It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Dang SLAYER69!
You got a problem with fat people or something?

The world knows that America is fat.
It's ashame.

Being fit is much better than being fat.
There are so many more things you can achieve when you are in shape.

I am 100% positive that being fat is a choice.
Just like other things.

I feel that anyone can control their appetite.
It just takes effort.
People are lazy...and...
I believe because our economy is consumer based, it's a strategic market.
And whats one of the biggest markets?
FOOD.

...and obviously some people have no self-control.
Because food companies are not forcing the food down their throat...

Good thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Lmfao... Wasnt what expected to see.. Good thread and hope that even a few get the message .. Its a shame people shorten their lifespans due to not eating healthy and exercising.. S&F even though not from the states its an important message for people everywhere..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
yup. i am.

in high school i had a 34 inch waist and weight about 330. i was a machine.

now i have a inch waist and weigh lbs.

Honestly, the only reason we are looking to make some changes is for my son, not me. I am happy the way i am, and will likely end up fat again before it is all said and done. I lose weigh rapidly.

but women? i just like fat chicks. i don't want a skinny girl. The girls most of you find attractive look sickly to me. i would rather have a girl that jiggles when she jumps.

so, then this creates a problem.

But we are going to chang ethings for the boy. When he is an adult he can decide to fatten up as much as he wants. until then, we are going to have to slim him down.

I bet you thought twice about sending a U2U about this thread to someone who calls themselves "fat" in their user name.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sorry Slayer I have to post I`m not American I`m Aussie.

Your OP was as refreshing as a cold beer after a hard days work in the sun.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PixelDuster
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey, Slay, thanks for the thread.

Sad to say I'm in your scope's sights, but it's getting better slowly.

Lots of depression involved, on many levels... and I'm sure diet is the cause of some of it. Pretty much have always been depressed though. Over four decades.

For a while I was doing really well, was walking a lot and eating as right as I could... lost like 80+ pounds... but then the depression returned and it's been downhill in all areas.

Turning it around bit by bit though now... down about 30 currently and counting. Quite a bit to go. I'm determined to get my ducks in a row, though.

There's much to be said for nailing down a mindset of self-esteem... [these states definitely oscillate wildly in me addled old synapses]... similar to the one that's required to conquer nicotine... but I did that once for a while so I know it can be so.

As my former friend Eggs Ackley used to bellow into the shop upon leaving... "Attitude is everything!"

He's right.

Peace, man, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Pixel

Oh, yeah, about to Google GirlGenius' hCG and am wondering what the heck exactly that thing is that thedeadtruth is on about...

Good luck to you, i believe that if you have a dependency on food as as something that consoles you its much harder, cos you need it to live, you cant abstain it from your life, fags, (smoking) is my thing, im not a heavy smoker but i do love my 10 a day, so i know giving up something you love is hard, especially if its something you need.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Agree most can probably control their appetites. Our culture has become one of excess. This is one way in which that has manifested itself.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Very amusing post.

I agree with how fat people are a drain on the economy far more than people are aware.

No sympathy for fatties. Just lazy!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
2/3rds of America.

That is telling of what we have become.
A culture that has evolved into people who do not
go outside, do not move around much in the house,
do not enjoy playing actual basketball,
or any other real recreational sport, because the virtual
versions are so much more entertaining and much less work.

Seriously, how many people actually go outside with their kids anymore?
Go outside to shoot hoops, play catch, swim in the summer...

When is the last time most families built snowmen together, built snow forts,
and had a snowball fight?

Do kids even really know how to play a board game or anything that is not
connected to the Internet or the 55" LCD TV?

Most people can't even cook, because it is easier to buy the frozen restaurant dinners from
TGIF or the Frescetta pizza when one doesn't feel like struggling into the decent clothes
that are getting too tight, & trudging out to dinner with the family,
or standing up at a stove for more than the three microwave minutes...

It's not isolated to America... Europe has steadily shown a huge increase in obesity,
even in France, the land of tiny people.

When one does order food in a restaurant or buy prepacked food, it is always way too much
for a "regular" eater. Not a person who is trying to lose weight, a "regular" person...one who has not "evolved"
with the society into shoving way too much food down their throat at one sitting.

If you don't partake of the supersize option or want all the extra things with a meal,
you are looked at as if you are crazy... If it's free, eat it!! If it is only 20 cents more, eat it!!

Obesity will be the number one killer in America within the next ten years.
While Pfizer and Corps all sit back and laugh at all the money they make off the
fat slobs and their obesity related conditions.
edit on 17-12-2010 by thegoodearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacevic

Agree most can probably control their appetites.

Got only ONE thing to add...

CONTROL THIS

Don't Worry, Be Happy

EAT

edit on 17-12-2010 by zorgon because: PHAGE has been ABDUCTED by ALIENS

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That does look good! But I think I could enjoy it all in moderation

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It all starts with being honest with yourself. Get naked. Stand in front of the mirror. Dance a little, or dance a lot. Do you like what you see? What do you like? What don't you like? Nobody is perfect by any means so if there is a jiggle here or there and you're happy, well done. Eat and workout to maintain health, weight and happiness.

If there's a whole lotta jiggling and you're not happy start slow, one step at a time. Watch what you eat, get moving/exercising a little or a lot and keep going... We have a life to live and we owe it to ourselves, our families and our friends to live it the best we can (that includes health and happiness) as a top priority. No excuses. Get up, get moving, be the best You, you can be. Happy holidays everybody!

edit on 17-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Not being facetious but I could control that. I know what I can comfortably consume. That's why I don't waste stomach space on salads.
Seriously, moderation is the key. Exercise is also key.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes there are lots of excuses for being overweight. A very small % are valid.

The fact is most people just eat too much and too often. 3 meals a day even if they do not have a physical job or are still growing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by zorgon

Not being facetious but I could control that. I know what I can comfortably consume. That's why I don't waste stomach space on salads.

sorry, whats wrong with salads?, i hate all the greasy foods we consume, i dont mind a few chips or roast potatoes buts what wrong with greens? (btw, the day you know you dont have an issue with food is when you choose a salad not cos your fat but because you prefer the taste).

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth

Yes there are lots of excuses for being overweight.

That's the thing. You say "excuses", I say "factors". It's fortunate that you have the time to exersize. Some don't. Some peoples genetics get in their way. Fortunately mine didn't.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by PixelDuster
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good luck to you, i believe that if you have a dependency on food as as something that consoles you its much harder, cos you need it to live, you cant abstain it from your life, fags, (smoking) is my thing, im not a heavy smoker but i do love my 10 a day, so i know giving up something you love is hard, especially if its something you need.

Hey, thanks!

There's a bit of the consolation aspect involved... but less and less now as it is really on my mind these days. But it does rumble around...

I'm eating a lot less than before which is helping in spades. Now to tackle the quality issue, which I think discipline, planning and Eggs' attitude will master. Done it before, but not all the way. This needs to change.

I smoke a pack a day... and am determined to tackle that one too. Ten a day is cool... my sis does even less... dunno how you do it. I'd stopped for 6 months once. Need to find that mindset again.

Merry Christmas

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

I was just joking DW. I eat a lot of veg. LOVE broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, etc. I really hate lettuce though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Sorry we don't understand 'moderation' at my feasts
We did one as an apology to the Princess of Caid... a 6 course meal (that is basically 6 meals in a row with a different meat and sides for each course) Let me tell you that was a feat to pull off in windy weather

Presenting the Beast...

Her Majesty Queen Anastasiia, Queen of Caid (the former Princess) and Sir Ragnar (just knighted on the field that day)

Ahhh tis good to wear the crown

But I agree Exercise is the key
We do get plenty of that

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

To control metabolism and reduce viscera body fat only takes 10 minutes of the right kind of exercise, every second day.

Who could not find that kind of time if they had their priorities straight ?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Im am going to hop up out of my chair right now, come over to your house and kick your butt.
eh
maybe later..I still have a bag of Lays..

I was about 40 pounds overweight for a while. But I lost 35 of it just with a little exercise, a slight change of diet (kicked out almost ALL fast food). And more water, less soda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join