It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oldest photographs in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Mods please move if needed.

Great quality, showing the world's first photograph, the first human, woman, the earliest born person (Hannah Stilley Gorby 1746), the first aerial view, and alot others. The ending isnt so great as it's blank the last few seconds but still great to see!

Here you can see the oldest photographs in the world. The people lived in a world without electricity, cars, airplanes trains were just invented

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Very cool! S&F!

The third one looks almost like a painting... But this is of interest to me cause i am learning about the industrial revolution in my social studies class.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

There is suggestions that the shroud of Turin is one of the oldest photographic images in history

Photographic image production
According to the art historian Nicholas Allen the image on the shroud was formed by a photographic technique in the 13th century.[120] Allen maintains that techniques already available before the 14th century—e.g., as described in the Book of Optics, which was at just that time translated from Arabic to Latin—were sufficient to produce primitive photographs, and that people familiar with these techniques would have been able to produce an image as found on the shroud. To demonstrate this, he successfully produced photographic images similar to the shroud using only techniques and materials available at the time the shroud was made. He described his results in his PhD Thesis,[121] in papers published in several science journals,[122][123] and in a book.[124]
However a double photographic exposure, needed in that case, should have considered the distances and in such case there would be areas of photographic superimposition with different lights and shades. The distances on Shroud instead correspond to the body position.[125]

source

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Then I should say SOME of the oldest photos in the world
Thanks for sharing

It's amazing how these images look. We can get such a clear picture of the way things were back then, makes you want to go back for a day and experience.

new topics

top topics

join