAUSED many of the worlds problems. Ole Bill Clinton using 20,000 Army Troops to put a dictator in charge of Haiti. Then got Haiti into 'free trade'. Those people used to have jobs growing all their own food. Bill's Arkansas farmers who were Federally subsidized then dumped THEIR crops onto Haiti cheaper than they could even grown them. Led to haiti losing all their jobs, every last penny they had went to buying our crops. We destroyed haiti before the earthquake did.

---they try to defend the world from the terrorists that would gladly kill and rape your wife, your children and destroy your way of life.

Yet leave America's southern border open letting in Hamas, Al Quaeda, MS-13, foreign military ops, drug cartels, and felons to rob, rape, pillage, and KILL americans. Plus they get FREE section 8, welfare, school for their kids, and healthcare from the EMTALA Act.

---They have actively sought to make the US a safe place (compared to a lot of place round the world).

No they didn't. The Federal Military was created to stop an invasion into the States. The States were invaded from the southern border with people from South America, Central America, Mexico, and all around the world. In 2005 Congress forced the Banks to give mortgages to "illegal aliens". 10+ million illegals bought and sold homes between themselves and fled America with TRILLIONS. HUD Officially stated +5 million illegals walked away from mortgages a few years ago.

---You once had the great American Dream but YOU the people ruined that with your constant need for material things and your constant whining about the system.

WRONG. In 1990 I could make $5 an hour and with only 400 hours of labor I could buy 1 acre of land in America. Try doing that today. Our Currency was made worthless by Congress/Federal Reserve. The same people keeping property values artificially inflated and out of our economic reach.

---The US government has a few million employees and is increasing that meaning people are being employed which is a good thing.

Incorrect. The Joint Bases was directed by Rumsfeld to be able to FIRE lots of people so the Federal Government can operate cheaper. There are no longer Wage Grade (Blue Collar) Federal jobs in America. They've been contracted out. Those contracted laborers have no job security and don't know if they will have a job when the contract comes up for renewal, thus won't buy high ticket items like homes or new cars.

---The US government has the largest military in the world, which in today's world is a great thing. Other countries are cutting their military budgets, but not the US.

Incorrect. Our military has been getting cut and cut and cut. Joint Basing for example was a BRAC action to CUT, and we have less power projection due to it. Sailing a fleet of 300 ghost ships which we can't afford to fully man doesn't mean those ships are battle ready. China and Russia can afford to fully man their ships. Our actions to pour all of our money on technology created an achilles heal. Defeat the technology and the other military would find a poorly manned crew behind the hardware. We no longer have the largest military. China does.

---The US government has had a lot of flack, but that is because they are the most popular.

Incorrect. Less than 20% of Americans approve of Congress. We actually hate our Government more than everyone else in the world. Hence why our Government is forced to bring in +1 million foreigners into America annually as fresh blood who will support the Fed.

---The people have pushed the government into a corner, instead of letting them get on with what they do, the people want to interfere in things they know nothing about.

Our government knew everything about Iraq and still can't find the WMD's.

---They expect the government to come clean on everything when in reality this is dumb and dangerous.

The Government could never come clean because it would expose crimes of those in power. President Bush's decision to not tell the American people if the Government detects radiation levels are unsafe....supposedly he made this decision because if the American people found out the economy would stop. He'd rather kill Americans than threaten the revenue stream to the ruling elite.

---So, start thinking about how working with the government may in fact keep the American Dream Alive.

The American Dream is dead. This Generation will get enslaved with the new Federal Tax disguised as National Healthcare when in fact it's sole purpose is to generate new Federal Revenue to fund +70million Baby Boomers with Social Security and Medicare. They shouldn't have spent the Social Security Trust Fund years ago. Now this Generation will be enslaved to support the thieves.

---Without the US the western world will have to bow to Russia and China some day in the future.

Crude oil is about all used up. Russia nor China could project power and secure the world due to a lack of energy to sustain forward projection. Maybe if we didn't tell the people of the world to disarm and not have firearms in their homes, they could defend their own lives and own homes from foreign aggressors. We wanted them reliant on us because that's good money. They can defend themselves.

The people of the United States only live in poverty and debt because they have been robbed of their National Treasure. President Nixon and the CIA's plan to pour the entire National Wealth of the US into CHINA, give them all our jobs....then bomb the living crap out of them then make even more money when we rebuild what's left......

Only madmen would think of such things. Only a nation of idiots would have ever let them do it. And we did.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Pervius because: my country tis not of thee

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by canadacatfoodforcrocs

OK here we go again insulted for an opinion. OK lets give it back!

YOU are obviously one of the millions of sheep that recieved a corrupt education.

My My shouting with capital letters! & because I don't agree with you I am a sheep with a corrupt education. Well you actually appear to be the one with the warped, corrupted attitude that reeks of never having received any education!. You spread it out you are going to get it back!

that the usa have been pissed off because

Wow resorting to profanity in a post. Now that reeks of lack of education & lack of English language vocabulary don't you think?

I wont be replying again since you dont know enough about world affairs to have a debate with me

Suits me fine. You were not up to challenge anyway!. If you want be that arrogant it is obvious I am a lot more enlightened & educated on "World Affairs" than you will ever be!

Is it not amazing that people here on ATS resort to profanity & insults about ones level of education because their opinion is different. Well I will stand up to it! The USA is great country who have a well meaning intention to help the world. The US has their ways & bad things sometimes happen but it is no way representative or should tarnish all the good work that has been done!. I'm continually astounded how people here bite the hand that feeds them (The US). In the case of canadacatfoodforcrocs if Canada was invaded by a more powerful enemy than themselves he would be begging the US for help. I'm sure he would deny to bolster an argument but we all know it is true!

Great thread OP! canadacatfoodforcrocs verbal attack on me for agreeing with you has shown yes people should "not hate the US government. But embrace it for the good of ALL!!". It is obvious deep down people really know this and this is why the aggressive reaction when confronted with the truth!
edit on 19-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
dont see anything about Cuba being a terrorist state. Grammar and spelling do not matter , who cares , its the subject matter thats important. I am pretty sure America has the worst graduation rate probably of any country because your govt wants you to be dumb.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The US government is corrupt beyond repair. The constitution is blatantly ignored. A covert elite group trained by the CIA has become well embedded within all of the intelligence and military agencies as well as the bureaucracies, executive, legislative, judicial and lobbiest groups. The government has become a prime example of fascism and is an exact repeat of Nazi Germany. Thomas Jefferson said that every 19 years, a revolution is necessary or that exactly this scenario would inevitably happen.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Being nonsupportive of US government and UK government would be a direct conflict of my job. I love my job and I like to enforce rules.

Rules are only as good as the enforcement behind it. I just wish I was in the US because I would have a firearm for further enforcement.

Those who do not like to follow the rule need to be taught a lesson. It send society into chaos and upheaval.

To me its black and white. You do wrong, you break the rules, you cause public disorder, you commit an offense that is deemed against the good of society and you must be punished.

The people on ATS seem to think they are different. But they are not,. They cower at home expressing opinion from behind the screen but NEVER stand up to be counted when they are needed.

This is exactly what The Taliban, Chinese State Police and Iran State Police do

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join