It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FaceBook's Zuckerberg calls users "dumb%*$&s" for trusting him with data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
www.theregister.co.uk...

This is Time's man of the year. A real piece of work that didn't do anything to change the world. Now new leaked documents show that he has a complete disdain for his customer's trust.

Some chat logs from 4 years ago were recorded and disseminated by The Register.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb #s

Someone deleted Tom off his MySpace
Maybe he was a loser back at Harvard and just wanted to show the top dogs how stupid they are?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I deleted my facebook yesterday. Actually deleted, not just deactivated it.
Feels good.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I remember when facebook was only for college kids. It should have stayed that way.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I think hes a smart guy, and is worried about why so many people are so dumb and ignorant when it comes to their own security.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I was actually amazed that this guy of all people, would be called man of the year.

He has got to be the worst most meaningless man of the year ever; and im including hitler.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

amazing what you have to go through to actually delete it.

I did it a few years ago myself aswell.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't really see a problem with this, let's be honest, most of us talk that way behind closed doors with friends.

Hell, they are idiots for giving the man their SSN thinking they could trust him because he's some website creator, god forbid he points out the obvious

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.defamer.com.au... in case anyone is interested in reading the story.

Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg puts it this way:
“Mark really does believe very much in transparency and the vision of an open society and open world, and so he wants to push people that way. I think he also understands that the way to get there is to give people granular control and comfort. He hopes you’ll get more open, and he’s kind of happy to help you get there. So for him, it’s more of a means to an end. For me, I’m no as sure.”

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

FaceBook's Zuckerberg calls users "dumb%*$&s" for trusting him with d

Hahaha damn... I have ZERO respect for him or facebook (no im not a member) but you have to admire
his arrogance on this issue..
However, it will make absolutely NO difference as people will either just laugh at what he said or just discount it all together.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So the creator of facebook called facebook users dumb asses.

and?

He would be absolutely right. lol

facebookers/myspacers/twitter'ers...
for the most part.. are all dumb asses.

Nothing to argue about there.

Masses of individuals who are just plain

One of, if not thee largest social engineering scheme ever..
and everyone just willingly, and happily participates and accepts!

"ohh, sign me up, sign me up!"
"Sounds awesome!"

It's ok..
EMBRACE YOUR DAMAGE.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

So what exactly is bad about Facebook? Last time I checked people weren't posting their SS numbers, bank account numbers, or anything the government already doesn't know...paranoid much?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
I was actually amazed that this guy of all people, would be called man of the year.

He has got to be the worst most meaningless man of the year ever; and im including hitler.

My wife told me just this morning (hence this is why I'm bringing up this old thread) that the local conspiracy guy at her work said that the reason why Zuckerberg got the MOTY was a thank you nod from the TPTB (or CIA, FBI, whomever) for creating this tool (Facebook) where it's much easier to keep track of people. It almost makes sense. Give him hush money (billions), fame, etc. so he won't talk - and how easy it would it be to track what people are doing (pics), talking about (wall) and LIKE. Some people go so far as to fill out their entire BIO - but if the governement or TPTB are really looking into this site and gathering info, all they would need is your name - they should already have all the other pertinent info from public domain documents - what they don't know about you is what you like, who you like, what you do or what you're currently doing.
edit on 3-2-2011 by BishopLord because: SSN shouldn't be public domain, so I removed that reference

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Every empire in history was destroyed by the barbarians its intellectually elite created.

thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
I don't really see a problem with this, let's be honest, most of us talk that way behind closed doors with friends.

Hell, they are idiots for giving the man their SSN thinking they could trust him because he's some website creator, god forbid he points out the obvious

Couldn't agree more, and I've never given him any of *MY* information for this very reason. I don't give it to Yahoo either. In fact, ATS has got a lot more of a complete picture of me than any other website. In review, this is probably not a good thing...

In the end, he's obviously been a lot more successful by society's standards than myself, and all these chat logs reveal to me, is that he's not under any illusions or drowning in idealism. He's honest, and I have to agree, not only with Gakus above, but with Zuckerberg himself. If you're going to post your life story on Facebook, or anywhere on the internet for that matter, then wear your scarlet letter with ignorant pride.

Originally posted by BishopLord
My wife told me just this morning (hence this is why I'm bringing up this old thread) that the local conspiracy guy at her work said that the reason why Zuckerberg got the MOTY was a thank you nod from the TPTB (or CIA, FBI, whomever) for creating this tool (Facebook) where it's much easier to keep track of people....

More than "kinda" makes sense, seems obvious to me. I suspect, that very little of Zuckerbergs net worth comes from Facebook itself. The data collected by Facebook however, is the golden nugget. The site is merely the sluice box.
edit on 2/3/2011 by Unit541 because: add additional response

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Originally posted by Nventual
I deleted my facebook yesterday. Actually deleted, not just deactivated it.
Feels good.

How do you delete it? I was not aware one could, only deactivate. I would love to delete mine.

Thanks in advance
edit on 3-2-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Feels much better that I dont take face book too serious..

top topics

join