It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expand my horizons please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Greetings and salutations, I'd like to introduce myself...I am a "former" U.S. Marine, resident of southern Ohio, a son, brother and uncle. I have always known that "there's how the book says to do it...and then there's the way it's done". Of the memories I have of basic training two phrases still stand out to this day (1) Cheat if you can, lie if you must, but always win and (2) If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. I've stood in the shadows of this site, reading what interests me, researching what intriques me and I almost always learn something. I hope that I can contribute on a small scale.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob1971

Hi Rob, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rob1971
Greetings and salutations, I'd like to introduce myself...I am a "former" U.S. Marine, resident of southern Ohio, a son, brother and uncle. I have always known that "there's how the book says to do it...and then there's the way it's done". Of the memories I have of basic training two phrases still stand out to this day (1) Cheat if you can, lie if you must, but always win and (2) If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. I've stood in the shadows of this site, reading what interests me, researching what intriques me and I almost always learn something. I hope that I can contribute on a small scale.

Greetings Sir, and thank you for your service...God bless you

2nd
edit on 17-12-2010 by kinkykoala because: added 2nd lol

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thankyou for your service, Marines are the pride of the US! Don't get too happy that the statement comes from a former US Army grunt, because I attempted to join your branch first. Too many tattoo's of course and differing world views I couldn't part with kept me away from that.

Anyway, I am sure your request for expanded horizions is already well under way due to your incredible courage to join the service, serve, and ask the hard questions in the face of all that you now know. Had you deployed, you can see the stark contrast in what we are told here in the states, and what we see when we have boots on the ground in a combat zone. I look forward to hearing more from you and hope that you, sir, expand my horizions as well!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Learn the power of good and you will never turn back. I used to be in the military too ages ago. But there is a world outside and it has been completely demonic and it is about time people take back their power and become happy again.

Book tip, Zhuan Falun:

www.falundafa.org...

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.

new topics

top topics

join