It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police Release Dashcam Video Of Woodcarver's Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I saw this video the other day and just cried. I can't watch it again ... that cop is a murdering asshole - I hope to God the woodcarver's family gets justice ...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by JustAThought

Bud, kinda went off the deep end with this a little didn't ya. I say that the last couple of generations have not been taught respect and discipline, and you go back to slavery and the American Indian. I think that you totally missed the point somewhere. WTF!
Seeashrink

I'm sorry i have father issues LOL, but you're not my dad...

Sorry for going deep and missing the point person who is NOT MY FATHER. You did NOT beat me, you are INNOCENT and i like you until proven guilty.

Anyways here en.wikipedia.org... if you like getting your ears wet

edit on 18-12-2010 by JustAThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjno6
FWIW, I contacted the following folks if you are as concerned as I am:

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn: www.seattle.gov...

Seattle Police Dpt. OPA: www.seattle.gov...

Feds investigating the incident:

Thomas Perez
Assistant Attorney General
United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division,
Special Litigation Section
950 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20530

Honorable Jenny Durkan
United States Attorney
700 Stewart St.
Seattle, WA 98101

That's a very good initiative. You guys really need to voice yourselves in these cases so that actions will be taken to make whatever precautions neccesary so that no other feeble minded easy-to-pull-the-trigger personality is even considered working in the force.

But i'm telling you now. That capitalistic, liberal mindset is the root of it all. This ain't business men or lawyers getting slain. It's always the lowlives. Those who are considered of less value. Would he stop his own father this way ? Hey dad stop carving that wood BAM BAM BAM. It's sick to the bone.

And soon someone will "star" or "not star" my post and there we have it again. Hierachy, value. Who's popular ? Who's a wacko ?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by paearmor

I am an active CCH permit holder and have worked in personal protection. I know the 21 foot rule. I also know, from reading info about this case, that the knife was closed and locked when it hit the ground. Plus the guy was partially deaf and probably didn't hear or understand the order.

I understand that soldiers have to follow ROE. Every one with a weapon has to follow ROE or a "use of force continuim." One of the main things they teach in academy or in professional training is how to follow use of force guidlines. However, police and protective service providers are taught to rely on their fire arms a lot less than the military soldiers.

I understand that time is of the esence. However, if most of the shots hit in his right side, he was shot while turning. That means the officer could have back pedalled and gave further warnings. He also could hacve opted for his taser.

Hand gun wounds usually take a while to stop somebody. A taser could have dropped the guy from behind or as he turned. It would have ended an iffy situation quickly. If those five or six shots had missed, or hit no vital areas, the cop still could have been in danger.

The cop over reacted.

I stand by my post and I stand by my assertion that this guy deserves life in prison. Don't give him the death penalty. Then he might get to skip past general population. Trust me general population is a much better way to punish a dirty cop.

I will say this once and with complete conviction!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL COPS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN CORPORATE SECURITY GUARDS....Period!

They have NO LEGAL standing OVER any Citizen. FACT.

All cities are incorporated and the police are hired guns to enforce unconstitutional rules and ordinances. Your name in all caps MAKES YOU responsible for the corporate fiction "person". Instead of being a flesh and blood living soul, a sovereign, you have been made corporate property and the police, being the security guards for THAT corporation, cite you for violation of the city code and arrest you if you go beyond certain restrictions which again ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The Constitution does not apply to you or I, as we were never a party to it, BUT, the Constitution, being a corporate document, RESTRICTS the authority of the city and State and of the employees thereof. Read Title 18 and 28 of the federal code.

I am so sick and tired of the idiot police and the people who defend them. I for one do not need them and do not want them anywhere near me or my family. THAT is why I do not pay property taxes nor do I pay income taxes. I have my own dwelling on private land and it is posted as such with NO ADDRESS on the dwelling. It is still in a city but I have filed the paperwork to set the record straight. I told the state they had no jurisdiction that I did not give them and that they must prove up their claims. They can't as that would expose the fraud.

When oh when will the public at large wake up to the historical fraud?

Edit to add, I understand the post I quoted and that you want the cop in jail. I want ALL cops in jail. Police officers should be appointed and educated to know the Common Law and NOT Corporate Law or Commerce law. The State legislatures have all sold out to the Federal Bankers and WE the People are paying the price for our own ignorance of what is going on.
edit on 19-12-2010 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not being from the US there is a lot I dont know about the place and the people and I know that Americians are gum mad but the question that immdeiatley comes to mind here is why did the police officer not approach the man and simply talk to him.

Don't the the police in the US try and talk people down any more??

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me the the rule in the US is if immediate obienience is obtained then shoot them dead.

Even in Australia these days theres a growing tendancy to regard the gun as the scond officer but this just seems to me to be rampant muder by those who are confident that their employers will protect them no matter what.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, at least he didn't die of smallpox.

I think he's the last one of them.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If I would of been driving down the road and saw this murderous act happen, I would of stopped. I would of then exited my vehicle and unloaded on that cop and any who would try to defend the murderous bastard!

Reminds me of the college student that was shot and killed through the windshield while he was still in his vehicle! The cops then pulled the student out of the vehicle, cuffed him and laid him on the side-walk. Some bystanders tried to approach the wounded dying student and the cops put their guns on them and told them to get back.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Chaos Psyche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This really angered me.Total misuse of the law.

He didn't even give him a chance.
He didn't inform Williams that he was a police officer.

But what really bothered me..was the nonchalance calm way he acted even though he just killed someone.Like "yep..I told him to put the knife down..he didn't..so I shot him".Didn't even ask him why he had the knife.Just because someone has a knife doesn't mean they are going to hurt someone with it.That cop should be arrested for murder.

People should demand justice!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

What was even worse than the cops statement was what he did not say.

He never said ' HE CAME AT ME... I HAD NO CHOICE'. Nope just 'I told him to drop it'. Murder.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
This really angered me.Total misuse of the law.

He didn't even give him a chance.
He didn't inform Williams that he was a police officer.

But what really bothered me..was the nonchalance calm way he acted even though he just killed someone.Like "yep..I told him to put the knife down..he didn't..so I shot him".Didn't even ask him why he had the knife.Just because someone has a knife doesn't mean they are going to hurt someone with it.That cop should be arrested for murder.

People should demand justice!

No! You don't arrest someone who has been put in a position of authority and then does something like this. You don't arrest someone who has killed an innocent man in cold-blood and is then defended by their peers. The police have the authority to kill on the spot as their brainwashed judgement dictates. Why shouldn't citizens? I would of killed that officer on the spot! That simple.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice
. It should be noted that he was shot from nine to ten feet distance away from the officer. Also, in the video you can hear at the a woman screaming at the cop "Did you just kill him" "Why did you do that? He didn't have anything".

9 to 10 feet from the cop with a knife?

Try this drill. Have a buddy stand 21 feet away from you and approach you, as if he was going to stab you. See if you can draw your weapon before he stabs you.

If the guy did have a knife and did turn (9-10 feet away), then he would have been justified in shooting the guy. You can easily do serious damage to someone if you are withing 21 feet of them before they have an opportunity to draw and defend.

Is that what happened, not according to the woman. It does sound like the cop was in the wrong. Just a sad story.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

Originally posted by PersonalChoice
. It should be noted that he was shot from nine to ten feet distance away from the officer. Also, in the video you can hear at the a woman screaming at the cop "Did you just kill him" "Why did you do that? He didn't have anything".

9 to 10 feet from the cop with a knife?

Try this drill. Have a buddy stand 21 feet away from you and approach you, as if he was going to stab you. See if you can draw your weapon before he stabs you.

If the guy did have a knife and did turn (9-10 feet away), then he would have been justified in shooting the guy. You can easily do serious damage to someone if you are withing 21 feet of them before they have an opportunity to draw and defend.

Is that what happened, not according to the woman. It does sound like the cop was in the wrong. Just a sad story.

The officer already had his weapon drawn when he exited his patrol car.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I have some mixed feelings about this and I don't blame the officer so much as I blame the system in which the officer is indoctrinated. While it doesn't seem like the "suspect" was given enough time to comply or really even enough time to figure out what was going on, the officer was simply doing what he was trained to do. While I do think the officer is to blame, I also think the system is to blame on equal footing.

We don't need a murdering cop apologist in here. Everyone is responsible for his own actions. They don't train cops to murder people on a whim. Blame the system, the cop's bad childhood or whatever you want. The cop pulled the gun and made the decision to shoot him 5 times in the back. Cop is 100% to blame as he pulled the trigger five times!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
From my own experiences, I know that the police in the northwestern part of the country don't like Native Americans. I spent some time in Portland Oregon getting to know the Native community there. It was one of the areas of the country where they terminated reservations, so a lot of Natives live in the cities.It's obvious from the video the man wasn't a threat to any one. I'll burn some tobacco for his spirit, so that he may go to the skyworld in peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

In the comment section of that video someone says "Land of the free?, F---in S--- America.
And I am inclined to agree with him! I truly hate this country and am unafraid to say it! All you Toby Keith
types in cowboy hats can sing as many songs you want about freedom, it will not change the fact that Americans have none left...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

The officer already had his weapon drawn when he exited his patrol car.

There in lies the premeditation. Again I will post, he had a car. If he feared for his well being, why didn't he just follow Williams at a distance use his siren...one of those short "Whoop" sounds and use the loud speaker. Being hard at hearing, Williams just might have heard the cop.

He left his car on the corner, as I see it, because it's more difficult to doctor up a video than it is to change a few words on the audio. This was an assassination.

The cop is not working right now, and when he gets the autopsy hearing in January, as was posted a few pages back...there will be no judgments as to guilty or innocent even at that time.

edit on 19-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Fricken psychopath! I aint saying all cops are murders, but that one sure is. That made me feel sick to my stomach. I think maybe they should come up with some better physiological testing for these cops, and test them allot more often. Allowing nut jobs like that to run around with guns and superiority complexes is obviously a bad bad idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Yeah, after watching it again and again and going over it in my mind - I have to agree.

Premeditated murder.

As the "Woodcarver" was well known and had his regular routines. The police knew where he lived and where he hung out.

Usually when police go after somebody with guns drawn, such as chasing a robbery suspect, they don't park their car against the curb so perfectly parallel as Birk did..

I suggest it was parked in that manner so that the woodcarver would be intercepted out of video range.

Birks commands appear as perfect presentations in regards to rules as he yells out "Hey, Hey, Hey" Commanding attention followed by an order "Put the knife down" three times. Obviously practiced in training, but appears he practiced at least in his head for this killing. The problem is, it seems like his timing is off as if he's in a hurry to perform his pre-planned action of making a kill.

I suggest most people would not have time to respond to Birks orders in the time we see in this video..

The knife issue revisited. The knife was closed when recovered and cannot close by itself.

Birk claims it was open and the native American was engaged in carving the wood he was carrying.
Thus either Birk is lying about it being open (I cannot tell from the video) or the native American closed it prior to being shot.

Thus if Birk is confessing here that the woodcarver is engaged in carving the wood - that in itself is not threatening behavior to anyone except for the piece of wood. If the "Woodcarver" was in the process of closing the knife which is another indication of non-threatening behavior.

At the very least I'd say Birk planned this kill prior to parking his car, though my intuition tells me that it was at least hours in advance as if it was done for some type of gain in status or ritual.
edit on 19-12-2010 by verylowfrequency because: I'm tired

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I watched the video a couple times and what gets me the most is how cocky this cop looks as he is walking towards the guy with the knife, it so looks like he was thinking "I'm going to kill this dude" as he was walking towards him.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of the death by cop that happened here in the UK a decade ago. They shot a guy who had a chair leg in a carrier bag because they thought it might be a sawn off shotgun!

Police whittle away more of the population

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join