It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close out [your] accounts at Bank of America - WL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

" We ask that all people who love freedom close out .......'

"freedom" That is an unusual word to relate to banking. How does banking at BofA affect one's freedom? I am looking forward to seeing that connection explained when the leaks are released.
edit on 12/20/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Thus even though you pay them to keep track, you have to keep a separate ledger with your real account total (like the Banks real number account) an old fashoned paper checkbook or personal computer ledger .

Somewhat off topic, but still topical to much of what I'm seeing in this thread...
My parents called this "Balancing a checkbook" and they did it immediately following any purchase made with a check or debit transaction. They were not alone in this... all of my friend's parents did this and, believe it or not, when I opened my first checking account in the mid 90's after high school graduation I too balanced my checkbook!

There are a lot of legitimate criticisms and valid complaints about the banking system and banks in general, the average modern American's laziness over keeping track of their own funds and financies is not among them, however. I'm not talking about the old Wells Fargo scam of holding deposits or "accidentally" double charging debits purchases here, just plain old "I spent more than I had in my account because I failed to keep proper track of my money and want to blame the bank for my own failures" laziness. I'm not singling you out with this. I see it way too frequently to consider you to even be in a minority of bank users. I just find it to be another example of how much less personal responsibility today's Americans take on vs previous generations.

<< 1  2   >>

join