It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming: Movie debunking aliens, psychics and paranormal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
just got this mass email... but it's an interesting trailer:

Hi my name is Danielle Crane. I just produced the film called Gawd Bless America. Blake Freeman wrote, directed and stars in the movie. He takes a 68 year old man across the country debunking aliens, psychics and paranormal. It is a comedy and touches on how many people, not just this old man, are financially bankrupt because of these absurd beliefs. We started in Roswell at the alien convention and met some of the most interesting people and heard all of their crazy stories!
The trailer was put up a week ago and we already have 51,000 views. I wanted to send it to you since we also interviewed a lot of skeptics. I hope you enjoy!

Link to Gawd Bless America trailer:
www.youtube.com...

Thank you for your consideration!
Danielle Crane
danielle@wunderkind-pictures.com

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i wounder if i made a video of all the military idiots
you know the few that do stupid stuff
and make it look like all milatary do stupid stuff
could i make a film such as this

dont get me wrong
expose the fackers and money makers
but beware of taring all with one brush

thanks for the clip
lol funny funny people

xploder

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nice. I will have to see it.

I actually believe in extraterrestrial encounters to an extent, but I think that pretty much all of the pop culture ufo stuff is hoaxes, misunderstandings, and simple dumb logic.

It is films like this that help in pushing out the nonsense in the field, and allows for a far better discussion on what is going on and possible.

heh, they interview prophet yehweh..that guys a nut.

Of course, the one drawback is that this will identify any truely wanting to uncover the truth about the phenomona to be labelled with the same quackyness as the twits in the video they expose...hopefully somewhere in there they did contrast the actual ufo movement with the nutcase channelers and morons that disgrace the field.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists aren't going to like that one

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It doesn't look funny at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting. I dont really understand how they could "debunk" psychics when the government is well known to have spent a lot of money working with psychics, and continue to do so. Obviously the majority of these cases are bogus, but that does not sufficiently explain away the cases that are, well, unexplainable.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I will watch this without a doubt, I disagree i think it looks hilarious!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Look like a fun movie to watch. It doesnt look like something that try to sway opinions

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Anybody can make a movie that pokes fun of extremist...
this is about as journalistic relevant as something like Borat/Bruno

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'd have to see the movie to be sure, but it seems like this guy has sought out the most far-fetched ideas and people in alternative thought and took a crap on these perhaps quite gullible people's beliefs. He's trying to prove something doesn't exist. This is impossible.

If you think you have proved something does not exist, then you have committed a logical fallacy. Attempting to prove the nonexistence of aliens/psychics/the paranormal is especially foolish, as these things are all defined as being beyond the range of normal experience, and the accepted, official, currently popular theories about anything inherently will not include the supernatural. Science is materialistic and only accepts something into its system once it is considered to be a "natural" phenomena.

I hope the preview is not representative of the actual film. The abduction bit - bringing up anal probing, seriously? Yes, it is a popular and humorous idea, but once you actual do research into abductions, you won't find anal probing to be a common theme. He's bringing up something that pop culture created as a meme, not the actual abductees' experience. He could have brought up relevant points and not gone straight for the potty jokes. That will discredit and marginalize any topic. I dunno, this guy just isn't really treating these subjects with a fair hand. Maybe the actual film will be better.

If anybody can logically prove that something does not exist (like aliens, or psychics, or the paranormal in general), please let me know so we can chat, heh.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Does this movie poke fun at those who believe in organized religion fairy tales? Those paranormal beliefs are just as absurd as those that are less popular.

Or is it that there are too many people who do believe in such fairy tales, and that the producers of the movie are too fearful of the consequences they may face when going after such a subject?
edit on 17-12-2010 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

That movie looks OK. I won't go to a theater to see it but I'll watch it after it's out of theaters.

This movie called "Downfall" looks like it would be even better, as it shows how a believer reacts when confronted with debunking

Hitler rants about UFO's

Hitler learns that UFO sightings might have a mundane explanation and isn't too pleased about it.

I laughed so hard, my sides are splitting! All I've seen is that clip, I have to look for the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ha ha ha ha that was one of the best laughs I've had in a while ,oh god please tell me where to the whole movie!ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Lmao ... people he interviews are most likely professional dumb@sses and tin-foil hats, he just shows audience one side of the story; yes yes I know there are alot of fakers and hoaxers on these subjects, but this guy should at has balls to admit it there are shts out there that beyond our grasp, our current knowledge and understanding.
I really look forward to see this guy's face when SHTF (we are not alone type)
I know it is next to the impossible, but I still keep a piece in the back of my mind just in case.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I love the statement: "I have a PHD in psesudoscience"

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
this movie sounds pretty amusing and informative

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Did they interview you Jim?

If they did, can you tell us a little about it?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I understand that this is a comedy, but I find the blatantly faked climax of the trailer, with the actor playing the "crop circle expert" going so far as to perform the eternally phony "get that camera out of my face" moment to be offensive. The filmmaker is supposedly trying to "prove" these things don't exist. Why discredit yourself like that?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Gawd Bless America"...Yeah shame they didn't do one about the card carrying nutters allowed to teach in Universities that Darwin was wrong.

Shame they didn't do one about how they chop parts out of films such as "The Advocate" where a priest says "Well of course it's all total moonshine, but stand me up in court I'll say I believe in every last word in the bible"

Maybe someone should make a documentary poking fun at the middle ranking nobodies who are dragged out to come up with even more ridiculous explanations than aliens for some of these sightings. The poor deluded *more than my jobsworths* who tow the party line no matter how intellectually bankrupt it is. We could all have some real belly laughs at the company, career for life, nobodies who aren't considered *cool enough* to be allowed to see what actually really goes on deep inside some of these organisations. We can roll around chuckling on our sofas watching them say one thing whilst the very people who ordered them to say it, actually think something totally different.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think we need to point more cameras at people who actually have something important to say . . . .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join