It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close out [your] accounts at Bank of America - WL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Close out [your] accounts at Bank of America - WL

twitter.com

From the Wikileaks Twitter:

Does your business do business with Bank of America? Our advise is to place your funds somewhere safer.

We ask that all people who love freedom close out their accounts at Bank of America.

Bank of America bans ALL transactions to WikiLeaks Link to the story
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-12-2010 by TheDeader because: clarification

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Strong words from Wikileaks. As the interview with Julian Assange shows they (wikileaks) seem to be really pissed. A while back they said they'd release some dirty secrets of an american bank early next year, but perhaps they'll release it in the coming days.

Assange says in the interview that the biggest pressure came from the banks, not from the American Gov or else. ... follow the money... and you'll find the ones in power...

Please, keep this discussion clean from conspiracies or other personal opinions about wikileaks. Please only comment on those statements, the banks / Bank of America and what you think might happen / what you'll do with this Info. Thank you.

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

*Edit: First day without them releasing new cables - are they preparing something?
edit on 17-12-2010 by TheDeader because: Edith

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Most believe the US and most of the world for that matter are run by the banks..

They are the ones destroying the world and robbing it blind..

No wonder Julian sees that...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
While I agree with Wikileaks recommendation and understand their reasons for saying this....people should be doing this out of common sense anyway.

And not just Bank of America customers but ALL bank customers.

I am currently changing all my standing orders for bills to a posted bill where I can pay by cash at a branch of the utility company or my local post office.

Eventually, if I need to write a cheque for something I will deposit the cash in my bank account to cover it. I will still keep my account open but it won't be for THEIR benefit.

I really hope Wikileaks offers some interesting and future changing cables on the banks. Can't wait.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder if they're doing this not just as a boycott, but as preparations so wikileaks supported don't lose alot of money when the bank goes belly up.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

You will probably have to repost this thread without calling people to action.

Just so ya know.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
He isnt calling people to action...just presenting a statement from wikileaks (that happens to call people to action in closing bank of america accounts)...

I personally think people should take all their money out of all banks...it isnt worth it. put it into something that will be worth something when everything crashes.

Thats pretty lowhanded of BoA though. If I had an account there, I'd sure as hell close mine.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Already did. #ers started charging me a $10 a month service charge, the first time i deposited a unemployment check..Even though i always had kept $1000's above the minimum $500 account balance. They said it was because i stopped writing the 3-4 checks a month needed for it.. # em. They posted fraudulant charges on my credit card to make me close my credit card, after the saw the first unemployment check..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Already did, years ago.
As well as any accounts or credit lines with every other bank, save one.
A local bank, investing in local companies, and loaning to the locals.
And even that's only a savings account.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I had a credit card that was in good standing with a 0 balance, that i had not used in about 6 months. After depositing my first unemployment check, 2 strange charges showed up on the credit card..One in florida..and one in California(I live in WA State) and had not ever been to florida or cal.. They called me and said.."You will not have to pay for these, but we think you should close this account to stop any future charges"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

I wonder if this is something that Wikileaks has on BoA? How they did this? I fell for it, because fraud on your credit card is pretty scary, but after thinking about it, it just stinks really bad.. I mean nothing on my card for 5-6 months, and them BAM, just after a Unemployment check is deposited, i get fraud charges?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In other news about Bank of America:

They are sued by the state of Arizona and Nevada:

Link - CNBC

They want to restart foreclosures - apparently 16.000 households concerned

Link to story

And they have been Downgraded by KBW

Story

edit on 17-12-2010 by TheDeader because: add last link

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Julian Assange has just given us another piece of the puzzle; helping to confirm that the larger picture is much as we had suspected. The vehemence with which banks around the world are attacking Wikileaks lends credence to the notion that they have a lot of dirty business to hide. The fact that they are even more aggressive than governments says to me that the "controllers" behind the governments have finally stepped aside from their shields of annonymity and made themselves known.

The banksters rule the world in its present state and have the most to lose from the Wikileaks disclosures. I for one hope their dirty laundry is aired sooner than later.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I've never had a BoA bank account, but they own my mortgage and I also invested like $1500 in them right after the stock market crash awhile back. I'm assuming the stock price will continue to slide, but I really don't wanna sell it. Assange is gonna screw my meager portfolio

Banks help the rich stay in power and keep the low man down, they literally own us.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i already need to travel either 5 miles north or 6 miles south to access a BoAmerica ATM...
i have a 'free' account that requires a $750. minimum, i have already did the 'dance' with BoA
concerning $1,000. of unauthorized ATM withdrawls which they supposedly guarantee 100%

but as far as changing banks, my direct deposits need changing and my automatic debits
have been reduced to only one left.
the bad news is that i will need to delay a new bank to work with for at least the next 30 days,

i figure that BoA, even though a bad guy, is one of the FEDs cartel and the FED won't leave
the bank flounder into bankruptcy... so my fiat money is as safe as it can be...
the FED secretly poured billion$ into Goldman...i'm sure that they will do the same with
BoA considering it has the former CountryWide portfilio of MBSs and other toxic paper
along with the derivatives that attended the brokerage house merged into the bank

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have already closed all bank accounts except one, and it is below $100. When I must pay a bill by check, I will deposit enough cash to cover that check(That is basically only my car insurance company, they don't accept cash).
It had nothing to do with wikileaks, it is due to my plans to go off the grid at the end of 2011.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Bank of America must have pissed the PTB off...

www.federalreserve.gov...

There is a motive, an agenda and anticipated result behind everything wikileaks leaks.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
deposit your money in the state bank of north dakota, if you reserch it you will find how they dont associate with the NWO banks-

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader
In other news about Bank of America:

They are sued by the state of Arizona and Nevada:

Link - CNBC

They want to restart foreclosures - apparently 16.000 households concerned

Link to story

And they have been Downgraded by KBW

Story

edit on 17-12-2010 by TheDeader because: add last link

Thank you so much. Looks like the cracks are appearing again on the walls of Too Big To Fail.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Given the fact that Wikileaks said a month or so ago that they had very damning information on one major american bank I don't think this message should be taken lightly if you truly do have deposits with BOA! My guess is they are going to expose fraud on so many levels the bank will immediately have to cease any transactions and the FDIC will put them under review. If you have deposits simply move them to a local bank branch or credit union. It doesn't take long to open a new account, and most banks would welcome you as a new customer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join