It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Peeves List

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Top 5 Pet Peeve's

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75f2815b6d49.jpg[/atsimg]

1) When people sneeze and don't cover their mouth, nasty!

2) People who leave farts in elevators that I subsequently enter. Then the next person thinks it's me.

3) People that don't flush toilets.

4) People that say "Indeed" to much

5) When something slips my mind and I was trying not to forget it.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Fun thread, lets see

1) My cats coughing up hair balls into my shoes / on my bed / anywhere else they feel like it in the house

2) People that pronounce the first D in Wednesday

3) Movies where the character has been dead all along and we are supposed to be surprised by it even thought its been made plainly obvious

4) Movies where people wake up from a dream but are still actually in a dream and then they wake up from that and they are still in yet another dream

5) British people on holiday that go to countries with amazing cuisine and eat "Pie and Chips"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

People who leave chewing gum on the sidewalk.

There's only one appropriate punishment for that type of behavior:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97021db94dd1.jpg[/atsimg]

And I don't mean putting them to work on some carpentry project...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
People who say something stupid, then say "No pun intended" I just want to punch..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
1. Tailgaters! grrrr!

2. People who get in my personal space when I'm trying to concentrate!

3. People who think that having money makes them better than everyone else !

4. Close minded individuals who have no idea what's going on and watch Fox News!

5. People at work who play politics and get ahead but do NO WORK!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

4) Movies where people wake up from a dream but are still actually in a dream and then they wake up from that and they are still in yet another dream

This is a tough one.... hmmm, let me think here...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
when people say 'no offense, but...' , then proceed in saying something offensive.

people who say 'cheer up, it might never happen'

people who stand too close behind you at the checkout.

people who cant/dont control their children.

people in general.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I've got that on a DVD somewhere but haven't watched it yet.
I guess I might not bother now.

Originally posted by neonitus
when people say 'no offense, but...' , then proceed in saying something offensive.

Yes and people that say I'm not racist but
edit on 17-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

...thats one of my biggies too...

...along with people who say "to tell the truth" before their babble... i always feel like saying - no, dont tell the truth this time - just lie like you always do...

...people who say "personally myself" or "i myself" or "personally myself i" or any variation thereof...

...people who try to leave their baby's soiled diapers in my kitchen garbage can... thats just SO nasty and i have no problem handing them a ziploc and telling them to take it home with them...

...people who fart in a vehicle without rolling a window down first... theres no such thing as uncontrollable spontaneous farts...

...people who drive while talking on a hand held cellphone...

...people who mess with the radio in my truck... i raised a boatload of kids, so i'm a real fast hand smacker and i dont care how old or big you are - keep your mitts off my radio and if you dont like the music, get out and walk...

...people who tell me how to drive... shut up or get out and walk...

...whew, that was fun... we should do this more often...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...people who mess with the radio in my truck... i raised a boatload of kids, so i'm a real fast hand smacker and i dont care how old or big you are - keep your mitts off my radio and if you dont like the music, get out and walk...

Oh my god! You are so right about that.. Never touch another persons car radio, you might as well lean over and grab their crotch.
A persons car / truck radio is sacred

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

- people who dont stand up to injustice who then whine when injustice happens to them and no one is there.

- people who say ' with all due respect' right before they say something totally disrespectful.

- the manipulation of logic by people who abuse others/power/trust/authority.

- people who leave advertising material in my mailbox when my box has a sign that says not to.

- 'whatever' replacing 'right action'.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hmmmm, let's see: I have so many and now I can't think of any!

*People who are in line (at the coffee shop, or wherever) and wait until they get to the front of the line, to THEN try to decide what they want! They've had the whole time standing in line to decide. Grr.

*People who smack their chewing gum or chew their food noisy or slurp their drinks

*Women who choose the bathroom stall right next to the one I'm in, rather then an empty one further down the row. Space people!

*Pet hair in the house. Really dislike getting it all over me. Vacuum!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
1. People that don't flush the toilet. I don't like seeing other people's pee or a log floating in the bowl when I have to go.
2. People changing diapers in the same room where I'm eating. Talk about gross!
3. Having someone pass me when I'm going the speed limit, only to get stopped at a red light. Stupid people. Good way to cause an accident.
4. Getting woke up. I don't sleep well anyway. The last thing I need is to get woke up.
5. Selfish, moronic people.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
1. Slow people in the fast lane on the highway who won't get out of the way.
2. Drivers on cell phones, swerving in and out of their lane because they're not paying attention.
3. People who say they'll do something and then don't.
4. Screaming babies in restaurants.
5. People who only ever seem to talk about relationships or friendship drama.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
1. spending two to three minutes looking for something, and getting a little stressed because you need it, to then find it was in your hand the whole time.

2. people on buses who take up the whole two seats with shopping or just sit on the seat near the aisle, because they do not want anybody sitting next to them, which means other people have to stand up.

3. forgetting how to spell a simple word, and you have to think about it for a few minutes before it suddenly come back to you, and then spending the next few minutes after that wondering how you could forget in the first place.

4. people who push infront in queues, as though they have more important things to do than you do.

5. people who ask you why you were late/absent/forgot something/ or whatever, then upon explaining, they say "well that's no excuse" but i never said it was i was just answering their question.

6. people who judge every person of a certain group with the same brush.

7. people who think their experience of life make them an expert on your's.

8. people who take their dog's to the park to do it's business, then moan the kids are always hanging around the streets and do not play sports on the park anymore.

i could go on and on and on.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Crud, I just did that first one twice in a single thread.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I had a pet peeve once. I hugged it too much and it died. Oh, wait, maybe that was a fluffy bunny...

My ultimate pet peeves?

1) Stupid people. Especially when they are too stupid to even recognize their stupidity.
2) Wal Mart checkout lines. Why do they keep 20 open when it's slow, but then dwindle down to 2 open checkouts just as everyone in the store decides to finally get in line?
3) Political show hosts who masquerade their BS as "news".
4) People who wear shorts in the winter. What the Hell sense does it make to wear a heavy coat, a wool cap, and shorts? Huh? Why? WHY????
5) Anything that involves the words "Lindsay Lohan" or "Paris Hilton". Seriously. Who cares?
6) So called "childproof" caps... half the time I have to get a kid to help me figure out how they work.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
1. Star tattoos.

2. Tribal tattoos on non-indigenous people.

3. Japanese/Korean/Chinese lettering tattoos on Caucasian people.

4. People who say "could of/should of/would of."

5. People who say "For better and worse."

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
1. Bad parents who dont control or attempt to control their children in public while they scream and act like spoiled brats meanwhile disturbing the other people around them. This includes airplanes, long lines, wal-mart, grocery stores, restaurants, malls, and the dmv.

2. People who are oblivious to others and believe that the world should revolve around them

3. People who drive slow or the speed limit exactly in the leftlane on a two lane highway cockblocking you behind them inbetween several semi trucks for several miles while a line of over 10 cars are angrily behind

4. Customer Service Agents in an entirely different country that have no idea that your talking about, what their talking about, and yet thier "manager" is always on break.

5. My cats, everything about them is irritating- i love them, but theyre kitties - currently- eating my fake christmas tree branches, swatting at my ornaments, clawing at my stockings hung by the chimney with care, stampeding down the hallways, crying/howling at closed doors, puking hairballs and food every other day etc etc.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
5 more for me.

People that:

1) drive slow in the passing lane

2) are cruel to animals

3) talk about Politics and Religion, in the wrong social setting

4) don't know when to stop talking

5) say they are on a diet and order a piece of cake and a diet coke.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join