It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize Drunk Driving

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Should the penalty for failing to get 8 hours of sleep and then driving be the same as drinking and driving?

If you find a good, accurate and simple way for checking for it on the roads, I am all for it!
Of course the penalty for driving sleepy should be a bit lower, since you may not have a choice to get a sleep (insomnia, crazy neighborhood), but you always have a choice to get not drunk.
edit on 18/12/10 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

you can be flagged for buying to much spirit and while I don't agree with the check points because.

1. they don't catch that many drunk drivers.
2. an excuse to search you, your car, your person.
3. it is a violation of constitutional rights concerning illegal search's

one judge has already rule that it wasn't constitutional
www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Im sorry Mods but i have to voice my oppinion here, This entire post is Sick and so is anyone that agrees with it.

I allmost lost my familly because of a drunk driver who hit my parents car then drove away.
I dont see how Anyone Would dare agree with this guy, If you do, I hope you find sadness and regret in your lives like so many others have because of drink drivers.
You deserve nothing better, Walk in shame

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
Im sorry Mods but i have to voice my oppinion here, This entire post is Sick and so is anyone that agrees with it.

I allmost lost my familly because of a drunk driver who hit my parents car then drove away.
I dont see how Anyone Would dare agree with this guy, If you do, I hope you find sadness and regret in your lives like so many others have because of drink drivers.
You deserve nothing better, Walk in shame

did you even read it? and if you read it did you get what he was saying? if you need help I can give you the gist of you couldn't read any thing but the thread topic.. drunk drivers would still get punished so I don't get what all the hu bub is.. a spade is a spade..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Reaper: I agree about checkpoints. I do not agree with those at all. They compromise the integrity of the fourth and fifth amendments, in my opinion. They are fishing expeditions, so to speak, and we are not supposed to be subjected to such things in this country.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Reaper: I agree about checkpoints. I do not agree with those at all. They compromise the integrity of the fourth and fifth amendments, in my opinion. They are fishing expeditions, so to speak, and we are not supposed to be subjected to such things in this country.

~Heff

I agree with you totally on that lol.. they are just fishing I had one of my rifles in my jeep with me unloaded and with through the check point with it.. said it was in their it was unloaded and the guy told me it should have been in the trunk? I drive a jeep wrangler with no top.. what trunk? there is no trunk.. and as I pointed out that since my car didn't come with a trunk I can't put a weapon in to some thing that doesn't exist..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The public must be treated as adults and be given the adult responsibility to decide on their own if they are capable of driving without hurting themselves or anyone else. The State should not play the role of the nanny looter.

The reason that we have laws is because segments of the public lack responsibility and cannot control themselves. Booze and dope are often used in excess by the weak-willed and, should they endanger others by driving while impaired, they should be penalized. Apparently, all this has escaped the notice of the intellectual giant, Lew Rockwell, who also lacks responsibility and cannot control his habit of writing filler for an undersubscribed blog.
edit on 12/18/2010 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The mere fact that it is suggested, that drink drivers should be allowed to drive UNtill they kill someone, Then the full force of the law should be brought down on them is wrong.

Im sorry reaper but you should really consider handing yourself for Sectioning

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

The mere fact that it is suggested, that drink drivers should be allowed to drive UNtill they kill someone, Then the full force of the law should be brought down on them is wrong.

Im sorry reaper but you should really consider handing yourself for Sectioning

its pre-crime.. will it happen no is it alright to talk about and debate? yes and yes it falls under pre-crime.. I can see it from both ways.. and what is sectioning? nvm google it ... lol.. don't think so .. I like my freedom..
edit on 18-12-2010 by Reaper2137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Is this a joke? Seriously I can't help but think I'm getting trolled here....

The creator of this topic obviously is angered by the number of DUI's he's gotten in the past, grow up and get over it. If you or anyone else really need alcohol so badly that you can't stay away from it long enough to drive home sober you should go to rehab.

What a crock..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Saying its pre-crime is suggesting that a crime isnt allready been commited By infact driving under the influence,Which it infact is, If you are drinking and driving you Are commiting a Crime and should be punished regardless of weather you kill some womans baby daughter, Or cause a muti-Car pile up.

Some poeple shouldnt have freedom
I work as a social carer and ive seen poeple locked Away for much less than their Vomit worthy Oppinions

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Nice version:

Life takes liberty over pursuits of happiness and liberty to do so. IE, don't make other's lives threaten by your drunkenness.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Loving the "Nice" version, To be honest the Naughty version didnt seem so bad to me

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I thought this was one of those sites where one would find more open minded people.....

It would seem that I am wrong,from a lot of the responses.

There must be a total lack of understanding of the responsibilities of freedom with many here.

Most times,drunk driving is a "victimless crime",unless of course,you are one of those ravenous,foaming at the mouth MADD Mommies.One of those people who wants to blame everyone in the world who ever consumed a drop of alcohol for the harm of your kiddies.....

Just another example of the helpless way in which people rely on others to protect them.

Now go out and run over somebody else's kid,while blabbering about nothing important on your damned cel-phone on your way to Wal-Mart,since you don't drink,you didn't do anything wrong,Right?.

The problem isn't drunk drivers,as much as it is just "Dumb Drivers",drunk drivers don't wreak as much havoc,or spread as much carnage as people who are just out driving around with their heads up their asses.

And I think it is totally safe to say,nearly all of you do have a "Fleshy Asshat".

Most of you wouldn't understand responsibility if it bit you in the arse.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm rather late to this thread, but on the off chance that no one else has brought this up:

Ok let's legalise drunk driving and while we're at it let's do the same for aircraft pilots and ship captains. I also think that Homer has shown us that it would be fine for workers at nuclear power plants to drink on the job too.

The only way I would agree with the OPs point is if ALL (without exception) drunk drivers who crashed caused damage or injured and killed people were treated and charged as if they deliberately with premeditation used their vehicles as lethal weapons.

Kill or seriously permanently disable someone- automatic death sentence.

Knock someone over or injure passengers or other drivers- automatic attempted murder sentence.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

There are a lot of things in this country that are illegal that shouldn't be, but proposing that driving while intoxicated should be legal? For lack of a better word, is Rockwell retarded?

In 2008, 37,261 people were killed due to drunk driving. (Source) Plenty of legislation gets passed on just one victim of a crime gaining the attention of the law makers, but I really don't see how DWI can be grouped in with that. Not to mention the burden to the tax payers.

-B
edit on 18-12-2010 by baked because: typo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
is this thread a segment from the onion?

2nd.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

That's right,it is wrong to charge someone with a crime they never committed.

It should be a lesser infraction,not the legalized gang rape by authorities for doing damage that never occurred.

Getting a DUI is like a menstruating woman swimming in shark infested water.

Everybody shows up to take a sniff,and bite off a chunk.

In the end,many people's lives are utterly destroyed by a simple flub up.

I am not saying that there are not some who genuinely have a problem though.....

But some things happen whether or not you try to prevent them,they always have,always will.

People in the U.S. lead such sheltered,dumb ass lives,they have no real grasp on reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join