It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Don't Shoot The Messenger (FYI This is about WikiLeaks)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
First I would like to state that I was not sure where I should post this thread. I did a search to see where most of the Wikileaks threads were located and it seems that there are posts about it in almost every forum. That having been said I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm sure that there are people out there who have already seen this video but I would like to post it anyway. It's a video made by youtube user Stefbot he gives his opinions on the WikiLeaks situation and IMO he is hitting the nail right on the head.

While I do agree with the fact that Assange did release some documents that could threaten national security, what about the documents he released that show the US government involved in illegal activities, some might even go as far to say terrorist activities?

I agree with stefbot we are about to shoot the messenger and it's not a good thing. So please watch the video and let me know what you think.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

Yes, the Government and MSM have deflected the attention away from the content of the leaks and focused on the messenger..

I just hope enough people see through this and keep the information as the focus..
It is working as even here in Australia we DO hear about the leaks that effect us...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's good to hear that as a society Australia is taking the steps to help Assange and shed even more light on the subjects pertaining to it's citizens. I wish America would get of it's high horse and take the same steps. Of course in the eyes of America, we don't negotiate with terrorists and having effectively manipulated the masses into believing that Assange is a terrorist I feel like there is no hope for my country at least.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2010 by fasteronfire because: Double Post Sorry

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great video.
The same criminals who these documents are about have been in the newspapers and on TV calling for the head of Assange.
They seem to be doing a good job of deflecting public opinion because the only news is about Assange and not the actual leaks.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Thats a very valid point. Sarah Palin makes me laugh, why anyone could take her seriously I will probably never understand.
It's just so blatantly obvious that whats going on is wrong yet a majority of us choose to turn a blind eye?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There is a major difference in a Messenger delivering a warning and a Whistle blower.

I do not agree with wikileak for several reasons, the biggest & most important one is this....

Ok, We all know that governments partake in illegal activities that if the average group of people did would land them front page on the news in a smear campaign. we know this, this is nothing new. From the day's of the boston tea harbor incident to current times. Majority of the population of America and countries outside of America believe the war in Iraq is not 1 on terror but 1 on profits and conquest. We all know America has skeletons in her closet.

What is the problem is Assange(sp?) is exposing these skeleton's at rate's that we all can not absorb and study to gain a proper understanding of it before the next skeleton is yank out and put on display, It is my sincere and honest opinion and feelings that anyone who support this man is a person who wants to see anarchy and chaos sweep the world over. He is not only exposing American practices, but the practices of other countries world wide. these act's and actions have the potential to harm alot of people, and he is not doing it to correct the issue's he is doing it for causes and reasons that (to me) seem to be for clandestine reason's that are anything but positive. He has been attacking his own homeland before moving on to bigger attacks, so it strikes a flag with me that if he isn't loyal to his own homeland he care's not for another man's or woman's homeland.

Also, You all here on ATS are always talking about the government being too intrusive, having too much power, and enacting too many laws that stifle the liberties and freedom's of it's citizens, but yet majority of you turn right around and support the very actions/act's from a person/person's that would bring about these very same consequences you all claim to hate. How could anyone with a thought of their own support what Assange(sp?) is doing? especially when one of the major net news subjects has been the "Kill Switch" that everyone is scared of the American Government putting into play? Again, it's like you all are scared of the house burning down, but yet you welcome the idiots who come running up to the fire with gasoline super-soakers aimed at it.

I think wikileaks, needs to really get a grasp of themselves and understand the potential (not for world change) but the potential for harming many people through their actions.

And truth be told, this seem's like a Problem-Solution scheme from the jump anyways. but for some reason not too many people question how was this leak of classified, secret and top-secret information even possible from the get go. I swear people, you all are like victims suffering from Stockholm syndrome.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Ronin22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
[. i]reply to post by Ronin22

Thank you for your insight.
You disagreed with my opinion but you stated in a way wasn't bashing anyone elses ideas.
Thank you for that.

You brought a very valid point to my attention. While I still hold strong in my support for Assange releasing thousands of documents doesn't seem to be the right way to go about it. Most Americans will not take the time to read all of them and will rely on the media for their information. I guess what I'm saying is I agree with your point just for different reasons.
edit on 19-12-2010 by fasteronfire because: typo

new topics

top topics

join