It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama to sign package extending tax breaks for the rich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
But of course!

Can't have all his Wall street and Bankster bosses being taxed on the trillions of tax-dollars and treasury money they stole from us all with his help now, can we?

Dubyas third term is smoothe sailin'! Yippeeeee!

The US president, Barack Obama, will today sign into law measures approved by Congress extending tax cuts introduced by George Bush amid Democratic complaints that the breaks favour the rich.

Despite objections from many of Obama's fellow Democrats, the House of Representatives passed the $858bn (£548bn) package of renewed tax cuts last night.

Full Story:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Come on OPs, I know your not that blind...unless you have literally been living under a rock until today, you know exactly how this went down.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
How is keeping the current tax rate "favoring the rich" when the tax cuts apply to everyone?

Do you want to give the government more of your money? I sure don't.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

We wouldn't want to mention the renewal of jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed or the one year payroll tax cut for most Americans ...

edit on 17/12/10 by Horza because: edit text

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Everyone gets a tax cut on the first 250k. You get an EXTRA tax cut if you make above that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by umop apisdn
Everyone gets a tax cut on the first 250k. You get an EXTRA tax cut if you make above that.

Please show me this in the extension legislation that just passed or is that statement only your wishful interpretation.
edit on 12/17/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Were you expecting anything different??
Business as usual...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Of course we know that all people who have good jobs, made something out of the lives, and are rich by someone else's standards must have done something evil to get their money. It must be taken away from them and given to the others who failed. That seems only logical.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
HMMMM I cannot remember the last time the rich of America, got taxed.. LOL Maybe property tax..

What the hell is everyone talking about, tax breaks for the rich?

Better reanalyze the version of rich..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Of course we know that all people who have good jobs, made something out of the lives, and are rich by someone else's standards must have done something evil to get their money. It must be taken away from them and given to the others who failed. That seems only logical.

Most very rich people hide all their profits through shell companies and family trusts..
I think instead of talking about tax rates, you should look at what $$'s the rich actually pay in tax after all the deductions they claim and earnings hidden..

It is a fact that if everyone paid all the tax they SHOULD pay then tax rates could be cut dramatically..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
According to you, I'm one of the rich. The top 10% of taxpayers already pay nearly 70% of the taxes, but you want more. The bottom 47% of the "taxpayers" pay nothing at all. Unfortunately, the top 10% also provide 70% of the jobs. So like the old guy said, "I ain't never met a poor man what gave me a job." Tax the rich some more and YOU get laid off. Ironic, isn't it? Look at the UK. Sooner or later in a 'democracy' the idiots figure out they can raid the treasury. That's why democracies don't last.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The bottom 47% of the "taxpayers" pay nothing at all

Well that's only true if you are only talking about income tax..
The truth is these "non tax payers" as you putb them, probably pay more tax than you as a percentage of their income courtesy of all the indirect taxes they pay..

Everything we buy or do is taxed..Probably accounting for as much, if not more than income tax...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You guys should be asking where all the tax is for gas. If you look close the government is making billions if not trillions a year with gas tax. Then ask yourself the how and why our country is broke..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
You guys should be asking where all the tax is for gas. If you look close the government is making billions if not trillions a year with gas tax. Then ask yourself the how and why our country is broke..

Yes, that's what I was pointing out in the post before yours..
Saying low income earners pay no tax is BS..
A large slice of their pay goes to indirect taxes such as fuel tax..
And as I said, they probably end up paying a larger percentage of their earnings in indirect taxes than the rich do all told.....

It's a way to fool the people into thinking the rich are paying their fair share when the truth is the poor are doing more..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is copied and pasted from another thread I posted in...similar to this:

Well...myself...I am truly worried about struggling billionaires who keep providing jobs to Chinese workers.

I mean, if they lose a few million dollars each...what will they do?

Cripes...they will be starving in the streets..stock brokers will have heart attacks because profit margins will go down slightly...affected stock prices.

I"m certainly glad that they are digging into Social Security funds again as well. That's FANTASTIC. Maybe they'll pay for the wars that haven't been paid for with that as well.

We should cut taxes for the oil companies and just end social security.

Thank you billionaires....THANK YOU. I BOW TO YOUR WONDERFUL GRACIOUSNESS.

new topics

top topics

join