It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano Says DHS to Begin Battling Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Napolitano Says DHS to Begin Battling Climate Change

www.cnsnews.com

CNSNews.com) -- At an all-day White House conference on "environmental justice," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that her department is creating a new task force to battle the effects of climate change on domestic security operations.
This plan also noted: “Many USCG [Coast Guard] and Customs and Border Protection facilities, by their mission, are located in the coastal zone which will be adversely impacted by sea level rise.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
First creating "citizen informants" ala Nazi Germany, in your local WalMart, and now tackling "climate change"...

This is absurd. More fear mongering by the U.S. Government.
Throwing more good taxpayer money at an issue that the Government wants to "control".

Climate security? Perhaps they should tackle more pressing "security" issues, like our borders...

www.cnsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Securing our borders would make too much sense.. and prevent the LibDem vote base from expanding.

I really cant stand Napolitano. Really REALLY cant stand her,. I mean she had the audacity to say that veterans and active military should be put on the "watch lists"... seems like she has put EVERYONE but a voting Dem on a watch list to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes, this woman and her agenda are terrible...
I really don't understand the point of a "task force" for climate security...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Yes, this woman and her agenda are terrible...
I really don't understand the point of a "task force" for climate security...

**shrug** green police? Good citizen informants? More regulations on our lives and more fines for violating THEIR rules? Who knows.. but when its coming from her, it isnt good. I believe it was just yesterday she had a huge border security deal and didnt even invite the border enforcement folks..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I really cant stand Napolitano. Really REALLY cant stand her....

In watching this Administration do you sometimes feel like you are in the middle of a really awful Marx brothers movie but you just can't wake up?

.... Either the people in power in Washington and the financial community are total dimwits or they are manipulating an opportunity to redistribute wealth from taxpayers, equity owners and pension funds to the financial sector. Paul Craig Roberts former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury www.countercurrents.org...

I am thinking of going with the total dimwits. Obama, Bidden and Pelosi remind me of the three stoogies, except I think we would have been better off with Larry Curly and Moe.

If they are not dimwits then they are traitors. And no I can not stand the republicans either ---- Please can't we have another choice?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Same here.. dems and repubs.. same thing.Both crooks. Both saying one thing and doing another. Youre right.. it seems as if EVERYTHING they do is a staged act anymore. Even this tax thing. I was a young Republican in college and throughout some of my life.. it sure was a RUDE awakening.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
my question is this:

why would Janet go to all the trouble
of setting up a task force to see the effects
of climate change and rising waters would
have on operations if there was NOT a credible
threat of such to begin with ???

Does she know what's coming and is
preparing FEMA operations for the
adjustment ???

How much of an increase in water level
are we talking about here? 50 ft? 100 ft?
If it's 100 ft then I'm a goner anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Does this mean Mother Earth is going to be subjected to the DHS's enhanced pat-down searches and body scans too? Old Man Winter isn't going to be too pleased and don't let Father Time hear about this either!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This whole climate thing is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever heard of. I am sick of the fear mongering over it. What baffles me is that some people think they can actually change the climate of the planet. Everybody wants to feel important I guess.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
my question is this:

why would Janet go to all the trouble
of setting up a task force to see the effects
of climate change and rising waters would
have on operations if there was NOT a credible
threat of such to begin with ???

Does she know what's coming and is
preparing FEMA operations for the
adjustment ???

How much of an increase in water level
are we talking about here? 50 ft? 100 ft?
If it's 100 ft then I'm a goner anyway.

Boon, wouldnt matter if it was 1/2 an inch ocean level rise or .1 degree raise in temp.. you can whip the public up into a frenzy of fear and create GREAT opportunities in a false crisis. Like with everything else ( terror) and their wonderful actions against it ( TSA, patriot act, exec, wars on terrorism) there really doesnt have to be a threat for them to "SAVE" us from it. Whew, sure glad I gave up my freedoms for that security they give us. Gee, the security is so great we are going to be nuked on xmas and they will thwart it just in time!

( yes, Im a cranky crab today..
)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
One one hand having a task group investigate the potential effects of climate change on national infrastructure seems like a sensible idea.

Unfortunately the Department of Homeland security seems like the wrong people to be undertaking such a task. They also seem to have a unique ability to make everything they do sound ridiculous and sinister at the same time.

'Environmental Justice'. What a retarded term...

If the Stasi had a love child with the Keystone Cops you'd get the DHS :-)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Napolitano Says DHS to Begin Battling Crop Circles

At an all-day White House conference on "cereal justice," Homeland Security Minister Janet Napolitano announced that her department is creating a new "tiger team" task force to battle the effects of extaterrestrial propaganda.

This plan also noted: “Many Home Guard and Stasi facilities are located in the primary agricultural zone which is adversely impacted by anti-Establishment cerealogical graffiti."

Seriously, is my parody any more ridiculous than what these money-wasting idiots are doing? No, it is not. Shameful, criminal, neo-feudal freedom-hating crypto-fascist zombie teams are running amok. And you get to pay for these idiots beating you up?

Just laugh at them. They take themselves seriously, but they are joke.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
Napolitano Says DHS to Begin Battling Crop Circles

At an all-day White House conference on "cereal justice," Homeland Security Minister Janet Napolitano announced that her department is creating a new "tiger team" task force to battle the effects of extaterrestrial propaganda.

This plan also noted: “Many Home Guard and Stasi facilities are located in the primary agricultural zone which is adversely impacted by anti-Establishment cerealogical graffiti."

Seriously, is my parody any more ridiculous than what these money-wasting idiots are doing? No, it is not. Shameful, criminal, neo-feudal freedom-hating crypto-fascist zombie teams are running amok. And you get to pay for these idiots beating you up?

Just laugh at them. They take themselves seriously, but they are joke.

Better watch out, someone will take your parody seriously and use it in a thread proving the govt is at war with ET.

Blade runner avatar.. loved the movie

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Climate change and mainly sea level rise seems to be back in the news in Australia also..
They just made a new map showing most of the country with detailed heights and a sliding bar to show what sea level rise may do..

I also note they are looking at scenarios with a "worst case" of 1.1 meter rise by 2100..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Anyone else find it a bit moronic that DHS AND Bin Laden are fighting against climate change? I mean that's about the most hilarious thing I've ever heard: the US government and Bin Laden teaming up for a change to fight terrorism. It's a real "hands across America" moment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Does the DHS and all it's reaching into areas beyond what it was originally intended, reminded anyone of a group that formed and did the same far reaching security work circa 1936-1945?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
All of us know something is going on in DC that WE THE PEOPLE
have not been made privy to...Napolitano has just locked it in, in no uncertain terms.

How does one secure acts of nature??? One deals with acts of nature and the
forces therein, but the only way one can "secure" an act of nature is when it is a deliberate
act of aggression from one who can control those said forces.

The beliefs of those dip wads sitting on the hill playing with themselves at the expense of the Amerikan
population are the ones that are truly afraid....and they are passing their fears on to us by making the
noose ever tighter...

People, don't buy into their cow patty games. Napolitano totally chaps me. When the Creator said brains she thought it was trains and she's been ridin' the rails ever since....but she too will be derailed sooner than she thinks...just like the rest of 'em.

They don't feel that WE THE PEOPLE are intelligent enough to work with them then we will help ourselves and the heck with them and their ilk. Do you ken?

BTW...her new "security" force is The Rescue Rangers...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If the Homeland Security Secretary says so...Heil Somebody!!!
But, shouldn't they be fighting something real?

Better shut up, before somebody decides I have to be "re-educated", in some of FEMA's "new schools"...now I did it

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Anyone else find it a bit moronic that DHS AND Bin Laden are fighting against climate change? I mean that's about the most hilarious thing I've ever heard: the US government and Bin Laden teaming up for a change to fight terrorism. It's a real "hands across America" moment.

Not so strange.. After all... Birds of a feather flock together... Lmfao at their attempt at climate change.. More like an excuse to waste more of the taxpayers money while leading in destroying the environment...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join