It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

look what I found!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by TWILITE22

according to the article it has been verified by reference librarian

According to what article ? The article in the link , next to the picture , makes no reference what-so-ever to the picture .

Also , what , exactly , was "verified" ? That the picture was an advertisement ?

( And of course it isn't a real photo . duh .) I just love this place ...
the pic is an advertisement from 1979,I found it and thought someone could shed some light on it,What i don;t get is you find stuff like this and you get all these people coming on here like its the most serious thing in their life,it's just a photo ,doesn't mean anything I saw it and shared.what are you some kind of lawyer?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If that was from 1979, then I find it very interesting. Thanks OP!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've seen thos before. there is also a GE refrigerator vinyl that has very similar image. google GE refrigerator twin tower vinyl

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Good Catch OP! Thumbs up!

I've certainly not seen that one before.
thank you, for the appropriate response.Now if all those real serious folk would take it for what it is ,instead of coming out with guns blazing ready to shoot me because I have no certified stamped paper saying this photo is without a doubt a REAL ADVERTISEMENT AD.Some people really make me laugh

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Yes it reminded me of that photo as well I tried to find it to post,but no luck

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That is really weird! Never seen that before~

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

My browser sucks right now, but once again, search 9/11 premonition. theres a bunch of them out there. Some are odd, and others seem coincidence.. crazy nonetheless. the site I found bunch on was called darkroastedblend.com I think..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The link the op provided was for the picture if you look the ad where the librarian from UCLA verified it is on the website the picture came from here at designgonewild.com

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I found this piece on the photo,seems to be a legit ad

www.adrants.com...

Airplane Meets Twin Towers in Old Pakistani Airlines Ad Buzz pakistani_airlines_twin_towers_ad.jpg Adland has unearthed an old 1979 ad for Pakistani Airlines promoting its flights to New York City using an ominous plane shadow cast upon the Twin Towers. Certainly in the seventies, everyone was enamored with the stature and size of the the then amazing looking towers but unless you were Irwin Allen, even in your most imaginative moments you weren't envisioning this ad's imagery would foretell the horror that occurred September 11, 2001. Barring that horrific day in 2001 and placing oneself in 1979, it's actually a good ad. The Towers were the premiere iconic image of New York city and they retained their iconic status through three decades until they fell that fateful day. No one in 1979 could seriously have believed an image like this would become reality. Sadly, it did. Similar images from the past will continue to pop up from time to time in old magazines, in old ads, in old movies and we'll wince a bit each time we see them remembering our connection to that day. Sally Mar

[Mod Edit - included link and ex tags]
edit on 17/12/2010 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Here is another one I found it really looks ominous,it was for Marks Bourbon

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Confirmed on the 'legit' status.

And call me bored or slightly nostalgic from when I studied French all those decades ago... I thought I'd do a quick translation on the article, with more than a little help from an online translator.

There are some blanks from the torn section of the article, but it gives you the gist of the story. My comments in Yellow.

Article Start
barquant?? I don't know this word. and then often has the famous salad basket, and person, before they led, was unable to say in the end if they belong to medicine or psychiatry. Probably means they don't know if they belong in a hospital or a shrink's office They’ll be first, examined by a doctor, because we cannot say what happens to them. This is not the police making the diagnosis, they take them and it is us that have to say something. And then there's a category of patients, perhaps most important, who belongs in both medicine and psychiatry. They have both a disease or an organic disorder and more - a big mental disorder.

P.D.: This is where people come to make a suicide attempt. So what do you do in these types of cases?

Dr. H.G.: Things do not always have the clarity and these categories are _ _ often.

P.D.: And for the ((palms))?

Dr. H. G.: we must also consider the __ __ case. I've said that for about half, they are sometimes brought by the police. _ _ but very different. The police, it has the _ paddy wagon and police _ _...

P.D.: Let's start with a basket _ When I see him go, I always wonder who's inside ...

Dr. H.G.: In our case, you must realize several things. On the one hand, we are worried that at the center of Paris, we saw at the center, of a group of neighborhoods that are still very alive and an animated part of the night, the Grand Boulevards, coffee shops that stay open later, theaters, cinemas, and the Latin District is very close, I would say even a subway station, like the Chalet Station, that is, by itself, as a kind of town drop off. Now the center of the megaopolis there is a higher density of more or less important dramas that are unique to the public roads and public places. But people do not like something is happening on the highway even if it is harmless, the gene??. Then they call the cops or the cops are already involved. You know, eleven o’clock in the evening, for example, when a guy walks on the Boulevard de Sebastopol a little tipsy, he embarrasses a lot of people at once: then annoying passers-by, hundreds of motorists who then have to the avoid him, etc.. There, right away ....

Article End

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think, by now, you've figured out that it is merely an advertisement for Pakistani Airlines, in anticipation of their entry into the New York market?? Using the Twin Towers merely because they (were) such an obvious symbol, and unique to NYC. Even more so than the Statue of Liberty, in a way....due to their size and (at that time) relative newness.

BTW...yes, this has been already posted on ATS...twice before, if I recall.

Oh, and 2nd BTW....if you pay particular attention to the shadow silhouette....and note the TYPE of airplane depicted, shows a subtle other side to the ad. Of course, unless you're a pilot, or an aviation enthusiast, the silhouette may not immediately be obvious. It is to experienced people, like me. To others, perhaps meant to be slightly subliminal.

(Hint: It's a Boeing 747. AT the time, the largest, most "luxurious", airliner in the world)........

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I think, by now, you've figured out that it is merely an advertisement for Pakistani Airlines, in anticipation of their entry into the New York market?? Using the Twin Towers merely because they (were) such an obvious symbol, and unique to NYC. Even more so than the Statue of Liberty, in a way....due to their size and (at that time) relative newness.

BTW...yes, this has been already posted on ATS...twice before, if I recall.

Oh, and 2nd BTW....if you pay particular attention to the shadow silhouette....and note the TYPE of airplane depicted, shows a subtle other side to the ad. Of course, unless you're a pilot, or an aviation enthusiast, the silhouette may not immediately be obvious. It is to experienced people, like me. To others, perhaps meant to be slightly subliminal.

(Hint: It's a Boeing 747. AT the time, the largest, most "luxurious", airliner in the world)........
yes I do realize that the pic is an ad ,and have never seen it before I just though it was interesting photo.I did not have a conspiracy in mind ,but more of an ironic picture,on the side of ominous maybe even foreboding.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Looks like a made up doctored image to me.
Who would have been in that exact spot at the right time with a camera and with it pointed up in the exact area to get that photo ?
Extremely unlikely.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Of course, unless you're a pilot, or an aviation enthusiast, the silhouette may not immediately be obvious. It is to experienced people, like me. To others, perhaps meant to be slightly subliminal.

Congrats?

Originally posted by 4thDimension
Who would have been in that exact spot at the right time with a camera and with it pointed up in the exact area to get that photo ?
Extremely unlikely.

HaHa what the hell is going on here

Anyway thanks for the pic man nice find

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Of course, unless you're a pilot, or an aviation enthusiast, the silhouette may not immediately be obvious. It is to experienced people, like me. To others, perhaps meant to be slightly subliminal.

Congrats?

Originally posted by 4thDimension
Extremely unlikely.

HaHa what the hell is going on here

Anyway thanks for the pic man nice find
love your avatar!!some people just don't understand the meaning of an advertisement,I've had to explain it a few times,guess that will teach me to post an ad photo again!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join