It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming: Movie debunking aliens, psychics and paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

One Question...

Who did they get to play you in the film?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Conspiracy theorists aren't going to like that one

I will bet most Conspiracy theorists WILL watch it
Because if we didn't the film will fail...

Why? because Joe Public already believes it's bunk, so won't need to shell out good Yankee dollars to have it confirmed

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I say we all promise to torrent it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
not to mention this movie isnt gonna debunk ANYTHING...
just poke about some more of the "colorful" believers

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antibren
not to mention this movie isnt gonna debunk ANYTHING...
just poke about some more of the "colorful" believers

yep... they'll find the wackiest of the wackies to pick on and try to make every one with an open mind look crazy.
edit on 17-12-2010 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Gee. I wonder if the movie will feature any dumb hick black people talking about "anal probing" and such things that will be sure to titillate the pseudo-intellectual elites? Naw. Probably just show dumb white trailer trash because they are the only permitted targets for such abuse in the ultra politically correct USA of 2010. And I wonder if it is possible that movie features like this might be bankrolled by the same people who are promoting "alien autopsy" known hoaxes as authentic "found footage" for the latest pseudo-reality alien sci-fi Blair Witch/Fourth Kind knock off?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I will bet most Conspiracy theorists WILL watch it Because if we didn't the film will fail...

Why? because Joe Public already believes it's bunk, so won't need to shell out good Yankee dollars to have it confirmed

Well said Zorgon, as always.

edit on 18-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So, can anyone explain how people have become financially ruined by believing that aliens are visiting Earth, or extraterrestrials in general?

This sounds like an obsessed skeptic taking things too far (a sad side effect of having such a narrow mind, how boring must his world be?)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Looks like it will be entertaining.

Kind of a pseudo-documentary extension of Loui Theroux's Weird Weekends which is quite possibly the inspiration.

edit on 18-12-2010 by torsion because: redacted

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Typical straw man technique. I'm guessing the majority of the movie is spent traveling from one UFO convention to the next, poking fun at the poor people getting swindled by the charlatans who took over this field long ago.

Penn & Teller did the same exact thing on their show Bull#!, which really disappointed me because I'm a big fan of theirs. They didn't present any research that they had done, or set up any interviews with reliable witnesses, instead they just went to a UFO convention and joked about how gullible everyone in attendance was.

Oh, and that scene with the crop circle "expert" didn't seem staged at all.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Blake Freeman wrote, directed and stars in the movie.

When i see sth like that i usually stay away.99% of these movies are a failure.

I bet that the "funny" stuff shown in the trailer are the only ones in the entire movie.I will propably stay away.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

That movie looks OK. I won't go to a theater to see it but I'll watch it after it's out of theaters.

This movie called "Downfall" looks like it would be even better, as it shows how a believer reacts when confronted with debunking

Hitler rants about UFO's

Hitler learns that UFO sightings might have a mundane explanation and isn't too pleased about it.

I laughed so hard, my sides are splitting! All I've seen is that clip, I have to look for the whole thing.

Arbitrageur, Thanks for posting that video. Brilliant subtitles! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

The movie, "Downfall" (2005) is a straight movie about the last ten days of Hitler.

Whoever came up with those subtitles has a hilarious, twisted sense of humor.

Incidently, I really do believe in ET's & UFO's. But it's nice to be able to laugh.

SeaWind
edit on 18-12-2010 by SeaWind because: Info on "Downfall"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza

Did they interview you Jim?

If they did, can you tell us a little about it?

Nope, it just dropped into my inbox and I looked at it and figured I should share it. I haven't a clue who's behind it.

I did like that crop finger.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
yep... they'll find the wackiest of the wackies to pick on and try to make every one with an open mind look crazy.

Well not to worry... they have a cure for that now

Is Free Thinking A Mental Illness?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think most people who are serious about the paranormal and conspiracies realise that 99% of all this stuff is absolute crap.... It's made-up BS, money-making schemes, charlatans, snake-oil salesman... all preaching to and ripping off, gullible morons.

As long as this is the only image people have of Conspiracy Theorists and UFO enthusiasts and so on, then so it will continue that these topics are seen as purely entertainment and fringe topics.

I will probably watch the movie as I always enjoyed Louis Theroux and he did a few pretty good one's on these kinda topics... the best being Korton

I'm sure you've all seen it... It's old... but it never fails to make me laugh.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I think most people who are serious about the paranormal and conspiracies realise that 99% of all this stuff is absolute crap.... It's made-up BS, money-making schemes, charlatans, snake-oil salesman... all preaching to and ripping off, gullible morons.

As long as this is the only image people have of Conspiracy Theorists and UFO enthusiasts and so on, then so it will continue that these topics are seen as purely entertainment and fringe topics.

I will probably watch the movie as I always enjoyed Louis Theroux and he did a few pretty good one's on these kinda topics... the best being Korton

I'm sure you've all seen it... It's old... but it never fails to make me laugh.

I was spared seeing this in my youth. How thankful I am. I could have been permanently scarred.

SeaWind

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thankfully this crap will be taking up UK theaters and not here in the states. A waste of silver screen, does not even seem funny more of a FAIL at it ultimately defeating it's purpose to begin with.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind
The movie, "Downfall" (2005) is a straight movie about the last ten days of Hitler.

Whoever came up with those subtitles has a hilarious, twisted sense of humor.
Thanks for the clarification! Now I know why the translations didn't match up to the subtitles, it all adds up now. That makes it even funnier.

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
does not even seem funny more of a FAIL at it ultimately defeating it's purpose to begin with.
Hey I'm not saying the preview looked good, it seemed kind of lame to me, so I agree with the unfunny part, but....

How is it defeating its purpose and how can you know that if you have only seen a preview?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
... the best being Korton

THIS Korton?

Ashtar KOS and Korton on the StarGate opening in Norway
grtintel.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Finally, a movie that's worth seeing will be coming out in March.
I can't wait to see this hysterically hilarious-sounding documentary.
It already has received a lot of attention from the media.
GAWD BLESS AMERICA

The Civilian Intelligence Network

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join