It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Very well put.

Someone really needs to go back and do some more reading as well. And don't just pick one translation. And don't just read the Qur'an. Also read the Hadith - the words and deeds of Muhammed.

Once you read, multiple translations, of both the Qur'an and the Hadith, you can get a pretty good idea of what's really being said, and what's really meant.

THEN break out secular history writings and do a bit of study.

Eventually, you convert or die.

I suppose you'd call that a choice.

I don't.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Muslims do not define Islam. (Just because Muslims kill innocent people, does not mean that action is Islamic)

Christians do not define Christianity. (Just because Christians rape kids in Churches, does not mean that action is Christian)

Atheists do not define Atheism. (Just because Atheists mass murdered millions of people, doesn't mean that action is Atheistic)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

well put dude. even though i don't believe in allah. what you're saying sounds like a islamic protestant revolution! haha.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
To those who say Islam is a religion of "peace":-

Islam is NOT a religion of "Peace"

Let's do the research shall we?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

man, i'm sure i'm going to believe everything in that link. and i'm not a huge fan of islam. but we're never going to get rid of it. that religion will probably be one of the last religions on earth, 30,000 years from now when the rest of us are flying around in hover cars. its best just to quietly support the moderate ones.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well... all ooozy has managed to achieve, is to enforce my idea that it's completely impossible to debate with a pro-religious person.

I can't believe in something that has zero proof. Faith is just that. If I offered you a sealed envelope and said it contained 5000 dollars, and said you could buy it for 1000 dollars, you'd want to check the contents of the envelope before handing over the money. Right?

Anyone that hands over the money first is an idiot. But I hand you an old book that tells you how to live your life without a tiny amount of truth to the "facts" it claims, and you buy it hook, line and sinker.

If I said that, 10 mins ago, god spoke to me. And he said that you aren't getting into heaven, you wouldn't believe me. So I ask, why would you believe a book that was about the stories told by a man that was a mass-murderer (as per the Quran) and married a child (again, as per the Quran)? Does this pedophile have a more honest face than any person in the street that claims a direct line to god?

Of course not.

You can't argue that the religion is old, and is therefore true. Because for so long, the earth was *known* to be flat. We know now that it's not. So that voids the "it's old" line of argument.

Basically, my point is this:

People are bad. Trying to use the Quran to "prove" that the religion is peaceful is self-serving. It's like me giving the mission statement of Halliburton to show that the company operates to make the world a better place. There's always, ALWAYS, external evidence to prove otherwise. But arguing that evidence with the company statement (or, in your case, the Quran) is never going to work.

If you like Sharia law so much, why not live in Iran? I've heard its very nice this time of year. You know, apart from the public stonings.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Thats the thing ooze, people are following culture/traditions over the quran itself. So why need hadith? Religion should be so simple, so easy to understand. One peaceful direction for people to adhere to and represent. Wy arent we seeing this? This isnt a attempt at islam itself but as a whole, collectively, all religions dont make sense at all. God gave us free will, so who are you to question my belief? Or anyones? Do you really beleive from your heart that people will get tortured for eternity just for not blvling in allah? Allah doesnt gain or lose an atom, if people blv in him or not..so why bother?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The reality of what Islam is working on for the US.

Non-Believers Under Muslim Law

Is only one Islam and is not peacful.

The enormous difference between ideas of equality and fairness that separate the Islamic world and the West are so colossal it defies easy explanation. In fact, we must study Islam in pieces to really understand the whole. This matters, because—before long—each big US city will undoubtedly have Muslims similar to Rauf seeking to influence policies and get involved in political life, and put the imprint of Muhammad upon all they touch.

Unless we understand the grave differences between the two world views, representing not just rules, but also principles and values, we will be at severe disadvantage in defending our ancestral freedoms against incursion of foreign belief. This matters because Islam has always been a missionary religion, propagated by force and invasion. If we don’t understand its virulence and fatalistic determination, and that there is no alternative peaceful view in traditional Islam, great and quick may be our fall.

sheikyermami.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Originally posted by oozyism

Compare it to US terrorism, which killed over 100,000 innocent Japanese.

Please tell me are not trying to refer to Hiroshima? That is not a valid example of "terrorism".That was done during a declared war in which-get ready- Japan attacked us FIRST.Sorry Oozy- I admire and respect your passion, but you are really floundering....

I saw this video a few months ago. I found Number 3 interesting...

edit on 18-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

Skippy1138, good post! I was also wondering about the "100,000 innocent Japanese" that Oozyism was referring to as "American terrorism." World War II, LOL! I love that very excellent video!

SeaWind

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

LOL - Hmmm not sure whether i agree, Plus it's great spending time highlighting the fanatical one's so that the moderates may see the destruction it can cause, perhaps converting a few Muslims to Non-Muslims, and a few "Fanatical" Muslims to "Moderate" Muslims.

Ahhh, its a funny world. xD

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I think you will find this is a more accurate and enlightening appraisal of myths about islam - In the end whatever weasel words and misdirection are used, in the end you will know them by thier fruits - Islam has been on a 1400yrs spree of conquest and invasion and fully intends to conquer the entire world - as indeed they are mandated to do by the Koran, thier current tactic is a stealth demographic jihad against the Western world - with the object to 'boil the stupid infidel frog slowly' - hence the graet effort put forth by Muslim dissemblers to give the illusion that there is a moderate majority, that they are just misunderstood etc etc.

TheReligionofPeace.com Presents:

The Myths of Islam

Muslims often complain of the popular "misconceptions" about their religion in the West.

We took a hard look, however, and found that the most deeply held myths of Islam are the ones generated by Muslims and Western apologists. The only glaring exception to this is the misconception that all Muslims are alike (they aren't, of course), but even Muslims fall into this as well, as evidenced by the various contrary factions insisting that they are the true Muslims, while those who disagree with them are either infidels, hijackers, or hypocrites.

Don't be fooled! Hear the myths, but know the truth.

Islam Means 'Peace'

Islam respects Women as Equals

Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'

Islam is a Religion of Peace

Islam is Tolerant of Other Religions

Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery

Islam is Opposed to Slavery

Islam is Incompatible with Terrorism

Islam is a Democracy

The Qur'an is the Muslim Counterpart to the Bible

Islam Means ‘Peace’

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Very good, JohhnyBGood, worth re-posting!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I think you will find this is a more accurate and enlightening appraisal of myths about islam - In the end whatever weasel words and misdirection are used, in the end you will know them by thier fruits - Islam has been on a 1400yrs spree of conquest and invasion and fully intends to conquer the entire world - as indeed they are mandated to do by the Koran, thier current tactic is a stealth demographic jihad against the Western world - with the object to 'boil the stupid infidel frog slowly' - hence the graet effort put forth by Muslim dissemblers to give the illusion that there is a moderate majority, that they are just misunderstood etc etc.

TheReligionofPeace.com Presents:

The Myths of Islam

Muslims often complain of the popular "misconceptions" about their religion in the West.

We took a hard look, however, and found that the most deeply held myths of Islam are the ones generated by Muslims and Western apologists. The only glaring exception to this is the misconception that all Muslims are alike (they aren't, of course), but even Muslims fall into this as well, as evidenced by the various contrary factions insisting that they are the true Muslims, while those who disagree with them are either infidels, hijackers, or hypocrites.

Don't be fooled! Hear the myths, but know the truth.

Islam Means 'Peace'

Islam respects Women as Equals

Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'

Islam is a Religion of Peace

Islam is Tolerant of Other Religions

Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery

Islam is Opposed to Slavery

Islam is Incompatible with Terrorism

Islam is a Democracy

The Qur'an is the Muslim Counterpart to the Bible

Islam Means ‘Peace’

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Didn't see this one, nice post.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Your right about the Qur'an but that is not the whole truth so to speak. Care to explain about the hadith this is where these come from. And to further complicate things there are several diffrent interpretations such as Sunni and Shia (main reason they try to blow each other up is differences in the hadith).

You cant say its not in the Qur'an therefore doesnt exist in the religion because the hadith is the interpretation of the Qur'an, Well let me rephrase thats not exactly right not so much interpretation but statements or actions of Muhammad approved by Allah.

So your being deceptive by saying its not in the Qur'an therefore implying its not practiced by Muslims. The overwhelming majority of Muslims consider hadith to be essential supplements to and clarifications of the Qur'an, Islam's holy book, as well as in clarifying issues pertaining to Islamic law. So even though its not in the Qur'an these beliefs are well established in the religion itself.
edit on 12/18/10 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by blupblup
and far-right and anti-Islamic groups spreading fear and hatred.
edit on 18/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

I see from your Avatar that you are a Communist. Id like to take this opportunity to ask you: Do Communists generally hold the view that its not the suicide-bombers spreading fear and hatred but their American critics?

Lucid eyes, this reminds me of a comment I heard on CNN which went something like: "It's well known that the Far Left has allied itself with Islamic Extremists worldwide." (I paraphrase.)

I was watching some CNN program (a few years ago), part of it focused on an American woman (who completely flipped out after her son was killed in Iraq) and turned anti-American. She was marching in Cairo with some Anti-American Radical Muslims. That's when the CNN reporter made that comment.

Remember when Bill Ayer's wife, Bernadine Dohrn -- (both former Weather Underground bomb throwers, both still Far-Left) was spotted on that "humanitarian relief vessel" bringing supplies to Hamas? That was only a few months ago.

In short, I think you're on to something: the Far Left has joined hands with Radical Islam. Well, they're both totalitarian forms of government.
edit on 18-12-2010 by SeaWind because: corrected spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by rabzdguy

The source of Islam is not Shieks, it is GOD (hence Quran), the word of GOD.

Shieks can say what ever they like, Muslims can follow them as much as they like, man's word will never mingle with GOD's words. They can try to twist and turn as much as they like, in the end, Quran will be there to prove them wrong.

If you don't want to read the Quran and listen to Shieks, then that is not my problem, nor is it GOD's problem.

The Qu'ran is the product of ONE MAN, Muhammad. Obviously, you believe Muhammad was channeling God.
Muslims have been brainwashed from birth that their way is the ONLY way to God.

And don't bring up the misguided Christians who believe they have the ONLY WAY. They're BOTH delusional.
edit on 18-12-2010 by SeaWind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SeaWind

Finally some rational thoughts.

2nd lion.
edit on 18/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by awake_and_aware

man, i'm sure i'm going to believe everything in that link. and i'm not a huge fan of islam. but we're never going to get rid of it. that religion will probably be one of the last religions on earth, 30,000 years from now when the rest of us are flying around in hover cars. its best just to quietly support the moderate ones.

There are people out there who "think" like this?! "it's best just to quietly support the moderate ones."

The only reason Islam would be "one of the last religions on earth, 30,000 years from now" is because Islam is completely ruthless and would have succeeded in terrifying the people of the world into conversion! God forbid such a HORROR! It would be permanent DARKNESS for humankind if Islam succeeds. True spirituality could only survive UNDERGROUND in such an environment.

Know this, Islam is founded on a LIE. Muhammad was no "man of God." The Qu'ran was entirely Muhammad's creation.

This is from my old copy of the Koran:

627AD "The Jewish tribe of Qurayza raided by Mohammed; some 800 men beheaded (only one Jew abjuring his religion to save his life) and all the women and children sold as slaves."

The one Jew who survived, lived to tell. Mohammad destroyed these people because they REFUSED to accept Mohammed as "a true prophet of God."

Incidently, Muhammad was NOT able to perform miracles. He did not have the power or spiritual authority to perform miracles.

Or how about his charming story of how Muhammad spotted his favorite wife, Aisha. Aisha was only six years old when Muhammad decided that he must possess her as his wife. Muhammad was a 50 year old man at the time. Aisha's father refused, saying Aisha was too young. Muhammad was forced to wait until Aisha was nine years old, before he was allowed to marry her.

It's not certain how many wives Muhammad had, accounts vary. He had at least 14 different wives. Divorce was very easy for a Muslim man -- he was limited to only four wives at any one time. If he saw a woman he wanted to marry, he could easily divorce one of his least favorite wives to make room for the new wife.

Of course, a Muslim man could have as many SLAVE girls as he wanted. Slave girls did NOT count.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by oozyism

Your right about the Qur'an but that is not the whole truth so to speak. Care to explain about the hadith this is where these come from. And to further complicate things there are several diffrent interpretations such as Sunni and Shia (main reason they try to blow each other up is differences in the hadith).

Hadith is culture, it is not Islam.

Care to tell us what the source of Islam is?

You cant say its not in the Qur'an therefore doesnt exist in the religion because the hadith is the interpretation of the Qur'an, Well let me rephrase thats not exactly right not so much interpretation but statements or actions of Muhammad approved by Allah.

Anything which goes against Quran is unacceptable. Whether it be Mohammad's words, or Imam Hussein's words.

Hadith was certainly not for all times, anyone with a brain can see that. While it specifically states in the Quran, that Quran is for all times.

Hadith has been corrupted, that is also clear for all to see.

So your being deceptive by saying its not in the Qur'an therefore implying its not practiced by Muslims. The overwhelming majority of Muslims consider hadith to be essential supplements to and clarifications of the Qur'an, Islam's holy book, as well as in clarifying issues pertaining to Islamic law. So even though its not in the Qur'an these beliefs are well established in the religion itself.
edit on 12/18/10 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

No, the majority of Muslims believe, anything which goes against Quran is False.

Quran is the source of Islam for all times. What is Hadith? It is the teachings of Mohammad. We are talking about God's words verse Mohammad's words and in my book GOD will always out weigh Mohammad.

There is only one GOD. Mohammad is thy messenger. A messenger doesn't know all, after all, Mohammad was merely a human.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by oozyism

The reality of what Islam is working on for the US.

Non-Believers Under Muslim Law

Is only one Islam and is not peacful.

The enormous difference between ideas of equality and fairness that separate the Islamic world and the West are so colossal it defies easy explanation. In fact, we must study Islam in pieces to really understand the whole. This matters, because—before long—each big US city will undoubtedly have Muslims similar to Rauf seeking to influence policies and get involved in political life, and put the imprint of Muhammad upon all they touch.

Unless we understand the grave differences between the two world views, representing not just rules, but also principles and values, we will be at severe disadvantage in defending our ancestral freedoms against incursion of foreign belief. This matters because Islam has always been a missionary religion, propagated by force and invasion. If we don’t understand its virulence and fatalistic determination, and that there is no alternative peaceful view in traditional Islam, great and quick may be our fall.

sheikyermami.com...

Margo, it always starts with their worming their way into the legal system of the land. In the US they've been trying to make the term, "Islamic Extremist" illegal. They will press to have Sharia take precedence over the civil law of the land.

Islam is the most violent, aggressive "religion" in the world. To me, it is NOT a religion -- it is NOT a spiritual path to God and never was.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by oozyism

As per your doctrine, innocent people would only be the people following the will of Allah. It is written in the Qu'Ran to convert all non-believers. We won't be converted and we won't stand for the dogmatic nonsense quite frankly.

Read the OP, don't press reply without reading.

Matyrdom and Jihad are concepts in the QuRan, all that is needed is a misguided interpretation and you've got suicide bombers blowing children up in the name of Allah.

What do you know about Jihad? From what I know, it means struggle. Damn, why do I even bother, you don't seem to know what you are talking about :shk:

You can only derive your belief in Allah from a document, some scriptural writing. This is not evidence of the metaphysical claims of Islam, and thus not evidence of Allah even existing..

The OP has nothing to do with the above quote, even a 2 year old kid would see that.

4:89 they long that ye should not believe even as they disbelieve- take them and kill them wherever you find them. 9:123 kill the non-believers 9:29 kill the non-believers. 9:28 kill all non-believers until only islam. 2:193 slay and kill non-believers 9:5

Already been clearly answered in the OP and in the second page, read before pressing reply.

People have noticed that your posts are often short, and have an evident lack of substance, intelligence or even any polite discourse.

Much substance in the OP, try reading it for once.

These are my opinions, i have replied politely.

OK

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join