It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Myth 1: 72 virgins in Heaven

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels

Myth 3: Take over the world through forceful conversions

Myth 4: Death Sentence to apostates

These are all majority held beliefs in Islam, 2&3 relate to Islamic end-time beliefs which are required believing for all muslims.

Islamic apologists who naturally do not want you to know the truth about the real nature of Islam, will claim that this is not in the Koran, or is taken out of context, or show you a contradictory verse that is 'abrogated' -so apart from looking at the historyof Islams 1400 yrs of violence or their present day atrocities how can you make sense of what Islam really is?

What is the "real" Islam? Is it the Islam of the nice Muslim at work? Or is it the Islam of Osama bin Laden?

To get a logical answer, we must have a logical basis. What sources are available to answer the question? We can toss out the media and all of its answers since they generally quote apologist "experts". But is there an expert we can trust? Yes, there is. Mohammed.

The most fundamental statement that can be made about Islam is: there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet. This is the bedrock of Islam and points us directly to the only sure source of Islam-Allah and Mohammed. But where are Allah and Mohammed found?

The Trilogy of Koran, Sira and Hadith. Allah is found in the Koran and Mohammed is found in the Sira (his biography) and the Hadith (his traditions of small stories and sayings). There is a special name for the sum of the Sira and the Hadith, the Sunna.

How important is the Koran? It contains about 153,000 words. The Sira (by Ibn Ishaq) contains about 292,000 words, and the Hadith has 646,000 words (using the Bukhari text). So Allah is about 14% of the total of the Trilogy and the Sunna (Mohammed's words and deeds) is 86% of the total. These are only a quantitative measure, but still, it points out how important Mohammed is compared to Allah, based upon the amount of text.

This is born out further by noticing that the Koran does not contain enough information to practice even one of the Five Pillars of Islam. Only the Sunna (primarily the Hadith for religious practice) tells the Muslim how to worship. So the statistical measure shows that Islam is also Mohammedism.

www.politicalislam.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 4/12/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Hey Johhny!

Actually, these are majority held beliefs by people who have no knowledge at all about islam, and are just parroting what some anti-islam figure told them, because in their mind, they don't even need to think about it- Islam is just evil. Having some random statements that support that view aren't the evidence, they are just the confirmation of what they already knew. So no, these are certainly not "majority held beliefs" by muslims. In fact, you'll find very few muslims who believe 2 & 3 (which you singled out). As far as 4 goes, yes, a number of muslims believe that, but that is only the more conservative interpretation. As mentioned before, such a statement is not in the Quran (which in fact can be understood to say the exact opposite), and in the hadith, it is only in certain situations (AND there are situations where it was not applied, so it can't be the standard).

Also, your politicalislam website is gravely and foolishly mistaken. The Sirah (biography of Muhammad) is NOT scripture. It is NOT considered scripture at all, because, as your site fails to mention, the sirah cannot be authenticated by the muslims (so a whole lot of it could very well have been made up).
And besides that, a word comparison to ascertain importance is pretty stupid, and your website even admits that. It counts Sahih Bukhari's total words, not realising that of the around 7000 hadith in the text, there are several repeats of each incident from the perspective of different narrators, so the actual content would probably be less than a fifth of that. In fact, the website can't bring itself to admit to something that EVERY SINGLE MUSLIM EVERYWHERE would state: The Quran is the most important, MOST authoritative, of the scriptures in Islam, and the Hadith are only of secondary importance (and the Sirah are of NO scriptural importance at all).

It is an interesting tactic anyhow..the site attempts to diffuse and remove the importance of the Quran, which in many cases claims the exact opposite of what anti-islamists want to portray as Islam, and then the site increases the importance of texts and documents which have no scriptural validity at all in Islam, so that they can pick and choose unverifiable incidents from inauthentic and ancillary texts that portray islam in a bad light (to their advantage).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Look Babeloi I don't know why you keep lying about Islam, but is is perfectly easy to prove you wrong!

PEW POLL: MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS FAVOR DEATH FOR APOSTATES….www.ruthfullyyours.com...

This disturbing poll likely won’t shock too many people who have already judged Islam to be anything but the “religion of peace.” However, the poll is nonetheless extremely useful because it gives a precise, statistical breakdown from Muslim country to Muslim country and is one of the most comprehensive polls to do so in recent memory.

Or maybe you should just try reading what former muslims have to say in their own words:

My name is Bosch and I’m a recovering Muslim. That is, if Muslims don’t kill me for leaving Islam, which it requires them to do. That’s just one of the reasons I’ve been writing and drawing against Islam and its Jihad for a number of years now. But fortunately for us, Islam hasn’t been able to make every Muslim its slave, just as Nazism wasn’t able to turn every German into a Nazi. So there is Islam and there are Muslims. Muslims who take Islam seriously are at war with us and Muslims who don’t aren’t........................................www.politicalislam.com...

......................Another problem with Muslims who aren’t very Muslim is that they lead some among us to conclude that they must be practicing a more enlightened form of Islam. They’re not. They’re “practicing” life in non-Muslim countries, where they are free to live as they choose. But their “Islam” is not the Islam. There’s no separate ideology apart from Islam that’s being practiced by these Muslims in name only, there’s no such thing as “Western Islam”.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking Islam, not what random unknown people polled were talking about.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
It is a well known fact that Islam - which means to submit, bases itself on a very ancient theology.

The children of Ishmael worship the same G-d as the children of Isaac.

Allah, is derived from the Aramic "Elah" which is mentioned many times in the book of Ezra and Daniel. This in turn is derived from the Hebrew Elohim.

The 72 virgins is also rooted in kabbalistic cosmology.

There are 72 legions beneath the shekinah, or Allah. (which is feminine). These are allegorized most probably as virgins. As when one dies, you dont really look forward to having sex.

Nonetheles, radical islam is a real problem, and should be a very big concern to all true G-d fearing muslims.

You are weird and it is amusing that you think you know more about Islam than Muslims when you hate them so much.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by babloyi

Look Babeloi I don't know why you keep lying about Islam, but is is perfectly easy to prove you wrong!

PEW POLL: MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS FAVOR DEATH FOR APOSTATES….www.ruthfullyyours.com...

This disturbing poll likely won’t shock too many people who have already judged Islam to be anything but the “religion of peace.” However, the poll is nonetheless extremely useful because it gives a precise, statistical breakdown from Muslim country to Muslim country and is one of the most comprehensive polls to do so in recent memory.

Or maybe you should just try reading what former muslims have to say in their own words:

My name is Bosch and I’m a recovering Muslim. That is, if Muslims don’t kill me for leaving Islam, which it requires them to do. That’s just one of the reasons I’ve been writing and drawing against Islam and its Jihad for a number of years now. But fortunately for us, Islam hasn’t been able to make every Muslim its slave, just as Nazism wasn’t able to turn every German into a Nazi. So there is Islam and there are Muslims. Muslims who take Islam seriously are at war with us and Muslims who don’t aren’t........................................www.politicalislam.com...

......................Another problem with Muslims who aren’t very Muslim is that they lead some among us to conclude that they must be practicing a more enlightened form of Islam. They’re not. They’re “practicing” life in non-Muslim countries, where they are free to live as they choose. But their “Islam” is not the Islam. There’s no separate ideology apart from Islam that’s being practiced by these Muslims in name only, there’s no such thing as “Western Islam”.

Dude, your link is to a zionist blog. Pew has not done any liturgy based polls with Muslims on apostates. Why do people like you make these things up?

The more you try to delegitimise the more you expose yourself as a religious bigot. Islam is the fasted growing religion in the US and Europe and the converts are white people. You can't sneer that it is only black or brown people.

Quit the hate man and hug your Muslim neighbours. You might learn something.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking Islam, not what random unknown people polled were talking about.

Because the Koran is such an abstruse, jumbled up mess of contradictory and nonesensical hate filled ramblings - in the hands of practiced dissemblers it can be made to mean anything.

As you well know, what I am talking about is what most muslims actually believe and practise - as ascertained from polls conducted by professional organisations, or indeed just their conduct.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

Dude, your link is to a zionist blog. Pew has not done any liturgy based polls with Muslims on apostates. Why do people like you make these things up?

What the hell is this then!

www.pewglobal.org...-4-religion-law-and-society

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Helixer

That is link to a survey in Pakistan. Pakistan is a war zone therefore in a state of disorder. There are stories of the Holocaust of Jews eating each other because of hunger. Are you going to suggest that canibalism forms part of the Jewish faith?

Dude, give it up. It is so trasparent that you have an axe to grind against Muslims. It really is quite ugly/

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Because the Koran is such an abstruse, jumbled up mess of contradictory and nonesensical hate filled ramblings - in the hands of practiced dissemblers it can be made to mean anything.

Detractors of islam just love repeating that over and over and over again, as if doing so will make it true. Tying into my previous point about these same detractors trying their best to diffuse and reduce the importance of the Quran (and trying to inflate the importance of some chronological re-editing of the text) so that they can inflate obscure stories from secondary or even inauthentic sources that they can use to paint Islam in a bad light.

The Quran makes SEVERAL references to apostates. NONE of them call for their deaths, in fact, most of the references speak of God alone punishing them, and not man.

It isn't as "abstruse, jumbled up, contradictory, nonsensical and hate-filled" as you'd like, unfortunately. It is quite clear.
edit on 4-12-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by oozyism

I just wished more people believed as you do it would cut down on alot of violence in the world. One of the things that holds the middle east back from the economic growth they should have is in fact the hadith not to mention the different versions. If you noticed Qatar has opened up there society threw out the hadith for all intensive purposes and has become the ultimate vacation spot. They dont care about religion they care about money.

The middle east is a mess due to politics. The violence exists due to conflict, hence Iraq and Afghanistan, and the terror attacks are all related to politics and war. Violence exists in all places of conflict, the death of innocents and terrorism exists in every place of conflict and war.

The magnification of terrorism commited by Muslim is a propaganda war strategy. Demonize your enemy, DUUUH.

If the rest of the middle east would use them as an example you would find alot of problem of Muslim violence would disappear. And as a side effect you could do Christmas shopping in the kingdom center and buy Christmas decorations.

Politics mate, politics. You have to understand it.

Afghanistan was modern before US tentacles were seen in the place.

Geo politics mate..

LMAO afghanistan was modern... remember people never trust a muslim, muslims can (and will) lie for allah

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helixer

reply to post by Helixer

That is link to a survey in Pakistan. Pakistan is a war zone therefore in a state of disorder. There are stories of the Holocaust of Jews eating each other because of hunger. Are you going to suggest that canibalism forms part of the Jewish faith?

Dude, give it up. It is so trasparent that you have an axe to grind against Muslims. It really is quite ugly/

Well my bad - I thought that was the international one, here it is which quite clearly shows that the majority subscribe to death for apostasy

www.pewglobal.org...

About eight-in-ten Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan (82% each) endorse the stoning of people who commit adultery; 70% of Muslims in Jordan and 56% of Nigerian Muslims share this view. Muslims in Pakistan and Egypt are also the most supportive of whippings and cutting off of hands for crimes like theft and robbery; 82% in Pakistan and 77% in Egypt favor making this type of punishment the law in their countries, as do 65% of Muslims in Nigeria and 58% in Jordan.

When asked about the death penalty for those who leave the Muslim religion, at least three-quarters of Muslims in Jordan (86%), Egypt (84%) and Pakistan (76%) say they would favor making it the law; in Nigeria, 51% of Muslims favor and 46% oppose it. In contrast, Muslims in Lebanon, Turkey and Indonesia largely reject the notion that harsh punishments should be the law in their countries. About three-quarters of Turkish and Lebanese Muslims oppose the stoning of people who commit adultery (77% and 76%, respectively), as does a narrower majority (55%) of Muslims in Indonesia.

I do have an axe to grind with people trying to portray a false impression of Islam!

It will be sufficient to quote what the standard commentary of Baidhawi says on the first passage: "Whosoever turns back from his belief (irtada), openly or secretly, take him and kill him wheresoever ye find him, like any other infidel.

1 Mufradat-gharib-ul-Quran-lil Sheikh-ar-Raghib, p.191. Separate yourself from him altogether. Do not accept intercession in his regard." All other standard commentaries agree with Beidhawi in their comment on the verse.

answering-islam.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is all a numbers game...

We know that people corrupt religion, culture beliefs etc to forward their own personal agendas, so we can all agree that Muslins are basically like anyone else in they mainly want a good life for themselves and their families, but this is where the numbers come in though.

If we have 5% of them that push radical ideals that don't really match mainstream beliefs, but allows them to push forward their own agendas, and then we add a much larger number that sympathize with them, we end up with a rather large number of radicals that are willing to corrupt the Muslin beliefs and cultures into extremely deadly actions (suicide bombers, mass killing of families and elders, indiscriminate killings when groups form at markets, funerals, weddings etc, indoctrination of children into their false/extreme Muslin ways) with a very larger percentage that sit on the side willing to do nothing about it. We end up with a worldwide problem since we are talking 100(s) million(s) that are willing to do this. It's like a 100 million crazy mo fos that have kept nothing sacred, and are willing to do ANYTHING to meet their agendas.

We see this in Darfur, we have seen this with Christians too, BUT not in the sheer numbers we are talking about. So in the end there is about 2.5 billion Muslins I have zero issues with, but the other few 100 million I do.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Well my bad - I thought that was the international one, here it is which quite clearly shows that the majority subscribe to death for apostasy

That link is not to a Pew survey on apostasy, it is about the Hamas and Hisbullah resistence American call extremists on the behest of zionists and Israel.

You keep providing the wrong links as citations for your assertions. I think you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Give up your hating dude.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Helixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

That link is not to a Pew survey on apostasy, it is about the Hamas and Hisbullah resistence American call extremists on the behest of zionists and Israel.

No it is about support for harsh punishments (among other things):
www.pewglobal.org...

From the report:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b6847a3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Thanks for going to all that trouble and do note that the compilers of the "survey" appear to be mainly Jews;

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Andrew Kohut,
President, Pew Research Center
Pew Global Attitudes Project:

Richard Wike, Associate Director
Juliana Menasce Horowitz,
Juliana Menasce Horowitz,Senior Researcher
Jacob Poushter, Research Analyst
Mattie Ressler, Research Assistant

So if these people are Jews we can then assume they are zionist on the basis of their singular interest of Muslims and statistical analysis in the report.

It would be interesting to see the all the questions in the survey. The PDF is limited to only Pakistans and the majority of the respondents are more moderate than zionists and American evangelicals. The analysis of the statistics often refers to numbers around 20% and year on year variations of that figure that maybe 9% of the 20%. Of 100% of respondants, it comes to about 1.8% year on year changes of attitudes.

The Pew report is a con, a slight of hand and lies.

I strongly suspect such zionist controlled surveys are meant for American decision makers and designed to replace State Department research.

This is why zionist Jews are called slanderers.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Helixer

No it is about support for harsh punishments (among other things):
www.pewglobal.org...

From the report:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b6847a3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

I still can't find the stats on whippings and stonings on any of the Pew PDFs. I think it is fake. Please provide a link to a Pew report with those stats that include Nigeria, Egypt...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

I posted the wrong pdf, my mistake. Here is the correct one:
www.pewglobal.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hidden Agenda of PEW Survey

June 7, 2007 by TMO

Courtesy Abdus Sattar Ghazali

The most striking finding of the PEW Research Center’s one million dollar survey of American Muslims is that the population of the American Muslim community is no more than 2.4 million

Pew have done a number of these Muslim surveys from which the have skewed the result and created an ugly picture of Islam in a global way. The data does not correlate with the pronouncements of Pews Jews with zionist inclinations.

The firms that did the actual surveys have the data. Pew cannot distort the data because they would be exposed so they distort the interpretation.

However, the most important finding of the report regarding the demography of the American Muslims was ignored with passing reference.

Andrew Kohut, President of the Pew Research Center, insists that the PEW survey data puts an estimate of the total population at about 2.4 million–which is closer to the estimates announced by the American Jewish Committee in October 2001. The AJC study–titled Estimating the Muslim Population in the United States–claimed that the best estimate of Muslims in the United States is 2.8 million at most, compared to the 6 or 7 million figure used by many researchers and Muslim organizations.

The PEW survey, just like the AJC report, seems the latest attempt to undercut the influence of American Muslims. It looks another desperate attempt to discount the role of American Muslims.

The PEW survey, titled Muslim Americans: Middle Class and Mostly Mainstream, claims to be the most extensive, covers the views of 1,050 Muslims interviewed in English, Arabic, Urdu, and Farsi. According to Luis Lugo, director of the Pew Forum, the Washington-based organization spent $1 million on the poll. It paid $50 to each of the 1,050 Muslims surveyed.

Another area where Pew Zionist Jews lie is with regards to the population of American Muslims. To do this is very important in diminishing their importance as voters to people running for office. It is also important for misrepresenting the social problems with in the communities,

For example, a slanderous zionist Jew may say, "Look, there are only 2 million Muslims in America but 40% are in federal prisons."

In the end it is about dehumanising Muslims. World zionery in out to get Muslims, all 2.8 billion of them. Zionists envision a holocaust for Muslims and are desperate for it.

muslimmedianetwork.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Helixer

I posted the wrong pdf, my mistake. Here is the correct one:
www.pewglobal.org...

You and JohhnyBGood are always claiming to post the wrong link by mistake when called up on it. You are lying and count on people's apathy to get away with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join