It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police Release Dashcam Video Of Woodcarver's Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This video sickens me. Seriously, when are we going to stop tolerating the rampant abuse of the law enforcement officers in this country? Give them a badge and they think they are holy. That cop is just a punk hiding behind his badge and gun. Probably got his ass kicked daily as a kid.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
it sounds to me like his superiors sound kind of sketchy about the whole situation from the get go, like they know he effed up

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Another slice of the pie of corruption.

Shot five times for brandishing a weapon. Don't we train police to serve the peace? I don't remember us passing a law that we've become target practice.

Police love their tazers, they *love* them. And yet this man gets shot 5 times.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

If that is the case the officer should be charged with homicide.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

What are they training them on at police academy now? How to hunt and kill civilians.
There is no one and no thing to blame, but the officer. He premeditated this. He had his gun out when he got out of the car. Cops don't draw unless they intend to use it and have reason. He drew for no reason and then murdered and innocent man.

I mean.. do you think this cop was nervous?
Why would he be?

edit on 18-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Four police cars and two police bikes to hunt down a local guy who was carving wood. Maybe in future that will be 2 police cars.... 4 APCs, 3 tanks, 2 attack helicopters, 1 airborne drone and 1 cruise missile ready for launch all to neutralize the potential threat which is a woodcarver.
Perhaps woodcarving on the street is illegal but I doubt it has a death penalty. Maybe that cop thought the carving knife was a RPG launcher.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This whole scenario is disgusting and disturbing. There is no excuse for such voilence.

single police officer patrol ( this is a problem everywhere)

gun out ready as soon as he is out of the car

passerby doesnt even seem to be perturbed by the whole incident before the shots ( are americans immune to this sort of behaviour by police , or was she just scared to take notice until the shots?)

the instructions were so fast to put the knife down the guy probably didn't even know why he was being yelled at.

Five shots? For a man with a knife?

what a freakin hero!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This pisses me off more than how the army kills thousands of innocents in the Middle East
Oh my #ing god, this just makes me want to kill the damn officer. I can clearly hear Williams mumbling something in the background after the officer yells. DAMN IT. All these stupid a** cops nowadays. Multiply this by 100,000 a month and imagine how an innocent man left alone to die in an Afghan neighborhood feels at the end of the day.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

This video makes me sick. Since when is it illegal to carve a piece of wood while walking?!
Suspended without pay??
I think he needs to be arrested and slapped with capital murder charges, that would be the only thing deemed fit..that cop is a murderer, no question about it and should be treated as such. I hope he gets the death penalty, which i doubt, but hopefully life in prison where the inmates will take care of him.

Okay, i know most of you reading this thread are fully aware of whats going on in this country, Our constitutional rights, and civil rights are gone. But where is the mainstream public attention at? WHY ISNT ANYONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?! How do you wake up a country of sleeping sheep other then to view video like this? And still no one seems to care, or have enough fortitude to do anything about it.

Write a letter to your congressman.
Boycott the police departments.
Ask questions, learn facts.
Write to your local newspaper.
Exercise your rights as a human being AND a citizen.

I'm done, this is just sick. Nothing else to say here.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

I agree

this was nothing short of murder.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Another trigger happy cop fulfilling his "kill" quota.

I saw a guy carving a piece of wood - a cop get out of his car - yell a few things and then "Bam" "Bam "Bam" "Bam"

Man he made sure that nobody carrying a piece of wood and a carving knife would ever speak again!

This is getting out of control - and my guess he saw this guy around the neighborhood - knew his habits and direction and took advantage of it for his "FIRST KILL"!

Human life - what is it worth to anyone - if you don't feel connected to someone are they just an object? Whoever that girl was walking - she was a witness to the events! I'll bet she stopped off at Starbucks , got a coffee and left this dude for dead without a word!
edit on 18-12-2010 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Damn it man. Just imagine the last moment of your life is you carrying a knife, probably thinking of what you'll carve later and then "POW", a painful sensation in your back, damn. It's just cold-blooded

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
sadly, I'm not even surprised by this.

When I lived in the Puget Sound area, there was a Barney Fife clone (real name- Sanders) who worked in the town of Duvall (I'd love for him to read this as he's a scared little punk who wouldn't break breath out of uniform) where my fiance lived. Someone backed into her at the car wash late one Friday afternoon, breaking the front license plate holder on her car. With the holder broken, the front plate fell off (Washington state requires both front and rear plates). Very minor, just bumper-to-bumper contact, but the plate couldn't be kept in the front holder. She put the plate in the windshield, and had an appointment to get it fixed Monday.

The next morning, my fiance, her daughter and I were going to breakfast. On our way, Barney Fife pulled out of a side road without looking even once to his left where I was approaching from, driving about 25 mph. He nearly t-boned me, I avoided the accident by swerving almost off the road to miss him and beeping the horn. I don't even remember why now, but my wife had to stop at the gas station, which we were about a block away from. I pull in, she gets out of the car and so does her daughter. I open the door to get out, and he blasts the siren. I look back to say he has pulled behind me sideways, as if I'd just robbed the store and he were afraid I was going to peel out at any second. My fiance and her daughter stop, turn around and look back. He instructs them to "go inside, now," and tells me " you remain in the car". I'm thinking What the ....?

After several minutes, he comes up to me with a statute book, talking about the front plate being "improperly displayed". My fiance is out of the store and hears him. She explains to him what happened. He stops her half way through saying "I don't care, and I'm speaking to the driver, not you." He then goes on to tell me that if I make another attempt to exit the car (I'd done nothing but sit in the driver's seat since he initially told me to remain in the car) that he was "authorized to use any measure of force, up to and including lethal force, to keep me inside" it.

I lose it at this point. I said "What the *h* did you just say to me? Did you just threaten me?" His reply was "I just informed you of my authority." I said "I want your badge number," which he refused to give to me. I tell me fiance to write down his name and car number, which she does

Long story short, I reported him for threatening me when he had no provocation and refusing to give me his badge number. The department gave me the standard apology and "we'll look into it". One of my witnesses, parked next to my car, watching this all unfold and who knew the cop, also called and reported the incident to the department. I gave them four witnesses who'd heard him say it. The department, of course, did nothing. They never even contacted a single witness to ask what happened.

Many of these cops out here these days are nothing but thugs. They're scared of their own shadows, and they have a gun, taser, club and badge to use at their discretion. Their abuses of power are swept under the rug whenever possible, and the citizens have no recourse against them. Obviously, this doesn't describe every LEO out there, but when it describes even one, that's too many.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

But that's what they want these days - Iraq/Afghan veterans who have had their "Humanity" nullified!

It is obvious - everywhere now!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the pro-police ATS;ers that used to post to these type threads are now strangely absent. They used to be here in force offering excuses for the most obvious abuse of authority. I am seeing a more informed public not buying the lies of power drunk, jack boooted thugs.

This act has been repeated far to often by power-mad cops. The best thing you can do to protect yourself is carry a small video cam to use if you encounter one of these predator pigs.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well cop haters, I"m afraid that you are completely justified here. This is nothing more than a homicide. I haven't read all the post but does anyone know the outcome? Was he charged? Did he get off?
This makes me ashamed of my profession as does many other acts of this nature. There is no excuse, but I still contend that this guy is not a representative of all officers. Please do not judge us all off of this piece of sh!t.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Well, it looks like he was laid off.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
d00d that cop already had the gun in his hands. The amount of shots fired at the guy was astounding. What's difficult? He has a knife? Shoot him in the shoulder for christs sake. Even the leg, That way he can't attack you.

5 shots.. Five damn shots! Hit two shoulders! Hit 2 legs! Hell, shoot him in the groin! There's 5 shots. No need to kill him!

Officer was out for blood!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have two words.

Police State.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

He is on paid leave right now.
It just happened so it will be next year before he sees court.
Read here, the facts of the situation make it even worse.
Not only did the officer shoot an innocent man minding his own business only 3 seconds after yelling at him to put the knifedown, but the guy was in fact partially deaf. Also the cops initially lied and said the man came at him but they have backed off that statement (probably because the full video came out and you can hear them saying he didn't).

www.king5.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join