It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Linda Moulton Howe and Dr. J Allen Hynek - UFOs and Animal Mutilations

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Like her or not, Linda Moulton Howe does a lot of extensive research on many "fringe" topics. In the field of UFOlogy, she does dish out many bombshell stories. Last night, December 16th 2010, during the call-in portion of Coast to Coast AM, Linda revealed 2 startling personal stories of her interactions with the late Dr. Hynek. He was the astronomer hired to work on Project Bluebook by the Air Force.

She reveals that he was part of a meeting between Linda and Dr. Leo Sprinkle, Hynek and others that watched her then-recent documentary, A Strange Harvest. This was in 1980. Dr. Hynek was apparently offended or irritated with her suggestion that extraterrestrials were involved with cattle mutilations. Some years later, Dr. Hynek arranged to have a private discussion with Linda Howe so that they could really "talk turkey" about this phenomenon. She says that she was very hopeful to learn the government secrets kept by Dr. Hynek.

Instead, a very interesting thing was stated to her about a book called Theosophy by Rudolf Steiner. Dr. Hynek told her that this was the "single most important book of his life" and that she should read it to understand the so-called UFO phenomenon. This is a very interesting revelation and it makes me want to know more about Theosophy.

I have uploaded this special segment of this Coast to Coast interview onto a YouTube video:

edit on 17-12-2010 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
here is some info on Rudolph, i doubt there are too many like him....enjoy

www.globalresearch.ca...

LMH.is one very courageous and intelligent investigator,ive followed her for years and havent been dissapointed in her articles, she is frequently on the cutting edge of new situations....
edit on 17-12-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks stirling. But I think you posted the wrong link.

I have a documentary about Theosophy that I intend to watch. That topic always seemed too convoluted and esoteric to me. But I am indeed interested in it more now.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Probably what that refers to is that Dr. Hynek (along with Jaques Vallee) eventually dismissed the ETH in favor of the IDH.

The interdimensional hypothesis (IDH or IH), also called the extradimensional hypothesis (EDH), is a theory advanced by Jacques Vallée that unidentified flying objects (UFOs) and related events involve visitations from other "realities" or "dimensions" that coexist separately alongside our own. It is an alternative to the extraterrestrial hypothesis...]

...The development of IDH as an alternative to ETH increased in the 1970s and 1980s with the publication of books by Vallée and J. Allen Hynek. In 1975, Vallée and Hynek advocated the hypothesis in The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects and further, in Vallée's 1979 book Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults... en.wikipedia.org...

Theosophy is an esoteric/occult philosophy that includes contact with these "intelligences" mainly through ritual & meditation. I don't know, but I doubt Dr. Hynek was interested in becoming a Theosophist, but rather came to believe that these folk were actually communing with extradimensional entities.

My past experience with matters 'occultic' eventually led me to those same conclusions. I would recommend caution in entertaining these concepts as enlightening--not that I presume you are.

Interesting find. Peace.
edit on 17-12-2010 by The GUT because: grammar idgit

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There's a joke in the pagan community that goes like this...

How many Enochian adepts does ti take to change a light bulb?

Only one, but only after they have spent seven years studying under a Grand master, spent 2 years on a solitary sojourn in the desert and completed a rigorous examination by their peers.

Would be well worth remembering that when reading about the Theosophists.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Please help me understand the connection between Theosophy and the Ufo phenomenon.
I really don't see the connection, am I missing something?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21

Please help me understand the connection between Theosophy and the Ufo phenomenon.
I really don't see the connection, am I missing something?

This following article might give you some direction on the basic concept:

Ritual Magic, Mind Control and the UFO Phenomenon

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rumor21

One thing to remember in all this... That which is seen as *occult* which remember means hidden, nothing more nothing less, was and still is, in many societies a perfectly normal rite of passage into adulthood. There was, with the 19th century Theosophists, a wide streak of... it's not for the plebs so let's dress it up in all manner of, frankly total bs, to hide the fact anyone can and maybe should try it at least once in their life.

I would also remind people that. For everyone over here, trying to work their way over there... there is quite possibly someone over there trying to work their way over here... Plus remember, just because something does not conform to your idea of *beauty* does not make it *bad*, it just makes them and us different.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

It's probably not really a question of liking LMH or not. She's peed in her own pool for so many years that her opinion and judgement is considered by serious researchers as meaningless. She's backed the Santilli 'alien autopsy' film after it was admitted as a hoax. She's always backing the Exopolitics claims. Her Project Camelot interviews are a baffling demonstration of someone lying through their teeth or making the wildest claims while she nods and agrees with them. Has there been a hoax that she didn't like? And when was the last solid case she supported? She consistently points towards the BS and the hoaxes.

Rather than this being an attack on LMH, I'm trying to point out that, as a source, she's unreliable. Maybe Hynek arranged a secret meeting with her...maybe he didn't?

The 'boy who cried wolf' only did so a couple of times before people stopped believing him...how often does it take before folk start ignoring LMH?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It's probably not really a question of liking LMH or not. She's peed in her own pool for so many years that her opinion and judgement is considered by serious researchers as meaningless. She's backed the Santilli 'alien autopsy' film after it was admitted as a hoax. She's always backing the Exopolitics claims. Her Project Camelot interviews are a baffling demonstration of someone lying through their teeth or making the wildest claims while she nods and agrees with them. Has there been a hoax that she didn't like? And when was the last solid case she supported? She consistently points towards the BS and the hoaxes.

Rather than this being an attack on LMH, I'm trying to point out that, as a source, she's unreliable. Maybe Hynek arranged a secret meeting with her...maybe he didn't?

The 'boy who cried wolf' only did so a couple of times before people stopped believing him...how often does it take before folk start ignoring LMH?

OK. We can acknowledge that LMH has her personal agenda to satisfy first. That said, she brings up a good point that cannot be ignored. There is a vast swath of UFO-related phenomena that is overlooked, denied and ignored that has always breached literal interpetations in complex cases of the basic concept of ships from another star. Many experiencers have been given glimpses of this. But we don't understand it and sure as hell can't begin to explain it simply because there is no widely acceptable mechanism into which this info can fit. I can personally testify that the Universe can't POSSIBLY operate in that fashion but it does and has for me in rare moments. Vallee attempts to get a handle on that but fails for the same reason just stated.

We are forced to look elsewhere for the answers. My personal view is that the subtle books of Robert Monroe the developer of the Hymi-Synch technique is a mild, matter-of-fact place to start coming to terms with taboo topics such as out-of-body experiences. Then, there are the YouTube videos of/about Terrance McKenny and his entities found on his "trips" that are far from explaining it all, but open the door to further preceptions...if you dare.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I read some McKenna in my 'experimental' days and didn't take to his ideas. This past year, a few people have mentioned or recommended him so I plan on giving him another go. What puts me off about him is that he's like a broken record when it comes to drugs. Vallee sees 'control systems' everywhere. Stan Friedman sees 'nuts n bolts.' Exopolitics see damn hippy aliens. McKenna saw '___' in everything.

I've got a couple of books, some pdfs and a couple of interviews waiting for the right time. By the sounds of it, you're in a similar position as me and have read/listened so much on the subject that there's not much left to look at in the way of 'new ideas.'

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hi Kandinsky, have you heard about his McKenna's Novelty theory? He talked about this a lot at the end of his life. I agree that things are escalating at an experiential rate.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Hiya Aquarius. I'm preparing myself to get into some McKenna in the same way a kid prepares for a visit to the dentist. It's likely to be unpleasant, but some good may come from it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well, I must say I am very pleased that this discussion has turned towards the brilliance and sheer genius of Terence McKenna.

His take on the UFO phenomenon was inspired by his own contact experience in the Amazon in 1971 - and his understanding of the work of the psychologist Carl Gustav Jung. In the last years of his life, Jung became obsessed with the so-called flying saucer hysteria. Given the fact that Jung studied dreams and archetypal symbols, he found this new phenomena arising after the global stand-off of World War II to be very intriguing and suggestive of something within the collective unconscious of humanity.

This is the direction that Jacques Vallee and Dr. Hynek and many others started to go in as well. The notion of collective fields of consciousness, the evolution of our planet and humanity and the acceleration that is very evident in our technological evolution - these are all part and parcel to the "UFO" phenomenon. It is much more profound and meaningful than just some Nazis secretly building strange flying objects, or some aliens from another planet coming here in a metal ship to study us.

The time aspect to all of this is a very valid thing to bring up. Terence McKenna managed to address many different angles to the mystery of reality before his death, and I sincerely think he found the answers.

If you want to be blown away by his thoughts on "the so-called flying saucer", check this out:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'd like to thank you for the link, I'm finding this to be a fascinating subject ? Any chance you or FireMoon could recommend any other sites to explore ?

Also, thanks for the post OP. Inter dimensional vs extra dimensional...Wild stuff !

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The site that the GUT posted is indeed very fascinating. I would also like to give thanks for that. A startling connection that ties in many disparate subjects relating to all of this.

It brings to mind Colonel John Alexander. I am sure the article mentions him - I have not finished reading it yet. But Alexander is an ex-Green Beret and does R&D for Los Alamos. He has a doctorate in thanatology, the study of death, and is an expert on near death experiences and various other consciousness-related studies. Information used for the research and development of weapons. Great combination, right? Anyways, he also frequents all of the UFO conventions and debunks stories like Roswell and Majestic 12. He has insinuated in lectures that he is a Man In Black. His wife is obsessed with ayahuasca shamanism, and together they have been studying various shamans.

I also have more information regarding mind control and UFOs that relates to Whitley Strieber. He is an infamous alien abductee and has many strange stories. He has revealed that as a child he has fragmented memories of going to various Air Force schools and programs and has specific memories of abuse. He has come to the conclusion that extreme trauma was being induced to create split personalities for mind control purposes. He says that at one point his entire immune system collapsed and that it was shortly after this that he started having close encounter experiences. He reveals much of this story in a private subscribers-only discussion. I have made it available to stream or download, however:

www.archive.org...

edit on 18-12-2010 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Glad you liked it and that you're interested in the hypothesis. I rejected it for years because it wasn't what I wanted to hear, but it finally caught my attention for a few different reasons.

Sorry for the lack of names with these links, but they're along the same lines as the other article and well written methinks. Although different folk have different interpretations of what the IDH my actually infer, I think you will find some interesting ideas in them to spur further research along whatever aspect appeals to you the most. I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter after you read them, either here or in a U2U. Peace!

Rudolp Steiner adressed in #3 btw

According to Steiner, a tremendous and crucial round in the battle was fought out in the last thirty years of the 19th century and on the Inner Planes, between the Forces of AHRIMAN (the term he took over from Zarathustra) and the FORCES OF LIGHT.

These latter are conventionally known to Western (Christian) tradition as the Cohorts of Michael. Steiner said that the fight ended in a complete victory for the LIGHT, but that, as a result of it, a great many of the powerful demonic beings had been actually cast down upon the planet Earth, with the consequence that their presence and their influence now impinge more than ever upon the prospects and the destiny of mankind.

STEINER TAUGHT THAT THE COMING YEARS WILL SEE INCREDIBLE UPHEAVALS, IN THE COURSE OF WHICH THIS GREAT BATTLE WILL BE CARRIED FORWARD, TO ITS CONCLUSION, INSIDE EVERY HUMAN HEART. See Rudolf Steiner: DER STURZ DER GEISTER DER FINSTERNIS: (THE OVERTHROW OF THE SPIRITS OF DARKNESS), Series of Lectures, 1917. (Available only in German)

The objective of the Forces of Darkness is to take over the stream of human evolution, to merge with it, and to divert mankind from the evolutionary development "planned" for it. ["hybrids," anyone? -d4] The end result of this would be new creatures in which those qualities that represent the highest that we know would have been eliminated.
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

One

Two

Three

Four

edit on 18-12-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

edit on 18-12-2010 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Very cool, Corsair!
Yes, I am familiar with Col. Alexander & his intriguing wife and I do believe they and some of their associates are VERY relevant to this discussion. A lot of smoke & mirrors with that group, but if you look at them from the IDH perspective some of the fog begins to dissipate I believe.

As for Whitley: I didn't know that about his childhood, I haven't read his books...wow...I was an Air Force brat as well and that so intrigues me for reasons I'm not quite ready to reveal yet. Mainly because it's somewhat complex and I'm in the process of writing about it now. I've been a little lazy about it but you just lit a FIRE under my behiney to get back to it.

A sincere thanks to you and nocents both for livening things up a bit for me

edit on 18-12-2010 by The GUT because: clarification

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Wow...thanks!!

Admittedly, this all a bit weighty for me; but totally intriguing nonetheless. And as if the core subject of dimensional beings were not in itself worthy of total immersion; the offshoots are near equally so. I'm finding it difficult to stop reading from the original link. I've often wondered of the 'illumination' of the illuminati and 'secret knowledge' of masons. And everything seems to be here in one lump sum.

I have yet to glance the links, but will certainly do so, and thanks again!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Excellent! Well, you're welcome and I am indeed fascinated by this subject as well. I am curious about your story and encourage you to work it out and write it down.

I too was not aware about any Air Force connections to Strieber until that rare and private discussion of his. However, there are many conspiracies that relate to mind control involving Air Force day-care centers and schools - like the one mentioned in The Finders report in Monterrey, Mexico that Whitley Strieber went to as a child as well. But there was also a scandal involving Lt. Col. Michael Aquino and another Air Force day-care at the Presidio that involved child abuse etc. No charges were made on him, but there is a lot of victim-witness testimony from people like Paul Bonacci, who was involved with the Monarch Project, who implicate Aquino as being a central perpetrator in - not only child abduction and abuse - but mind control or psychological operations for the military. And it is important to note that Aquino is a hardcore Satanist with a government-approved church called the Temple of Set. Much of the abuse centered around Monarch and MK-Ultra is also connected to satanic ritual abuse.

I have a lot more very intriguing information on this that I had intended on posting as a separate thread at some point. But I might as well share some of it here now - as this thread has already turned into a goldmine.

For your evaluation, I offer the story of Julianne McKinney and an infamous "Strategic Studies Institute" document. This same document was posted by The Disclosure Project for a short time a year ago, and was shown in an interview with Dr. Steven Greer around the same time. Since then, a lot of controversy has erupted about the authenticity of that specific document as being a valid insider source or disclosure.

Here is one of the main pages of the document:

Now read the information in the context of what you heard Whitley Strieber talk about in that discussion I posted. A very interesting connection. So, what is the story behind this Strategic Stories document? Well, as luck would have it, Nexus Magazine published a very insightful article detailing the entire story. Please note that all websites that held this article are no longer available. You can find it on archive.org - I will post the archived link here, but you will have to copy and paste it into your browser, as the link does not work here on ATS. web.archive.org...://www.ivanfraser.com/articles/conspiracies/bigbrother.html

Here are some highlights:

In 1994, the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI) of the US Army War College (Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania) produced a paper entitled, ‘The Revolution in Military Affairs and Conflict Short of War’1. In the paper, the authors propose that, ‘Many American strategic thinkers believe that we are in the beginning stages of a (sic) historical revolution in military affairs (RMA). This will not only change the nature of warfare, but also alter the global geopolitical balance.

The authors recognise that, ‘The use of new technology may also run counter to basic American values’, and that, ‘Deception, while frequently of great military or political value, is thought of as somehow "un-American".’

Due to this fact, and also that the majority of Americans may find the use of many of the emerging technologies ‘morally difficult’, the authors conclude that the military might consider that American values and attitudes thus form significant constraints on full use of emerging technology, at least in anything short of a perceived war for national survival.

The central premise of the paper is that:

‘In its purest sense, revolution brings change that is permanent, fundamental, and rapid. The basic premise of the revolution in military affairs (RMA) is simple: throughout history, warfare usually developed in an evolutionary fashion, but occasionally ideas and inventions combined to propel dramatic and decisive change. This not only affected the application of military force, but often altered the geopolitical balance in favour of those who mastered the new form of warfare. The stakes of military revolution are thus immense…’

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join