It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab scans bones that may belong to Amelia Earhart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Three bone fragments found on a deserted South Pacific island are being analyzed to determine if they belong to Amelia Earhart— tests that could finally prove she died as a castaway after failing in her 1937 quest to to become the first woman to fly around the world

source

I hope they can find out soon, would really like to know if those bones belong to her...

The remains turned up in May and June at what seemed to be an abandoned campsite near where native work crews found skeletal remains in 1940. The pieces appear to be from a cervical bone, a neck bone and a finger

edit on 17-12-2010 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

No one cares eh?

oh well..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That story was on my homepage last night. They said up to three months before they know(if memory serves).
Should be interesting to say the least. S+F

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

yea..i would really like to know..

it has been so many years and would like to see closer on this..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Anyone else hear anymore about this yet?

second line,,,

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
amelia earhart... feh! got what was comin' to her, i say! she should have learned to navigate a kitchen and got lost there!

-kiiiidding ; P

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
amelia earhart... feh! got what was comin' to her, i say! she should have learned to navigate a kitchen and got lost there!

-kiiiidding ; P

HaHa..that was good...

I also heard years ago that the Japanese shot her down ,etc.etc...Held her prisoner and so on..

who knows..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
She, her navigator and several others were taken to a planet in the Delta Quadrant of the galaxy by an alien species, where they (the aliens) created a human population to serve them, but the humans eventually overcame their captors, got rid of them and started a civilisation that........oh wait, that was an episode of Star Trek: Voyager! DOH!

On a serious note, it would be nice to finally solve the puzzle of what happened to her, and if it is her bones they have found she can finally be laid to rest in her home country.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I care! I'm really surprised that there aren't more responses to this thread! I mean, I guess all we can do is wait it out and wonder, but I personally can't wait until they have results. I really hope it's her so that she can be laid to rest and the mystery will be solved!

new topics

top topics

join