It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel has NYT vending machine in crawl space? (photos real or fake)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

www.suntimes.com...

So basically the story is, Rahm is trying to run for Chicago mayor, but is having a legal trouble because he is not a resident and is renting his home out to a new family that didn't want to leave after they asked them in confidentiality to leave so Rahm could be a Chicago citizen. Then they claimed these photos prove they have some items stored in the basement while the tenants live there, to me, that doesn't mean they live there so I'm not sure which angle they are going for here, but the photo, real or fake, has a NYT vending machine in the crawl space next to sentimental things of his wife. But, he is still not living there regardless, so I'm not sure if the photos will save him.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Weird "Coca Cola" suitcase.....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
maybe someone could zoom in on the newspaper, and determine the date?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Then they claimed these photos prove they have some items stored in the basement

first off, who is "they". you will find that the people whom investigated will indeed be the answer
second, the clause is your a resident if you plan on returning
third, there is clauses for governmental work for absense (he was doing governmental work)

The pictures are real, the case is a red herring.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Then they claimed these photos prove they have some items stored in the basement

first off, who is "they". you will find that the people whom investigated will indeed be the answer
second, the clause is your a resident if you plan on returning
third, there is clauses for governmental work for absense (he was doing governmental work)

The pictures are real, the case is a red herring.

well that's your opinion, if there is a clause for government work why not just use that rather than sending a photographer to take pictures within 90 minutes? Plus clause three would eliminate the need for clause two, so which is it? He's not returning since the tenants don't want to leave (although this story might change their minds), or is he using a government work absence? Clause four: there's a NYT vending machine in his crawl space.
edit on 17-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The paper in the vending machine is from Obama's inauguration here

Personally, I think the photos are fake. I've never left anything untouched for two years, especially in a crawl space or basement, and it not a layer of dust on all of it, and to my eyes, the whites still look very white. Just my opinion.

Am I missing something? How did the larger items (the NYT box and extra large boxes fit through that tiny door?
edit on 17-12-2010 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Personally, I think the photos are fake. I've never left anything untouched for two years, especially in a crawl space or basement, and it not a layer of dust on all of it, and to my eyes, the whites still look very white. Just my opinion.

Am I missing something? How did the larger items (the NYT box and extra large boxes fit through that tiny door?

Well I have. In my parents unfinished basement, I have had stuff in storage there for over 4 years. Untouched. Well, I do occasionally go down there and grab certain things, but there still sitting in the same organized pile since 2006. There isnt much dust at all on them. If needed, I can take a picture and post it tomorrow.
The relevance to this is, maybe you haven't and maybe I have.....but what does that mean?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

good find, maybe they liked that cover so much they bought the whole machine? lol. Well either way I think it is pointless to show these pictures off if everyone knows they aren't living there and the tenants have no motivation to leave, although I'm sure they'll encourage the tenants to relocate.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

well that's your opinion, if there is a clause for government work why not just use that rather than sending a photographer to take pictures within 90 minutes?

establishes intent to return, the clause allows for extended leave..so long as they plan on returning
they work together

He's not returning since the tenants don't want to leave (although this story might change their minds),

The tenants are demanding 100k to break contract. aka, blackmailing. Chances are he will simply rent something out then give them nothing. either way, that doesn't effect the current "case" against his residency status. he is a resident..this is just distraction for...?

or is he using a government work absence? Clause four: there's a NYT vending machine in his crawl space.
edit on 17-12-2010 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

not sure what that has anything to do with anything

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

so if you know so much about Rahm's position, care to explain why he has a NYT vending machine in his crawl space? You seem to know everything else about the incident so please, share your wisdom. Where exactly do you obtain a vending machine? Maybe he wanted the newspaper with Obama and Michelle on the cover, wouldn't it be more practical to frame the newspaper as opposed to lugging around a 100+? pound machine around? And how sentimental is it if he leaves it in the crawl space of his tenants? Again, you're the expert here, please enlighten me.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The basement is definitely from a house in a big city (likely Chicago or suburb). You cant tell by the metallic raceways for the lights. Code in Chicago requires electrical in houses to be run in metal raceways. Other than that, it does look too maintained (clean) for being down there two years untouched.

new topics

top topics

join