It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by imperium1984
Ok...

let's look at some recent terror attacks then...

2010.12.17 Afghanistan 14killed Fourteen members of the same family are taken apart by a Taliban roadside attack on their minibus.

2010.12.16 Pakistan 1killed A child is left dead after Sunnis throw a grenade into a funeral procession.

2010.12.15 Pakistan 3 killed Sectarian Jihadis gun down two brothers and a child.

2010.12.15 Iran 41 killed 83 injured Forty-one Shias, including women and children, are blasted to death in their own mosque by a Sunni suicide bomber.

2010.12.15 Afghanistan 3 killed 9 injured Three children are disassembled by fundamentalists, who hide a bomb on a bicycle.

thats only the last four days.

Shall we continue?

At least seven Afghan civilians have been killed during the latest spate of US-led air strike in Afghanistan amid the rise in civilian casualties in the war-torn country.
www.presstv.ir...

An airstrike by foreign forces in eastern Afghanistan has left at least two Afghan soldiers dead and five others wounded, drawing the condemnation of the Afghan Defense Ministry.

www.presstv.ir...

13 injured in Japan knife rampage

www.presstv.ir...

Mexico touts progress in drug war, but death toll rises to 30,197

www.csmonitor.com...

Have you seen terror attacks in Mexico? Ohh na, they are not terror attacks, because they don't have big beards, turbans and long robes

Do you call what happened in Ruwanda as terrorism?

Oh no, they didn't have big beards, turbans and long beards therefore it couldn't be terrorism:

\Between April and June 1994, an estimated 800,000 Rwandans were killed in the space of 100 days.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Do you call what happened in Uganda terrorism?

Oh no, they didn't have big beards, turbans and long beards therefore it couldn't be terrorism.

From 1986 to 2003, the people of the Acholi region in northern Uganda were indiscriminately terrorized. More than 100,000 people were killed and more than 20,000 children abducted. These killings were managed by individuals trying to destabilize the political machinery of the Uganda state.

www.enotes.com...

How about you count how many people have died from Muslim terrorism, and compare it to European terrorism, which killed 6 million innocent Jews. Compare it to US terrorism, which killed over 100,000 innocent Japanese.

Do you want me to keep going?

Everyday, there is terrorism, funny how only Muslims are put on the spot light.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by imperium1984
reply to post by imperium1984

Oh all right then...

Attacks for 2010 ONLY

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

and 2009 ONLY

I won't go on to list all the way back to 2001 (when the source started being collated).

I'm sure you get my point.

Oh darn, why did I expect any different? You visit thereligionofpeace lol..

You are exposing yourself more and more.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If the Islamic tribes unite and challenge the status quo, ie that under the auspice of democracy and equality the mighty dollar dominates all international relations, will the average muslim accept self determination or merely follow the teachings of the uniting entity?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by oozyism

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels

have look here in the Koran 2:191-2 Massive fail Oozy!

Myth 5: Extra Tax on Non-Muslims

its called Jizya. it may not happen now but it once did! So proven not to be myth! massive fail again!

is it a habit to take the verses of the Quran out of context ?
here let me show you:

[2][190] And fight in the Way of Allâh those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allâh likes not the transgressors
[2][191] And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.
[2][192] But if they cease, then Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Massive fail for you

and regarding the jizya its much more less for the none muslims plus protection and they don't even take part in any war.
but the tax on muslims is 2.5% from their annual savings it is called zakah

read more and you will understand

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Incorrect My interpretation is 100% correct. Why is it that muslims cry wrong interpretation when something does not suit them? Pretty lame just like extremist Islam! It is you who needs to study more! I say massive failure for you! Maybe you need to read more. As I said it once existed I did not say it existed today!
edit on 18-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

the subject in hand is

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels
have look here in the Koran 2:191-2 Massive fail Oozy!

Myth 5: Extra Tax on Non-Muslims
its called Jizya. it may not happen now but it once did! So proven not to be myth! massive fail again!

1- I think that I have shown you the whole verse and proved that you have taken the verse out of context

2- the myth about the extra tax on Non-Muslims , there is no such thing as extra tax on non muslims in Islam , in fact it is much less than the tax that is imposed on the muslims , and I know that it doesn't exist right now but it used to and even if it happens in the future.

we are not talking about interpretation here , we are talking knowledge .

and excuse me for saying this and don't take it as an offence , you sir will never teach me my religion , and don't even think about it , because you just read what you want about Islam and leave the rest , but i know my religion very well cuz i was born arab muslim and come from a family that has been a muslim ever since this religion started.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by dontreally

The 72 virgin is also in the Bible.

Just to add.

Chapter and verse, please.

But I warn you in advance, you can't produce chapter and verse, because it's not in there.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

How about you count how many people have died from Muslim terrorism, and compare it to European terrorism, which killed 6 million innocent Jews. Compare it to US terrorism, which killed over 100,000 innocent Japanese.

Do you want me to keep going?

Everyday, there is terrorism, funny how only Muslims are put on the spot light.

That's funny. Only Muslims put in the spotlight? Nah. You singlehandedly make sure this doesn't happen, day after day, time after time you bring forth your examples. We get it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Wow. Just wow.

I use one site that lists all the islamic terrorist attacks since 2001 and suddenly I'm "exposing myself"?

What the hell have you been smoking?

Still. Can't really argue with the numbers, can you?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In the meantime, here's another source (I'm sure you'll argue this one as well - yet not accepting argument against the Quran, interesting)..

en.wikipedia.org...

Yep.. Terrorist attacks of all kinds there... but scan through the list and you can see most are islamic terrorists.

Your turn.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozyism - your thread made something pop in my head and I wanted to ask you about it.

Over the years some have used and twisted the words of the Bible and the Christian faith to suit their own ends. Often times to do things (or lead others to do things) that were actually against the Christian faith - but yet they claimed they were following it - and it often led to people assuming the actions of these represented the true faith of Christianity.

Would you say they same happens with Islam sometimes?

If so, what's the answer to stop it? Is for when this happens for the followers of the faith to stand up and say, "No, this person has it wrong. He says he is acting in accordance to my faith - but he is not." - or something else?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Compare it to US terrorism, which killed over 100,000 innocent Japanese.

Please tell me are not trying to refer to Hiroshima? That is not a valid example of "terrorism".That was done during a declared war in which-get ready- Japan attacked us FIRST.Sorry Oozy- I admire and respect your passion, but you are really floundering....

I saw this video a few months ago. I found Number 3 interesting...

edit on 18-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by dontreally

The 72 virgin is also in the Bible.

Just to add.

Where is that at?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Er. I didn't write that line. Why are you quoting me saying I did?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by imperium1984

All better now.....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I typically disagree with you on many issues, but I agree with you on this.

I do disagree with Islam as a religion, but it's enough to disagree with it on factual premises. Thank you for clarifying something about your religion.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The defamation and inflamation of Islam is in one of the favorable outcomes of the spy-op 911.

Islam was, and strangely still is, gaining the most converts of any religion in the world before 911

It probably has gone down since 911 because of all the bad publicity about Islam.

Fundamentalist radical Islam is ugly just like all fundamentalist radical religions.

There are such groups in Christianity, Judaism, and even Hinduism [recall a radical Hindu assassinated Ghandi] though they are not publicized now because the government of the US nor any government has not performed a spy-op to defame and inflame the religion as has been done to Islam.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think you will find this is a more accurate and enlightening appraisal of myths about islam - In the end whatever weasel words and misdirection are used, in the end you will know them by thier fruits - Islam has been on a 1400yrs spree of conquest and invasion and fully intends to conquer the entire world - as indeed they are mandated to do by the Koran, thier current tactic is a stealth demographic jihad against the Western world - with the object to 'boil the stupid infidel frog slowly' - hence the graet effort put forth by Muslim dissemblers to give the illusion that there is a moderate majority, that they are just misunderstood etc etc.

TheReligionofPeace.com Presents:

The Myths of Islam

Muslims often complain of the popular "misconceptions" about their religion in the West.

We took a hard look, however, and found that the most deeply held myths of Islam are the ones generated by Muslims and Western apologists. The only glaring exception to this is the misconception that all Muslims are alike (they aren't, of course), but even Muslims fall into this as well, as evidenced by the various contrary factions insisting that they are the true Muslims, while those who disagree with them are either infidels, hijackers, or hypocrites.

Don't be fooled! Hear the myths, but know the truth.

Islam Means 'Peace'

Islam respects Women as Equals

Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'

Islam is a Religion of Peace

Islam is Tolerant of Other Religions

Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery

Islam is Opposed to Slavery

Islam is Incompatible with Terrorism

Islam is a Democracy

The Qur'an is the Muslim Counterpart to the Bible

Islam Means ‘Peace’

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Please tell me are not trying to refer to Hiroshima? That is not a valid example of "terrorism".That was done during a declared war in which-get ready- Japan attacked us FIRST.Sorry Oozy- I admire and respect your passion, but you are really floundering....

So it is okay in a "declared war" to mass target and murder civilians in the thousands? America declares war on Iraq first, so it is okay for Iraqi soldiers to destroy and slaughter the American CIVILIAN population?

While completely unrelated to Islam, and probably not related directly to "terrorism", and arguably not what America is about now (although many would disagree), I still find it amazingly depressing that there are still some out there who DEFEND what America did there...

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Whatever your message is, Sharia law should not be tolerated in a free democratic society. The irrational prejudice it causes should be treated with great concern to the members of society who wish to remain as free as can be.

You say you want to spread it peaceful, we are already peaceful in the Western world, we do not wish to have theocracy encroaching on our secular society, imposing laws.

Superstitious, metaphysical claims should remain as a faith, and not enter into state matters.

Just remember secular democratic society has braught on the rights of women, men, blacks and minorities, homosexuals. Can theocratic societies in the middle east honestly say the same?

Yet they come here where we have more freedom and wish to take it away and educate our children with the belief in the invisible.

I say this is evil and irrational.
Thanks
edit on 18/12/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join