It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize Drunk Driving

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Originally posted by Reaper2137
so you got a dui and now you really learned your lesson? I don't think so your a good little sheep, who tows the party line.. that is until you get of probation lol.. I really don't see a problem with drinking and driving.. no one important is hurt. furthermore.. when you prove to me that a human is more important than any other animal that gets ran over.. I might change my mind.. until then I think red asphalt was a great movie hella funny

So whos the sheep. The guy who mindlessly laughs at death, or the guy who grows into adulthood?
You're the sheep. You don't think for yourself. You laugh like a child with your friends because you're afraid to speak up about what's wrong. You feel it's your teenage duty to rebel against anything or dare be caught "toeing the party line".

I'm not a teenager and I mindlessly laughs at death because I've knocked on deaths door more than once while overseas.. I speak up all the time for whats wrong.. while I don't agree with the dui law not because I think it should be ok but because its a tool to wage war on the lower class and the check points are fishing spots for cops. I don't have a dui and I won't I'm not that stupid.. and since I got back I don't have many friends for the reason you stated.. most of who said they were my friend do nothing but drink and get high.. with no asperations to grow or really become men.. maybe and I hope you don't have to if you ever go to war you will come back with open eyes to what is really laughable drunk driving is laughable to the point of irony comparted to what was done to me. I don't laugh at you or what has happened to you but I do laugh at a very very old movie were its not really clear how many of the accidents were caused by d.d good night if you replay I'll respond in the morning.. peace may you always find water and shade

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So if I pull out a machine gun in a public place... start firing everywhere and spinning around in circles just for the fun of it... It's totally OK as long as I don't hit anyone?

I'm not trying to hurt anyone, and according to you, until a bullet hits someone, I shouldn't be arrested for any crime whatsoever, as it would be a "preventative arrest".

Something seems a little wrong with the logic behind your OP...

But I guess that the fact of the matter remains... nobody should get behind the wheel of a car when they have had anything to drink. In my mind, its common sense. As soon as I even have a sip of a cold one, I'm not going to even think of driving anywhere.

Not that I'm a lightweight or anything
I just believe that alcohol should never be in the biological system of a driver.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You are an idiot, if you think drinking and driving should be legalized, infact i bet you will die from being ran over by a drunk driver, that would be irony on the highest scale.

Simply you drink, you get drunk, and then you are hammered, your mortar skills arent what they are when your sober. Your reaction time is droped to an all time low.

I bet you started this thread because you got a DUI and got real pissed about it.

Simply it will always be illegal and thats a good thing, you could end up killing a family. Would you want that on your conscience?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you people who support laws and punishments for DUI, really, honestly wanted to keep people from driving under the influence, you would support laws that stop people from driving under the influence, but the truth is you are all a bunch of hypocrites whose real intentions are to punish the behavior of others that you find offensive.

You aren't out to save lives, you are out to hang on to your ability to control everything.

Breathalyzers cost very little money, and having one put on your car if you drink alcohol, ever, should be easily available. Heck, they should be standard equipment, along with air bags.

Having nightclubs concentrated in specific areas, and requiring coffin motels for those who get too intoxicated should be easily enough set up.

For a lot less cost, in these modern days, we could set up a system where far fewer people ever get behind the wheel and drive drunk, but that isn't what you people want.

The blood of the innocents is on the hands of those who refuse to put a far better system in place to stop DUI from happening.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
So if I pull out a machine gun in a public place... start firing everywhere and spinning around in circles just for the fun of it... It's totally OK as long as I don't hit anyone?

I'm not trying to hurt anyone, and according to you, until a bullet hits someone, I shouldn't be arrested for any crime whatsoever, as it would be a "preventative arrest".

Something seems a little wrong with the logic behind your OP...

Yes exactly!

Before you go to the movie theater you can smear yourself with poop and roll around in multicolored feathers.
Then walk around the mall with a bucket of blood and a squirt gun - I would aim at the eyes,

then people will wonder if I have shot AIDS into their eyes, but I didn't and they did not get hurt so neener
neener neener

OP is a kid at heart, no doubt

for freedom

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am with the OP, this is nanny revenue raising, if safety was the issue there is so much more that could be done to prevent deaths by driving under the influence rather than just saying " don't drink and drive more than this amount or else this will happen".

For me the worry is morning after drinking and driving, so many of us don't think twice that we might be over the limit the next day.

There are so many variables about what make you under the limit that it can be tempting to take the risk and drive because you feel sober enough and probably are if you are an experienced drinker who also happens to be an experienced driver.

It would be easier to say don't drive for 24 hours after drinking, so there is no alcohol in your system, that way we would all know where we stood, but the way things stand the government is in a win win situation, they tax booze to the hilt and then get a revenue stream from drink drivers.

Why aren't cops cruising bars and offering advice and a blow of the breathalyser to punters who can at least then get a feel for what they can drink and what they can't.

Or how about car manufacturers including a breathalyser with your new car, instead of the tool kit that nobody uses any more?

When my Mercedes develops an engine fault it goes into 'Safe mode' and lets me limp home at 20 miles an hour, how about a DD mode switch that cuts the speed and gets some warning lights going? Acknowledge to the world that you are responsibly driving after responsibly drinking.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tilpah
how about a DD mode switch that cuts the speed and gets some warning lights going? Acknowledge to the world that you are responsibly driving after responsibly drinking.

thats funny

Maybe a Jetpack for drunk drivers

or somethin

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

The public must be treated as adults and be given the adult responsibility to decide on their own if they are capable of driving without hurting themselves or anyone else. The State should not play the role of the nanny looter.

The public is treated as adults and given the responsibility to decide whether to drive or not and most think they are ok to drive and abuse the privilege and end up killing themselves or someone else. It is INSANE to think the way you do. I bet you would think differently if you lost a loved one due to drunk driving.

I have seen my best friend lose a close family member to a drunk driver and it's not something I would wish on anyone. Her cousin was innocently driving home and some ass who thought he was ok to drive hit her and killed her. So you tell me it's ok to let people make that decision. How would you feel if your sister, brother, gf, bf, child or so on was killed by a drunk driver? Would you feel the same??

You do know alcohol impairs your judgement right? It makes people think they are superman and can doing anything. It is NEVER ok to drive when you have been drinking. If you ask me the penalties should be higher and automatic jail time. People know the consequences of a DUI and they don't seem to care because there are scum bag lawyers out there who defend these people and win. If you get a dui, you should automatically lose your license for 2 yrs and get 6mths in jail. Yeah that is harsh but I bet you won't do it again because you will lose everything from that one DUI. Think about how if you kill someone, you took EVERYTHING from that person and you also took everything from their family and was it worth it to get trashed and then drive? No it's not.

I work in a bar and I get teased ALL the time because I never drive and when I did it sat there for a week. I can drink at work and even if I am sober I still smell of alcohol and I will NOT take that chance. I value my life, my car and other people's lives too much to drive home. Its a 20 dollar cab ride home and I get there safe and nobody gets hurt. You just never know what could happen. I see many people who leave work and should not be driving and it sickens me that they laugh about it. I hope to god they never hurt anyone. It's not worth it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Enough said

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I like to fancy myself a Libertarian, but this goes too far. There is a difference between Libertarianism and lawless Anarchy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Yes. Lets tell people that it's A-Ok to endanger someone elses life..

That's a great idea.

just because the OP is a person that knows when he drunk too much, it doesnt mean that all the young people that drink like crazy and drive know that they are not capable of driving

thats the problem, you need to understand that 99% of the world population consists of dumb people, and really, when you get drunk, everyone becomes dumb and all the risks involved are tremendous

I approve every measure to avoid deaths in this case, so, if you get caught drunk, you deserve to spend one night in jail and pay a fine, lose your rights to drive, whatever ...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Ya but being able to take Zanex or sleep meds or just about any other mood enhancer is? I mean ya on the bottle it says not to drive but you tell me how the cop can test for that... Honestly I feel much safer after taken a couple drinks and driving then I ever would after popping a few ambien.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry,but most of you are lost in your emotional little dreamworld on this one.

It isn't that drunk driving should be legalized,it's about crucifying people for mistakes made which did no harm to others in the end.

It's about people being destroyed for nothing other than to turn a profit.

Laws only make all of us pay for the mistakes of the few.

I have seen very few places in the U.S. that have an effective alternate transportation system that would allow many to get back home without driving after drinking.

You lookin for someone to blame?,look in the right direction.

Things are as they are for a reason.
edit on 18-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The fact that they are drunk, and driving immediately puts EVERYONE at risk, including their selves. I'm guess you never got to experience the joy of being tossed around after being hit by a near lethal limit drunk? They also put you in jail for DUIs, for life, don't they? That's pretty #ing severe if you ask me, but not severe enough.

Breathalyzer every car, ten years just for driving drunk. I think that would get people's attention better.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I like to fancy myself a Libertarian, but this goes too far. There is a difference between Libertarianism and lawless Anarchy.

Absolutely agree.
This is a plain and simple common sense law. Anyone who thinks drunk driving should be made legal should have their heads examined. Using this logic there should be no driving laws at all. Let's see how well that works

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We are victims of our own ignorance! We have TONS of technology, we could simply fit sniffers in ALL vehicles, sensitive ones! They would be just like the daylight sensor in the front dash, only it senses alcohol! If there is a spill then there can be a manual override using your a breathalyzer, so its not prematurely activated by transporting booze! Oh but wait all of that costs money, which people would rather spend on laws! Mankind will fall to his own ignorance and selfishness!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Once again, if all you people honestly cared about saving lives, you would honestly support a system that does a lot better at keeping people under the influence from getting behind the wheel.

They don't keep the statistics, but from what little has been looked at, people driving under the influence of prescription drugs are probably responsible for as many if not more accidents than people driving under the influence of alcohol.

Certain prescriptions should automatically suspends the users license, but no one wants to support that.

I'll bet a great many of those calling for the heads of those who drive under the influence of alcohol drive under the influence of their prescription medicines all the time.

People taking many allergy medications, and anti-depressants should not be allowed to drive, but they are.

People who make long commutes in order to afford that big house with the pool are also very dangerous on the road, as dangerous, if not more than people driving under the influence of alcohol, but nobody wants to punish them.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I see this happening far too often.

Just because this thread is about drunk drivers and that is what we are discussing does not mean that everyone else get’s a free pass!

Oh, let’s see... I call out drunk drivers, this means I must be ok with people on prescription drugs getting behind the wheel of a car. Great logic.

I call out drunk drivers which means I must not know the difference between 2 drinks over a 4 hour dinner and being drunk. Good logic.

I must be a fool for calling out drunk drivers. That’s what this thread is about!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join