It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Madness of a Lost Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I highly suggest you watch this, its only 4 minutes and very compelling.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That's a really good video, with a great message. Though I wish he hadn't mentioned the missile...I would definitely post this on Facebook (not that anyone ever watches or reads what I post anyway) if it didn't have that little bit in there. Not that I don't believe it, I'm just not sure, but most people will turn it off the second they see that.

Good post otherwise. Thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have to dissagree. The video is in bad taste. The whole missile thing , which was a contrail, is what did it for me. This is more fear mongering for the masses. While I do agree we are heading downhill to collapse, I do feel these propaganda videos are damaging to the wake up cause.
This is my opinion, and I respect and thank you for posting the video.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
And people come on here: "I don't know why you idiots have so many guns".??
what are you afraid of? The police can protect you..
Wait until something really important starts to become short Like food instead of xbox27's...
I hardly leave the house much anymore as it is..
People are pretty mindless.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
WHY does this video look exactly like what is being said all across ATS?
:p

But in all seriousness.
I stayed at home on black friday.
It's really sad that this is what people look forward to.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Makes ya wonder what else they inject the turkeys with!
)

I was at the Renaissance Festival on Black Friday and had the the best time because all the idiots were fighting over useless junk. There were no lines, no waiting or large crowds!

I never participate in the nasty madness that is BF. It doesn't make sense to me, that one day you are giving thanks to God and celebrating family only to turn around and become a barbarian the following day!

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This isn't just about Black Friday. My mom had it figured out a long time ago, God rest her soul.

I didn't understand back then, but now I get it. You may avoid BF, but if you buy a truckload of Christmas presents every year, you too are a victim of NWO brainwashing.

When someone's birthday comes around, do you feel "compelled" to buy a gift or throw a party? If so, you have been brainwashed by the NWO. Same goes for Valentines, Mother's Day, Father's Day, --- whatever the occasion, if you feel satisfied in just buying something instead of doing something for the celebrant, then you have been brainwashed by the PTB.

If you feel like life isn't worth living without having to buy all the trinkets, gadgets, foods and medicines they push on tv, then you have been brainwashed ........

Most of the people I know have this disease -- except me. Everyday is an excuse to do something nice for a family member, friend or neighbour -- but don't expect me to get excited about any occasion that the PTB has convinced you requires you to go buy something unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this video.

Seriously, all "missle issues" aside,
it blatantly underlines the way the vast majority of
drones in the country say how high whenever they see
an ad to jump before its too late for really cheap crap.

The behavior displayed is embarrassing to Americans.
The commentary really hits home when one ponders really
how absolutely clueless the average populance are.

Think of how many of those people used credit cards instead
of cash, just because things were "such a great deal" they
couldn't pass them up. They promise themselved they will "pay it off"
before the next due date, so no interest is accumulated, then forget
all about it, keeping on their minimum payments.
Or worse, they count on their tax returns to pay off Christmas debt
every year. I personally know quite a few people who do that.

Christmas in our home is centered on our faith. Yes, we get gifts
for our children, however, they are things needed and thoughtful gifts-
and certainly no avalanche- everything is appreciated, and nothing is
forgotten about within the week, or destroyed due to lack of appreciation
or real interest. Our children also get silver coins every Christmas and have
saved them.

It amazes me how many people buy tons of presents just so the tree
looks bountiful and nobody "get more" than anyone else. I have heard
parents lament that their children actually "count" the gifts, to be sure
a sibling didn't "beat them" or get more- despite the different values of said
gifts. Great teaching lesson- greed, avarice, and no goodwill toward men...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

I was quite literally appauled when I attended a Christmas celebration at my (then) girlfriend's house and you could barely walk around the room where the tree was becaue virtually the entire floor was covered with presents. When it came time to open them it was a frantic free for all with paper flying everywhere and barely a few seconds spent with any one present before throwing it and ripping open the next.

It was a disgusting scene.

Sheep are happy to follow the flock. Those people were happy
too, I think, for the moment anyway. Needless to say, that girlfriend and I did not make it thru the long haul.
Now for me the next step is going to be finding some freedom from association with the banking cartels; even tho, to my knowledge VISA Canada did not stop payments to Wikileaks. Maybe a nice credit union that does most of its business locally, if such a thing even exists.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I get a kick out of threads like this where those in "ideological ivory towers" look down upon the masses.

"Those people" depicted in the video are American citizens. They represent the diverse tapestry of our rich culture. (just trying to save some dough, albeit mob mentality stye) They are firefighters and nurses, police officers and members of the military.. And while I didn't participate in Black Friday and share the concerns of what a corporate/capitalistic/consumerist society we've become, I don't like living in caves either.

I found the tone of the video a bit elitist and highly judgmental. I too feel that America has lost her way. But we are resilient and robust and can salvage this great country and land with our abundance of natural resources and good old fashioned ingenuity. I am no Pollyanna but feel our brightest days lie ahead, the glass is half full.

While the message in the video is compelling as Marshall Mchulan would say, "The medium IS the Message." (look it up) A video crafted by high technology requiring electricity on a computer posted on the internet. ha ha.

Sorry for the rant, in short: It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

We can fix this peeps.

Regards....kk
edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos

edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos2

edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos3

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I get a kick out of threads like this where those in "ideological ivory towers" look down upon the masses.

"Those people" depicted in the video are American citizens. They represent the diverse tapestry of our rich culture.

(Nice try) Very nice phrasing (though): " a diverse tapestry of culture": All painted over by a huge ugly splash of "Gimmee Gimmee mine!"

elitist or not its simply disgusting. For plastic crap they save 20%
on so they can buy more even more crap.

You're going to step on somebodies head to get an Ipod??? it's horrid

Lets call a "spade" a "spade" here.

Originally posted by kinda kurious[/i
(just trying to save some dough, albeit mob mentality stye) They are firefighters and nurses, police officers and members of the military.. And while I didn't participate in Black Friday and share the concerns of what a corporate/capitalistic/consumerist society we've become, I don't like living in caves either.

I found the tone of the video a bit elitist and highly judgmental.

Somethings deserve to be "judged"

Originally posted by kinda kurious:
I too feel that America has lost her way. But we are resilient and robust

Simple Observation would prove otherwise: we are "morally bankrupt; corrupt and greedy"...we denigrate women as sex objects every 30 seconds on the tube to sell toothpaste and beer and plastic crap .. '
" I wanna ride on your disco stick???""

Sorry to side track your rant with a bit of my own this a.m. .If you were to remember life as it was in the "pre-historic" 60's you'd recognize just how deep the stink goes today.

I like your "light a single candle optimism";but:
If we make excuses and don't recognize the dimming of the bulb we won't change it before it burns out completely.

Originally posted by kinda kurious:
and can salvage this great country and land with our abundance of natural resources and good old fashioned ingenuity. I am no Pollyanna but feel our brightest days lie ahead, the glass is half full.

While the message in the video is compelling as Marshall Mchulan would say, "The medium IS the Message." (look it up) A video crafted by high technology requiring electricity on a computer posted on the internet. ha ha.

Sorry for the rant, in short: It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

We can fix this peeps.

Regards....kk
edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos

edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos2

edit on 18-12-2010 by kinda kurious because: typos3

edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE because: schpelling

edit on 18-12-2010 by 46ACE because: fine tuning

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Yeah, but we don't know anything about those people..

They might be rushing to get that $198 laptop to sign onto ATS

Times are hard, life is expensive and once a year the stores offer a huge discount.. I don't see what's wrong with it..

I agree that consumerism isn't the greatest, but there's nothing wrong with having nice things.. I love my big screen tv and my xbox 360.. Sheep or not, I'm happy

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One more thing:

This video shows perfectly why the elite are afraid of us..

They are afraid of chaos and disorder, but we will go through a riot to get a $7 toaster

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is a great video! Thanks for posting it.
You know what is funny?
Those that don't think this is actually happening are the flock.

I published this thread:
232 million vs. 132 million. Are we gathering for the wrong things?
A few days after Black Friday.
Sadly, it wasn't popular.

People just don't see it and get it.
Americans LOVE money and anything that happens to be associated with it.
All 232 million of them.
Its all a distraction.

new topics

top topics

join