It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Myth about Islam

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by ShakeNBake

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by dontreally

The 72 virgin is also in the Bible.

Just to add.

Really Where? Dont say something without showing proof.

Read the story of Adam and Eve.

Second line.

I have, and it doenst say anything about 72 virgins. I dont know where you get ur facts from because it obviously isnt the Bible.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
hey, where in the bible can we find the 72, please....
must have a source or else it's hear-say

Originally posted by Freeborn
where is the chapter and verse in The Bible that you allege speaks of the 72 virgins, several members have requested it.

I'm sure they did, and you have the irony to mock Muslims ?
Would ten do ? lol
10 virgins
Matthew 25 :1
1 “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
BTW the "72" as being in the Qur'an is a myth.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
LOL Oozy is at it again,

You say that Muslims don't want to kill the "infidels",

I have proof to the contrary,

Muslims don't want to take over the world??? LMAO

It seems that you are the one who has been blinded by you religion thinking that the "Quran" and Islam is the perfect message from God.

You senselessly attack America and Europe, yet when someone tries to point out the flaws in Islam you call it being "brainwashed"??

You are one-sided seeing the flaws in everything else yet proclaiming your own religion to be perfect.

Trust me, I used to be like you but it is a good thing that I actually opened my mind to other possibilities and escaped the shackles of Islam.

edit on 19-12-2010 by Steam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

It is about time I see some Crows Zero on a forum site. I love that movie!

Also, OP, I checked out the epic fails, so no star for you, but I flagged, because this is real good information.
edit on 19-12-2010 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Ann Coulter: We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war. Newspaper Column, September 2001.

Pat Buchanan: Our culture is superior. Our culture is superior because our religion is Christianity and that is the truth that makes men free. Speech to the Christian Coalition, September 1993

Gary DeMar: The long term goal [is] the execution of abortionists and parents who hire them. If we argue that abortion is murder, then we must call for the death penalty. Ruler of the Nations (1987)

Christian Terrorism

There are as many quotes in the bible about killing non believers, in fact more.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Plus numerous other quotes.

ALL 3 "Main" Religions are violent and evil and barbaric.

All condone killing non-believers and adulterers and thieves and just about anybody for any reason.
edit on 19/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 19/12/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Well It's nice to see all your off topic posts have been removed .

There is absolutely no reason not to have an intelligent conversation
within all parties as an learning experience. *smiles*
but seriously,
getting on a name calling banter with no one making an effort
to stop it, just spoil the forum. That must stop on all accounts.
(besides ATS does have some interesting posts, so lets keep it that way)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

I know... you're right.
It's just annoying to have someone posting 10 times more than anyone and adding literally nothing to the discussion.

It's pointless.

You're right, a debate/discussion works better when people listen and respond to one another.

Which is what I said a few pages back.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Oozyism,

Regardless of my personal opinions on lots of things relating to Islam, I appreciate your post and the time you have taken to guide us through the myths and possible origins.

In relation to the subsequent videos that are supporting the myths, I can understand that there is always a problem with individual interpretation - it's no different from saying that the Bible teaches love and tolerance for everyone, then showing a video of the Westboro Baptist Church teaching that "God hates fags" and that homosexuals should be executed.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You clearly didn't do any homework, you simply want to take a point of view and selectively quote your sources.

1) YUSUFALI: In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-
PICKTHAL: Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinni will have touched before them.
SHAKIR: In them shall be those who restrained their eyes; before them neither man nor jinni shall have touched them. Source: Qur'an 55:56

YUSUFALI: And (there will be) Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes,-
PICKTHAL: And (there are) fair ones with wide, lovely eyes,
SHAKIR: And pure, beautiful ones,
Source: Qur'an 52:20

YUSUFALI: We have created (their Companions) of special creation.
PICKTHAL: Lo! We have created them a (new) creation
SHAKIR: Surely We have made them to grow into a (new) growth,

YUSUFALI: And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), -
PICKTHAL: And made them virgins,
SHAKIR: Then We have made them virgins,
Source: Qur'an 56:35-56:36

This is after brief, cursory research. Granted, it says nothing about 72, then again it took be all of 3 minutes to come up with this information.

Like the bible, much in the Qur'an is left to interpretation. Therefore, we are left to judge the actions of those who follow the bible or the Qur'an. I haven't seen too many Christians blowing themselves up in the name of Yahweh. I don't see Christians dancing in the streets when Muslims are killed. I personally don't know of any Christians who say all non-Christians are "infidels". Sure, you can go out there and selectively, hand-pick a few "Christians" who are psychotic. They also might wear brown shoes. That doesn't mean the brown shoes caused them to be psychotic. In other words, it is clearly the exception rather than the rule.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Likening heaven to 10 virgins going to meet a bridegroom is completely different to oozy's allegation that the Islamic tale of martyr's rewards in heaven including 72 virgins also being in The Bible.

oozy asks for sources when it suits him yet has failed to supply any source for his own allegation.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
At the end of the day the intelligencia divide us through religion, politics colour, creed ..we all bleed love our kids and go to the toilet ...Islam a violent belief, is christianty just as bad ..of course it is as both create divisions...and politics play their game ...yet what people forget is we are all the same...we are fed crap told what to believe..and any religious book is open to interpretation depending on bias agenda..yet all this is total garbage...human to human we seem to concentrate on what divides ..not what unites...

Being human we all have a common cause ...for the average Jo bloggs its getting enough for what we need, to feed our kids and ourselves, have some stability in our lives, that there is a future..yet our future is dictated by lunatics ..be it from religious lunatics ..with their following of violent morons that blieve an interpretation of some "book" or the politicians who spin another load of crap....

But what gets me is the average Jo is sucked into the crap.....we hate collectively but not individually..
Typical anology the Asian with the corner shop in the UK ...could be Muslim could be Sikh...these guys are just making a living ...nothing more or less...they are just ordinary people ...yet because of a small minority their lives can be made hell...just because of a book or colour associated with a collective!!..its bloody stupid!!

Oozy ...read many of your posts .... I am a simple man, my use of words and arguing a debate are limited, , however, I have a gift of reading between the lines...you are articulate and very intelligent...and you have the gift for interpreting the Koran that is palatable to non believer to excuse atrocities, however, I am sure you understand that your brothers have an ..agenda....will you rise up against your brothers and protest when things get to a stage that in any country, human rights are being taken in the name of Islam...I think not as you know where your interests are.... and you know the implications of kicking back....you can argue all you want about the pure interpretation of what the book says, and what is the pure interpretation is, howver, when it comes to it you will do as you are told...nothing wrong with that...you have to protect yourself and your own...the USA has an agenda ..and so does Islam...to me they are the same ....a power to divide and conquer...the average Yank will not rise up to protest...and niether will the averge Muslim...and you sir ..manipulate truth ..just as the yanks do!!....

Personally I reckon religion politics are a crock of S**T and such people as you will manipulate and sanitize...there are great wrongs in this world excused by politics, religion....and we have forgot our humanity..Like said we all bleed the same colour and we all love our family..and we all go for a c**p..

I am sick to death of the politicians, religous lunatics creating divisions because of vested interest/agendas..people should wake up...at the bottom of the pile we want none of this crap!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So basically bring forth the evidence that SUPPORTS your claims, and ignore everything that goes against it? Youre cherry picking the text. If you're going to use the Quran to make your point, why not use the entire thing, not just the stuff that suits your purpose?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Well that's the thing.... It's all divide and conquer and keep people afraid and suspicious of one another.

That's the way it's always been and that's the way it will always be until, as you say, people realise they are all the same, all want the same for their family and loved ones.

We are all in the same boat... all humans and all have the same fears and dreams.

The sad thing is that people are just tribal.... It's the way it is.... but those with an agenda play on this... like the media and hate groups.

If it wasn't religion it would be colour, if not colour then language or country you're from, if not that then height or size, if not that then hair colour, if not that then wealth... if not that then something else...

All of these things are causes for arguments and intolerance.... people just pick a side and only see the differences instead of the similarities.

It's all just a big distraction to keep people afraid and to consume and to not ask questions.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
^ ^ ^ true and to add the $ $ $ made from wars
while the little guy gets the short end of the stick.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Exactly... and look at who makes money from wars... who gets all the weapons contracts and so on.

Most don't see it, don't care or don't want to know... they're happy hating the imaginary enemy that the media creates for them..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I just wish so much people woke up ....to the lies and interepretions ....getting sick of it..we have no need for religious leaders, polticians..because at the end of the day ..all we at the bottom need is truth ..not what we are told to believe....

Islam, the Bible ..in fact any book what written by one man..and we put people in power that interpret and tell us ..this is what the book says....what a load of crap!!..

Then we have the Politicians saying this is how the world is...

All total crap!!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
yay someone posted real facts for once!
So many people are racist against Islamic nations, why? i dont know. Much like why white southerns hate blacks, or nazis hate jews.

Little do few realize, that we are all the same, in our own way we are stuck up, we believe our own thing, and apperntly (genetically inferiour) will hate for no reason, which is a product of stupidity, i hope one day intellgence rules and governs all.

No hate, no racism, just logic.

EDIT: All organized religions have a few crazies (believe this or die, kinda approach)
But really no one knows anything about what happens when you die, so really all reilgion is ,a big guess. Nothing more, there could be nothing, or a new life. You dont know, so to pretend that you do, is to say you are completely mentally insane.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Anthony1138 because: Adding an edit

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I did not say that, nor would I even imply such. I am however stating that many of what is viewed, ultimately comes from the mouths of clerics and their followers following along, along with the facts as stated and reported on by different sources beyond what is on the mainstream news organizations.
It is the role of the Ulama, or the Islamic Scholars, that are often the arbiters of Shari’ a law, and are often well versed in legal jurisprudence. It is the Ulama, that are the teachers in the religious schools, that teach the students, it is the foundation to the Theocracy in Iran, the justice in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. They are often the ones who hold the different positions in a mosque, delivering sermons and are seen moving to other countries to try to spread Islam to other countries. And ultimately it is the Ulama that considers themselves the Ijma or the consensus of the Islamic Muslim communities in different countries.
So there you have it, it is ultimately the clerics and those that study Islam that are guiding the community at large, and it will either be by their hand that peace can be achieved, or a further wedge driven between the Islamic world and the western one.
And it was the Ulama that decided to issue decrees of death to all of the artists in the western world, that dared offend the Islamic communities.
After all only the clerics and the Ulama, are the only ones who can issue a Fatwah.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join