It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give "War on Terror" a rest Bush!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What really has gotten on my nerves is the fact that in every speech or press conference if I'm not mistaken, Bush has to mention defeating the "War on Terrorism." He mentions that more than improving our economy or our education. I'm sick of hearing it. I get it already. Why do you have to mention it in every speech you give Bush? Why not mention more about improving our economy or giving more to education? Anybody agree with me?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How about the fact all the news talks about the weapons in Iraq/terrorist cells in Iraq/Suddam... but what about the fighting going on in Afganistan? You know, where Al Quida is supposed to be.

Can't we just use a line from the War on Drugs? "Just say No"

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
How about the fact all the news talks about the weapons in Iraq/terrorist cells in Iraq/Suddam... but what about the fighting going on in Afganistan? You know, where Al Quida is supposed to be.

Can't we just use a line from the War on Drugs? "Just say No"

I couldn't agree with you more Soothsayer but Bush wants to call the "War on Terrorism" in almost every speech and press conference he gives. I try my hardest not to listen anymore because I know it's going to be the same subject everytime and sure enough it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You have to understand that bushes speeches are not written by him, does anybody remember during his campaign his favorite phrase was the compassioned America, well it got so old that people started to think something was wrong with him, after that he move on to "war on terrorism" I guess after 2 years is starting to stink, perhaps he needs to remained himself the reason for going to war was to fight "terrorism" so he can sleep better at night, I wonder what the next phrase will be if he wins the elections again, remember we will have to hear it for the next 4 years.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
some "war on terror"!!

just read Iraqis were marching with rocket launchers
this week, chanting pro-Saddam rhetoric in Iraq.

nice how they are going to grant amnesty to
people who killed Americans, too...

too bad Bush doesn't declare "war on half-assed invasions which cause Bin Laden's followers to mulitply in the millions"

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
bushblows, I like the way you think I feel the same, but it is a lot of people that will argue about Iraq and terrorism, but the true is we are not better than before Iraq. Actually we are worst.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dubya's use of the "War on Terror" phrase is almost as bad as the 'Yellow Alert" scam pulled by the Homeland Security boys.

PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION

Tell the people something as many times as you can and as often as you can and eventually they will come to believe everything you say. Maintain an artificially created level of fear amongst the populace and Bob's your uncle!

Artificially created to trick the citizens of the USA in giving up their freedoms and constitutional rights, living with more and more restrictions on behalf of the new quasi-police state and accepting the fact that they must pay out $$$$ in taxes not for schools, poverty and health care but for cluster bombs and depleted uranium.

All to keep Americans safe within their own prison....I mean borders

new topics

top topics

join