It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the tired folks care to try an experiment?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

hahahahahaha....you don't have to put in on the stove bro....just pop a small chunk into your mouth, it'll start melting right away, then start sucking it between your teeth, fron left then right etc.for at least 5 minutes.

I felt better the 2nd day after using the coconut oil...but you may take longer...and you can eat a chunk if you wish.

The pulling is like a two-fer......you're cleaning out excess bacteria [ spit it in garbage can, don't swallow ] and what ever can get into your bloodstream from under the tongue is what will help your liver with energy production etc...so you can eat the oil if you wish, it tastes pleasant and you shouldn't gag on it like you would sunflower oil etc.

and please check out the unhealthy oils link and the fat and cancer link.

thanks for giving it a shot and please post results

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
nikoli,

sorry, didn't answer about the pill.......I'm leery of posting it, because I don't want folks buying it unless they get no results from the oil or cream.

I PROMISE, I'll u2u after you use the coconut oil/cream for a week, but by then, I'm pretty sure you're not gonna want to spend extra money on something you no longer need!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I understand about the medicine certainly u2u me if you feel it has helped though. I just microwaved it for 25 seconds but I do wonder what effects the microwave has on it so I'll move to your method and see how that goes.

I'm very excited about trying this experiment, if it works,I'll be eternally grateful and will post results,I'm gonna give it at least two weeks. I know theres alot to be said for certain oils and your health,look how healthy the inuits or eskimos are due to their diet and fish oils they consume.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It has been a little over a week. I had problems a first. A tablespoon was too much so I have cut down to about 2/3 of a tablespoon. I also had problems with the 20 minutes but have build up to it. I have been using first press EV raw coconut oil. I do not spit down the drain when I am done because I do not want to put oil that goes solid at 76 degrees F in the pipes. So when I spit it out I put a paper towel in a plastic bag and spit it out in that then throw it in the trash. Ok, for the results after the first week.

Fatigue:………. I feel more awake and aware most of the time. For this issue it is working. I have also noted that coffee is much more effective. This is causing problems sleeping at night. I am cutting down on the coffee. I also have more problems first getting out of the bed in the morning. But once up I am up and functional much sooner.

Mouth health: …………. Gums have showed great improvement. Much healthier, pink color and even starting to grow back up the teeth. My left top molar in the back was having some pain and this is associated with earache in the left ear. It is still there but greatly diminished. White coating on tongue has not changed. Color of teeth have not changed.

Sinuses and headaches: ………….Sinuses are clearer and the amount of headaches have reduced. Since it is only one week this improvement might be just normal flux from the weather.

Skin:……………… no visibly noticeable change however the winter itch that I always have this time of year is gone.

Other things that I have noticed: ………. Since starting this I have had extreme cravings for sugar and breads. I have also noted that the frequency of my BMs has reduced. The big change that I have noticed is my hip problem. For 20 years I have had pain in my left hip. Sometimes so bad I just cannot walk more that a few yards. Since the doctors never could find the cause of it I have just been living with it taking aspirin and other over the counter pain relief. Since OP the pain has almost disappeared. This one thing by itself makes this all worth it. I would OP if this was the only thing that it did but it seems to be doing a whole lot more.

I will try and report back next week for a 2 week report.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

Well that is really good news.

I'm quite pleased all the way around and apparently you are as well!

funny how people can find the darnedest things on the internet that actually help other people!!!!

you may want to get a stainless steel tongue scraper to attack that stubborn area on your tongue, it'll help the oil do it's job.

I've heard others comment that sesame oil was better for whitening, if that's an issue for you, so, just remember to keep either eating the coconut oil or eat some coconut cream to get your oil and keep your energy going!

edit on 28-12-2010 by toasted because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
as for sugar cravings....a cpl things come to mind

another doctor said that we crave the things we don't digest well.....just something to consider.

and the other from the doctor who wrote the pulling book

eating sugar is like putting fertilizer on the bacteria in your body..

with that in mind, could the bacteria actually cause a crave cuz they're not being fed like they were?

I can't say for sure....but I don't think that possibility has really been explored much by researchers.

I still get some sugar cravings....just brush your teeth ASAP to get the gunk off your teeth so it doesn't/can't feed the bacteria in your jaw/gumline/teeth

at the risk of repeating myself, dr fife says the NORMAL flow of the body is from the inside of the tooth out and it leaves a nice ph on your teeth

when we consume sugar, the flow reverses, cuz now the bacteria is getting fed....and that's why wee need to get it off our teeth ASAP to keep our natural ph protected teeth protected....let the bacteria starve and die !!!..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Hi Toasted,

How have your results been now that you've been doing it longer? I will try this, and I will try to get my wife to try it as well. I have never had a cavity, and I have healthy teeth and gums, but I could always use more energy. My wife has very unhealthy teeth and gums (probably due to Celiacs Disease), so this could be great for her.

I will report back.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by toasted

Hi Toasted,

How have your results been now that you've been doing it longer? I will try this, and I will try to get my wife to try it as well. I have never had a cavity, and I have healthy teeth and gums, but I could always use more energy. My wife has very unhealthy teeth and gums (probably due to Celiacs Disease), so this could be great for her.

I will report back.

I think that it might be a candida die off. Candida can force the body to have sugar and bread cravings. www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Thank you. I don't think that applies to my wife, as she does not really like breads or pastas and she only weighs 90 pounds! She has been trying to gain weight as long as I have known her, and once in a while she gets up to around 102 or 103. Her highest weight ever was 125, just before our first son was born.

Celiac's Disease is the result of a missing enzyme that processes Gluten. It is similar to a Wheat Allergy. If someone with the disease eats Gluten, the Celia die off in their small intestine and they can't process their other nutrition. It requires a Gluten Free diet to combat it.

Anyhow, it was an interesting read. It mentions "alkalizing" the body, and I have recently tried Kangen Water. Check it out, it was very thorough at "cleansing" my body and it is supposed to be great at alkalizing the body. Unfortunately I cannot get it in my town, so if I want to keep drinking it, I will have to purchase my own machine. My brother is able to get the water for free from a healthfood store in his town.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

all she may need is to eat the coconut cream....it'll be like chicken soup, it can't hurt.

it is supposed to help digestion and insulin production as well as give enerdy....ummm, it boosted my libido too..

I didn't have time today, but I'm gonna also try some cherry flavored cod liver oil...yup, just like the old days. cuz it is supposed to be good for hormone production as well as give you vitamins.....probably should of had it as a kid, but I'm in a curious mood to try certain things.

she may want to add that, after trying the cream for a while....she could also just eat that oil, it is quite pleasant too and goes down easy...not like cod liver oil...[ shivers ]..

has anyone sent for any of dr fifes books?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I realize it is NEW YEARS EVE

but , I'd love to hear back from more folks.

Perhaps this is bad timing for a reminder bump....

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks, Toasted for a very interesting thread and links. I've been having fatigue and low energy problems for a couple years, and it's tough! I'm self-employed and when I don't get things done I don't get paid; in other words I don't get paid by the hour--I get paid for production, and it's hard to produce when you don't have any energy.

So I've been trying just about everything; be it mental, psychological, physical or whatever... Another reason this thread caught my eye is that I've recently started oil pulling, and I've been doing that for the past couple of weeks, and I actually have been feeling a little better, but then I'm also doing a few other things simultaneously, so I'm not 100% sure whether it's the EFT; the oil pulling, or the supplements I've been taking.
Probably a combination of things...

I definitely see an improvement in my oral health since I've been OP'ing... teeth feel cleaner, gums don't bleed as much and my tongue is all pretty and pink. Most sites I've read say to use either sesame oil or sunflower oil. I started out using sesame oil, but it's hard to get the taste out of your mouth. Sunflower oil is cheaper and doesn't have as much of an aftertaste, so I've been using that.

As for coconut oil, I haven't had as much luck with it. I read about it in that Kevin Trudeau book Things they don't want you to know about, so I got a jar and started using it. Frankly I didn't notice a difference at all, but to be fair I didn't use it for that long... altho you said you got results pretty quick.

I'm willing to give it another shot, tho... Is there a particular kind that you use? Like cold-pressed, organic, or anything, or just any old coconut oil? Also when I tried it previously I think I was only taking it once a day, and I gathered you take it twice a day, right? And how much?

BTW, I'm also interested in the pill you were taking... is there a specific reason you don't want to post it? Because it's a brand name, maybe? I just thought it might benefit other people, too, if the coconut oil doesn't work, but of course if you don't want to say, I respect that, so it's cool.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ok I just over the two week point.

Fatigue: ….Fatigue has been setting back in but not as bad as before. I still seem to be super sensitive to the coffee now and , yes I admit it, I cannot stop. I find it hard to get up in the mornings but once up I wake up much quicker than before I started the OP.

Oral health: ….. Continuing to improve. Gums are a nice color and continuing to grow up the teeth. No tooth pain. No earache. Also the teeth are looking a little whiter.

Sinuses and headaches: ….. Nope it was not just the weather. I do have less headaches but I did have a big one on Tuesday. I can breath through my nose more now that I use to.

Skin: …. Still no visible change but not much problem there.

Other notes. Sugar cravings have vanished. I still eat too much but I do not have the cravings anymore. Hip pain reduced to a point I do not even notice it anymore most of the time.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

it sounds like a possibility

do bacteria have minds?

can they control cravings? [[ sorry, didn't read the link, no time right now ]] but I will

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperManny

I prefer nutiva, but almost any brand can be used....you'll start experimenting before too long.

If you aren't getting results energy wise from the coconut oil by pulling, then eat it!!!

take TBS [ tablespoon ful ] before going to bed each night...it'll give your body overnight to process it without rushing it.

after a few nights of doing that, let me know how your energy is!!

and I just learned the hard way, if you are trying to encourage using something in particular, don't put something else out there ...cuz folks get distracted, or if they didn't get quick results, then they go right to the other, cuz they're desperate...I know, been there done that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

try eating the oil, it is pleasant to the taste buds

and slides right down!!!

or order coconut cream or coconut manna and follow directions to reincorporate the oil into the coconut, and cool it quickly, then start eating it in chunks....it is deelicious!

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hello Toasted,

Well,I finally got some coconut oil,took me a while to find,It tastes much better than the sesame oil which is a bit rugged to taste to say the least...
I have been doing it every morning now for a week and i am finding that it has a good effect on my teeth,I have shockers btw,consequences of a toxic past,but now i am finding that they are whiter and feel cleaner and that seems to last a fair part of the day,it works much better than toothpaste so i have been pulling and then using some more on my toothbrush and using that instead,
As for the energy part,well,I can't say that i have noticed a great effect but i may need more than that alone,
A change of diet is in order and i think some exercise as well,I am not getting any younger so i need to
take a more proactive view.

I am really glad that i have taken this up,it feels good to do,Thanks for the introduction to it,I have passed it on to some others already and will continue to.

Regards

Violet.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I've read through the thread and gone to check out the link(s)... I'll jump on board and pick up some coconut oil tomorrow! I have coconut milk (canned) that we use for cooking, does this count as "coconut cream" or is it a different animal altogether? Just in case it is the same (or more similar than dis-) I'll be consuming some coconut milk tonight before bed...

I have suffered from fatigue, inability to fall asleep and then inability to wake up for my entire life that I can remember... I will be quite happy to report on any and all effects of this "therapy". Thank you for sharing and I'll be back in a week (or less?) with an update.

Best of the New Year to all!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackViolet

Well, I'm sorry you are not getting the same results, but don't give up yet....eat it!!! yes, eat the oil....about a Tbs per day at bedtime...and DON't DRINK alcohol!

let me relate a story....I was 28 in the hospital for a short stay, and after I got out, I got some vodka....and the one thing I noticed was, it SAPPED my energy, but like everyone else, I just went on drinking, but I never forgot it, but then again, I didn't know why.

well now I know why....because by that age, I had already done damage to my liver and just didn't know it.....

so, while doing this experiment, don't drink in the beginning....but if you want to test it out later after achieving results, go ahead and see how much energy you have after drinking! but then the losses will be on you!

thanks to those who decided to participate and I'm happy for those who did get results already, this is good news.

so, for those who didn't get energy results from pulling, don't give up the ship, just add eating the oil to your regiment, and don't drink!...and give it a few days...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HeartlandHijab

no, cocnut milk is not cream, but does contain cream.

you'll find the cream to be very pleasant to eat.

nutiva sells the cream and calls it manna.

tropical traditions calls it cream.

but for both of the creams, you have to reincorporate the oil that settles near the top, back into the body of the cream....by slowly heating it, then stirring it up, so that it is a consistent color, then put the lid back on and immerse it in chilled water. the reason for this is simple, it keeps the oil dispersed equally in the product.

at room temperature under 75, it remains a solid so keep it in a cool place.

I mention the cream for two reasons....one it tastes great, but two, it's an option and or change of pace from the oil.

I experimented mixing coconut cream and some pure maple syrup fudge I bought for mom for Christmas and it turned out better when I just mashed the parts together, then folded it, mashed it out some more and kept folding and mashing it, til it blended fairly even....then ate a chunk.....yeehaw!!!!! that is good eating....but I don't do that too often.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join