It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does the media do the terrorists' job for them???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am shure the terrorists try to use the media that way however I dont agree with those who say the media is bad for covering them because I think everyone deserves a voice to speak their views and tell their side of the story, also its helps everyone get a clearer view of whats really going on instead of depending on he say/she say of the few. the media can provide important information to let everyone make their own chioce on who is right or wrong and so forth.

now with the internet and satalite we are getting exposed to more media sources both mainstream and alternitive and I like alternitive media as well because they tend to cover what the big guys sometimes overlook.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bout Time, not name calling here my husband is a jarhead too, and it drives me crazy sometimes, but he is my jarhead and I love him

Jarheads, Zoomies, Squids, Grunts.......it's all love till the first punch is thrown, some get beat like they owed a bookie money, then it's back to the love! As long as the patch has the right number of stars, it's all good.

Tony Snow? "One of the Best"? In preaching to the choir, sure; that's why Fox Heads eat that shiit up. But then again, if you're Director of Speech Writing for a Bush president, as he was, it's obvious as to why.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
so...

is it safe to say that the media is a political weapon???

is it also safe to say that the president can use terror attacks to scare people into voting for him for "protection"???

make NO mistake americans the media IS biased and points to the president as a good guy...

think about it...

i heard this statement once:

"General Electrics (GE) is the sponser of FOX news AND General Electrics is a sponser of president bush"

makes a person think...

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I changed Tony Snow to Brit Hume, although I believe that Snow is very good also. I challenge anyone to name someone comparable.

Originally posted by they see ALL
so...

is it safe to say that the media is a political weapon???

I think that's a safe statement.

is it also safe to say that the president can use terror attacks to scare people into voting for him for "protection"???

I believe he can try...and about the same number of people who buy it will discount it.

What I don't believe is that a president will deliberately create terror attacks in order to get re-elected.

make NO mistake americans the media IS biased and points to the president as a good guy...

This I have to totally disagree with you on. Look at this partial list: LA Times, NY Times, Boston Globe, Washington Post, Katy Couric, Tom Brokaw, Peter Jennings, NPR, Howard Stern, Michael Moore, Dan Rather, Don Imus, Ted Koppel, and many more. All liberal, anti-Bush.

i heard this statement once:

"General Electrics (GE) is the sponser of FOX news AND General Electrics is a sponser of president bush"

makes a person think...

Not at all. Jack Welch is a very prominent, powerful man. Nothing illegal or unusual about him having conservative political leanings.

Do you think there is anything unusual in this headline from The Chosun Ilbo?:

George Soros Fund Bids for Daehan and Korea Investment & Securities
Billionaire hedge fund manager George Soros has bid for Daehan Investment & Securities and Korea Investment & Securities.

Do you know who George Soros is, or his political affiliations? Hint: he won't be voting for Bush this November.

It's a big wide world out there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join