It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DREAM ACT will be decided in the Senate tomorrow morning!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
A truly great Bill.

this will give peace of mind to many illegals who escape to the US for a better life.

I am glad to see such a bill.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Whatever...

We shall find out in couple of hours if Dream Act will be passed or not.

Truthfully, I don't really mind Dream Act being passed as it gives citizenship to kids who crossed into the US boarder with their parents....(despite my opposition in principal, I do empathize with kids who illegally crossed the US boarders under the age of 16 with their parents)

On the other hand, I don't want this bill to be passed, which legalizes illegitimacy and gives citizenship.....which will then encourage more illegals enter the US, illegitimazing the integrity of the US laws.

But whatever results occurs today in the senate, I hope that there shall be no more amnesty bills. No more bill such as "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" B.S.

Sincerely.
edit on 18-12-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

CLOSE THE BROADERS HURR DURR!!

THEY TUKKKK ERR JERBS HURR DURR!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
In all seriousness I'm done arguing with you non-clear thinking individuals.

Here is the bill if you all wish to read it.

www.opencongress.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sorry 2 years in a college or military isn't enough, it should be a mandatory 4 years at least IMHO.... At 2 years they're basically just getting out of basic training more than half of them problem will never be oversees!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 18-12-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
DREAM act is not amnesty.

Amnesty grants you citizenship for nothing, however DREAM act requires persons that entered the U.S. before 15 and are younger than 30 to attend college for 2 years (paying out-of state tuition) or serve in the U.S. Army for 2 years, additionally they would be required to pay numerous fees. Also they would only become conditional-non immigrants...not even permanent residents, they would have to wait 13 years before they become PR.

They also won't be able to sponsor family and they would also not qualify for any federally funded welfare program or grants.

As a United States Citizen, and taxpayer I proudly support the Dream Act, because it's a bill about fairness.
edit on 12/18/2010 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

Muse7, if the info you just posted is correct (I don't have time right now to research this -- I thought this bill was delayed until next year -- leave it to the corrupt Congressional creeps to sneak this thru just before Christmas) then the REAL purpose of this bill is to fill the US Army. There are more wars to come. Iran anyone? Let the Mexicans die for our country.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They made the mistake of thinking America might be a land of hope and opportunity. And that by working hard in school they might be able to better themselves.

But thanks to the Republicans that America no longer exists.

The fears and hatreds that drive this country disgust me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It seems this discussion ended where all liberal arguments end......

If you do not follow their belief system, you are an idiot.

Typical.

By the way, I would not mind if 500 million people immigrated here, as long as not ONE DIME of my money when to them.

How bout that, if amnesty is given, not ONE DIME of money ever goes to them or anyone else for that matter.

BF said it best,

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

Seems the liberals have gotten the tenet of that quote, you can bribe the idiots with life on the plantation. Hows it feel to be a slave?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
It seems this discussion ended where all liberal arguments end......

If you do not follow their belief system, you are an idiot.

Typical.

By the way, I would not mind if 500 million people immigrated here, as long as not ONE DIME of my money when to them.

]

Also, we are not talking about day laborers here. We are talking about college graduates who will compete in the job markets against people who are here legally. I am not a republican or a democrat.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
so more people will need to pay taxes that probably already work? ohhhh noooooooooooo!

I agree with you though, its not like we are a country that's founded on immigration.

With how great everything has been going, we should be so lucky to have people want to even come her in my opinion.

That's incorrect. Many of them may be working off the book. Many will claim earned income credits because they don't make enough to even pay any taxes. In fact, they will get a tax refund. The only way they can get taxed is to working for a company that does everything by the book.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

No, really, I have been behind this bill for months since it was killed before the mid term elections to try again now after.

This bill will grant the rights to children no born in the US from immigrants and illegals to have their education been pay by tax payer dollars.

Taking into consideration that we have been extending unemployment benefits for the last two years because is not jobs in the US I don't see how this people will contribute with taxes.

Still legalizing this sector of the illegals in the US will cost more to the still working class in the nation.

Many will qualify for Obama extended Medicaid and welfare programs.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is war!” claims Phoenix student Aldemar Cruz. “Republicans may have stopped the DREAM Act, but they won’t prevent La Reconquista from happening. “White people, watch out!”

Quote:
“Latinos need to fight back. We need to march. We need to scream. If necessary, we need to riot. We need to do everything Blacks did to get their civil rights!”

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

It is wrong, and I don't think it will pass. Maybe eventually and after modifications it will, but not like it is. And IMO it is wrong to be considering making any illegal elligible for any benefit.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Dream act did not pass today....

I really felt bad for those illegal immigrants who were full of hope which was cut down miserably today.

edit on 19-12-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
These illegal immigrants who came as youth are now in a catch 22-like situation. Remaining in the USA as an illegal alien is no good, Nor moving back to their poor countries is good.....

The only true solution is to completely secure the boarders.

-Force E-verify programs for all employment!!!

-Force proof of citizenship for enrolling kids from elementary, middle, high to college!!!

-Get rid of the 14th amendment which was meant for former African American slaves!!!

-etc etc etc.....

We need laws which will completely and utterly deincentivize the illegal aliens to come to the US.

After some of these strong measure come to pass, can we actually give legal citizenships to those here.
I mean this makes sense.

edit on 19-12-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
YAYYYY the Dream Act did not pass! There is still a little hope left for America after all haha..... Like I said if you want to give amnesty to these illegal invaders have them do a 4 year run in our military, if they can bleed for america then they are good enough to live here in my book..... Maybe after they get out of the military they'll be waiving the american flag rather than the mexican one claiming to be an american citizen!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join