It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel:Made in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this? Modern Marvels is showing an episode now that's promoting American made(asssembled) products. I'm sure parts are from China and elsewhere, but it's still nice to see The History Channel promoting this.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is interesting. A few days ago I was looking at my world history book and it was discussing about the global economy after the Cold War. There was an illustration of a vehicle and it described all the various parts for the car that was made around the world. Pretty fun!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I remember one where a plant manager was explaining how his trucs were still 100% USA made and how tough they were.

They were Tonka trucks and they are tougher than many full size trucks.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Do some research on Disney and History Channel, you will be very surprised with what you find.

www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&ei=tiQMTYr-BZPWtQOOzZywCg&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&re snum=13&ved=0CGIQ5wIwDA

Above Go to 2006.

Good read:

www.kansascity.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My favorite channel growing up was the History Channel. Back when they still played historical documentaries as their main programming line-up. Now, every time I turn to that channel, all I find are reality shows or repeats of their older programs. I did like America: Story of Us, though.
Hearing that they're featuring a 'made in America' Modern Marvels seems like a good idea, but it also reeks with propaganda. Let's face it; hardly anything is made in the US anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Some of our Republicans started a garment factory in the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. Anything made there could be called "made in the usa". They snuck in thousands of chinese laborers and were making a killing using the slave labor make crap.

Politics ended up closing the factories. The thousands of Chinese are still there. The majority on the island of Saipan is now Chinese people...remains of one of America's dirty little secrets.

They should have left the factories there open. Now even those Chinese stuck there are without jobs. Fly yourself there and you can get some cheap skin action. It's the new business they got going on now.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Yellow Ledbetter

What doesn't reek of propaganda anymore, everyone's got an agenda and ulterior motive in todays world it seems, sad but true. Yeah, I miss the old History channel too.

top topics

join