It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

That's a sad and ugly fact but it's true.

That's the scariest part of this whole thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by benzjie
reply to post by Chai_An

I've always wondered why fat people talk about themselves as.." I am a big person " . You're not big..you're fat.
Big is someone who exercises.

I have no idea where you are going with this point. However in my opinion saying you are big is the same as saying your are fat I personally don't see a difference in meaning by using either word.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Cant exercise because you got kids

I bet you got time to watch American idol, bet you got time to surf the web, blog, facebook, post on forums.

Just be honest with yourself and admit your to lazy to exercise.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
what is it about talking about fat people that makes fat people so mad? Other then reasons for illnesses, just cause for being over weight. what would be another just reason be so mad?l
possible reason and asnwers
1) cant walk away from computer=no exercise. answer walk away from the computer 15 minutes a day
2) love food more then one could imagine ( I know a family like this)=compulsive obssession.Answer: Just say no
3) gained so much weight= Gave up Answer: I believe in you
4) called fat and. obese everytime you go outside= became a hermit. Answer: words go away just like the weight

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

What your stating is a "general fact" there are always exceptions to the rule, and my point is that if your willing to value one life less because that life doesnt fit the best mold then you are, even though you may not wish to, you are making one life less than another.

Sadly, there have been world leaders who have thought this way. Need I go through a sample list of who they were?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

What your stating is a "general fact" there are always exceptions to the rule, and my point is that if your willing to value one life less because that life doesnt fit the best mold then you are, even though you may not wish to, you are making one life less than another.

Sadly, there have been world leaders who have thought this way. Need I go through a sample list of who they were?

I see your point and I salute you for making it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Having kids is no excuse. I get it though, when you have kids you're often on the go all the time, not much time for yourself and when you do, you're exhausted. Break out that 8 minute fat blast Tae Bo tape, then. Or learn to actually enjoy exercise. I am sure you could squeeze in a simple 30 minutes a day? you may be tired, but you have to train yourself to do it no matter what (unless youre sick)..Today, I exercised for 45 minuites on 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Why? Because I am determined to get the body I had a year ago. If I can exercise that long on 2 1/2 hours sleep, mothers who are tired can do it too. And as someone else said, if you have time to be on the net, you have time to exercise so stop making excuses.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

fact is most fat/larer(est) people cant find work and the work they do find is lower waged work that offers no insurance....america has issues with larger people, I know I was one of you at one time

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Again I reply with generalizations. "One of you"? Do you know me?
edit on 17-12-2010 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

she can exercise with her children regardless the age, this brings a great example at a young at prevents a future problem

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I nearly choked on my drink when the first ad I saw while scrolling down the thread was for cheap restaurant coupons.

Oh, but in addition, with something constructive.

It IS possible to lose the weight, it IS NEVER too late and you have NEVER let yourself go too far.

This time 18 months ago I weighed around 105kg. I am current sitting on a steady 65 - 68. How? Cut out the junk food and walked for 30 minutes every day. That is all.

So simply the message is: Find some self-respect, find some will power and get off your butt. If you are anything like me, just the slightest bit results-driven, the first few weeks are the toughest. But once you start seeing a change it drives you even harder. Just make that effort to start.

/rant.
edit on 17-12-2010 by fooffstarr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hehehehehehe, Been chuckling through this terrific thread, lmao. Well funny you should give this drill I mean, send out the positive vibes to all of us beautiful fat friends of yours, ok yeah I get it.

I was unaware you had lost so many lbs, I know that you were getting outback and walking your talk, but I guess I have always liked the pictures I've seen of you.

Thank you for the gentle reminder and you are right, it has never been more important to take our well being into that top priority this year, for me it is more stretching and meditation, but to each his own.

I like some people and animals and creatures as they are naturally meant to be...

Afterall beuuty comes in every shape, size and color, but you know that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7385d4e35a9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 17-12-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

You're bending it into something it isnt. yes there are some fat people who happen to be pretty healthy, but that certainly isnt the norm. and if they stay overweight eventually health problems will catch up with them. I think it was something like you were 3 times as likely to die a premature death? Something like that. I am not saying their life is worth less than anyone else's, I am simply stating a fact that they cost society more money in general for healthcare than other groups of people. That being said, that should be a red flag for socierty to step up its efforts to educate people and make them aware and care about their own health.

Sadly its much more complicated than that. As was previously discussed many poor people are forced to eat junk because it is so cheap. I would say being poor you're probably also more likely to be depressed, and give up. If everyone could afford good, balanced, healthy food, that would be a great start to fixing this obesity mess.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Exactly its not the kids, you can exercise dont use kids as a excuse.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

I do not know you, however being an exfataholic I know a fat person from a thin person, thin talk a promote thin and do get mad at a topic regarding thin, however when I was fat-OBESE, ( obese is a person 35lbs or more overweight for the threads records) I would get angry mad at this type topic, therefore next blabberation about us not knowing you and ???

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

fat or ex fat see eye to eye soul to soul

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi antar.

I haven't seen you in like forever.
Thank you for a wonderful response

I love all forms of sea life. Guess you knew that though.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Im not blending this into something it isnt at all. This all comes down to the debate over which life is more valuable than the other.

It always starts small, with isolated groups, then as the "machine" grows, other groups are found to be less than desirable.

It grows from there.

All life is valuable, worthy for a chance for life no matter the cost, and that is one absolute we simply cannot abandon otherwise in time we follow other "perfectionists" such as Hitler, and Stalin.

That is simply the end result.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by Chai_An

fat or ex fat see eye to eye soul to soul

Really??? Interesting.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Honestly, It the point needs to be said about this whole thread which is simply awful.

The hospitals in America arent filled to the brim with the fat slobs of our nations. They are also filled with those thin people who have smoked, or those who drank to much. They are also filled with those thin types who worked themselves to death and buckled under uncontroled stress in their lives.

These also are a drain on society and cost us much treasure each year, do we tell them "no" you smoked too much or you didnt control your stress enough, or you drank too much?

What about all the undocumented people getting free healthcare that fill emergency rooms each night? Do we tell them to hit the road because they are less than human?

Just a question....all life is precious.....even the fat lives.....peace out everyone, and Merry Christmas : )

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join